What's new

"Will you not listen to reason?!" Martian Manhunter discussion thread!

why no mention of

aquaman water shield?
deathstroke spin?
nightwing flip kick?
catwoman cat claws and trait?
flash headbutt?
hawkgirl wing evade and mace charge?
batgirl cartwheel?
green arrow bomb arrow?
shazam teleport?
wonder woman spin?

Being full screen against mmh is a bad situation.
Unless you're against Nightwing or Aquaman.

I think you guys are overrating push as a wakeup. It can be crossed jumped quite easily. It can be MB 3B/F3 even easier.

I'll take Lasso Spin, Lightning Cage, Venomed Double Punch, Venomed Uppurcut, Mace Charge, Sword Spin, Sword Flip, KF's Slide, and Zatanna's MB teleport over push easily.

And BG's retarded Cartwheel too.

I think you guys are overrating push as a wakeup. It can be crossed jumped quite easily. It can be MB 3B/F3 even easier.

I'll take Lasso Spin, Lightning Cage, Venomed Double Punch, Venomed Uppurcut, Mace Charge, Sword Spin, Sword Flip, KF's Slide, and Zatanna's MB teleport over push easily.

jumped over easily? Me and you define easily differently.

Lasso is phenomenal. Sword flip gets blown up so I don't nderstand that one. And venomed anything requires trait so whatever I guess. Zatanna requires meter.

4x4lo8o

Noob

What character are you playing that can cross it up easily?

Most of those wake ups you listed are either punishable on block or significantly easier to punish on whiff if you know they're coming than Push is.

You get knocked down by DD's sweep, DD crossover jumps splash, you wakeup with Push and get smoked.
You get knocked comboed by GL and his long braindead combo ends with MB Lantern's Might. He crossover jumps, you do Push, MMH gets smoked.
You get knocked down with Lasso Grab. WW air dashes low to the ground and it crosses over. You do Push. MMH gets smoked.
You get knocked down by WW's B21 while in SS. She does her jump-in crossover, you do push. MMH gets smoked.
You get knocked down by a combo ending with Bane's charge. He jumps in with his big ugly D3. You do push. MMH gets smoked.
You get knocked down into the corner by (insert character here). (Insert character here) moves before you do and does cross up jump in. You do Push. You get smoked.

I'm not saying Push is a good wakeup. It is. It's a godsend for MMH.
But Push is not Cartwheel and all the moves I listed above as they are simply better and harder to jump over/cross over/MB b3 or F3/overpower.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
But Push is not Cartwheel and all the moves I listed above as they are simply better and harder to jump over/cross over/MB b3 or F3/overpower.

Your first mistake is comparing it to cartwheel. Shit's mad strong. Your other mistake is going 'Every character crosses up, you get smoked.' The same could be said of most crossups since the controls are reversed on you. If this is not the case and you do predict it, go into training and do a crossup jump with Push set up as the reversal and tell me how often it gets stuffed. Dummy should autocorrect on you and you can see if it gets stuffed or not.

jumped over easily? Me and you define easily differently.

Lasso is phenomenal. Sword flip gets blown up so I don't nderstand that one. And venomed anything requires trait so whatever I guess. Zatanna requires meter.
Sword Flip gets blown up on block. That's about it. Sword Spin is better but Sword Flip can switch corners. And you're not gonna crossup jump in on it either
Lasso is lovely. Whiff punishable like crazy though and block punishable as well. But more often than not, she'll either beat you out clean or at least trade.
Cartwheel is bullshit. You can't even crossup jump that shit. You can't MB B3/F3 it. Hard to punichs on whiff. AND a free mixup on top of it (well...... you can "dash out of the mixup"...... I can't do it but I'm sure some of you real amibitious types can do it)
MC can really only be jumped in on or neutral jumped. Even if you jump in on it, you won't get a really nice combo because she'll be airborne on hit.
KF's Slide is just retarded. I still don't understand where the hell hitbox and hurtbox is on that thing.

MC and Push are about the same as a wakeup but MC is better. Push is a good wakeup attack. But not near the best to me. People know the blind spot of it the more they face MMH and they attack that spot.

Your first mistake is comparing it to cartwheel. Shit's mad strong. Your other mistake is going 'Every character crosses up, you get smoked.' The same could be said of most crossups since the controls are reversed on you. If this is not the case and you do predict it, go into training and do a crossup jump with Push set up as the reversal and tell me how often it gets stuffed. Dummy should autocorrect on you and you.......
Push connecting over MMH's head and at his back shoulder is a weak spot. Push's hitbox is immiediate in front of him but there's seemingly a tiny delay on Push when it connects directly over MMH's head. You can be hit before that delay, as MMH will do the animation and you'll even hear the noise of Push coming out.

Then Push won't come out.
Their jump-in will connect.
You'll get comboed.

The opponent will land behind you and start their combo which is why it's a crossup. But the need to "autocorrect" or "reverse the motion" isn't there.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Sword Flip gets blown up on block. That's about it. Sword Spin is better but Sword Flip can switch corners. And you're not gonna crossup jump in on it either
Lasso is lovely. Whiff punishable like crazy though and block punishable as well. But more often than not, she'll either beat you out clean or at least trade.
Cartwheel is bullshit. You can't even crossup jump that shit. You can't MB B3/F3 it. Hard to punichs on whiff. AND a free mixup on top of it (well...... you can "dash out of the mixup"...... I can't do it but I'm sure some of you real amibitious types can do it)
MC can really only be jumped in on or neutral jumped. Even if you jump in on it, you won't get a really nice combo because she'll be airborne on hit.
KF's Slide is just retarded. I still don't understand where the hell hitbox and hurtbox is on that thing.

MC and Push are about the same as a wakeup but MC is better. Push is a good wakeup attack. But not near the best to me. People know the blind spot of it the more they face MMH and they attack that spot.
the thing about batgirls cartwheel is if u backdash after the first 2 hits , the overhead option will be blocked the low option will be backdashed dont get me wrong im not one of those ambitious types either but its legit
also i fully agree on his wake up i dont know y people say its beastly or whatever i get destroyed for attempting it everytime nearly

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
His wake up is excellent for those who continue to pressure you or press buttons after they knock you down.
"Best wake up in the game" and the other claims by forum goers and tournament commentators AND players alike are to be taken with a grain of salt due to innocent exaggeration, and can be seen to be said less and less the more he's played.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
What are your preferred set ups/ uses for b3 after an orb? From what I understand you use a MB orb setup and then while they respect the orb you get a free b3 which means more pressure if blocked since you're at advantage? If so, you get a free d1 or are able to attempt to mix the opponent up, no? (B2,b1)
And if it hits it's a win/ win?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
What are your preferred set ups/ uses for b3 after an orb? From what I understand you use a MB orb setup and then while they respect the orb you get a free b3 which means more pressure if blocked since you're at advantage? If so, you get a free d1 or are able to attempt to mix the opponent up, no? (B2,b1)
And if it hits it's a win/ win?

I use regular orbs to kontrol space. Stop them from moving or force them to move. They usually lean more to one or the other.

If I sense too much aggression I'll start doing more MB orbs. To keep them from koming in. Once they get hit they tend to kalm down and that's where the mind games kome in.

If someone is too aggressive. They'll be read and eat a MB Orb. If they're too defensive. They'll be forced to block regular orbs. If they're defensively maneuvering then they'll get hit by long range red orb or pillars.

Once they block any orb at kloser range I usually go for the ground 50/50's or air kross up/dash mix ups.

I haven't really found any "set ups" in the traditional sense. It's just reads.

what has everyone been doing after a blocked 22b3? so far i just been doing D1 into BF3 then groin into either zoning or a forward dash and then putting pressure on But im looking for more options

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
what has everyone been doing after a blocked 22b3? so far i just been doing D1 into BF3 then groin into either zoning or a forward dash and then putting pressure on But im looking for more options
what about either b1 into martian grab or instant jump1 tele ,, the b2 is too slow to use after 22b3

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
so after more than a month of playing this char. im sorry i was wrong he is no way top 5 but yes very solid

Espio

Kokomo
Flash, Nightwing, Aquaman and Doomsday seem like bad match ups of varying degrees so far.

Grundy has me a bit concerned too. Bane is just weird, but from my experience not bad so far...air dash is a huge asset in the match up for blowing up charges and he has multiple options for blowing up whiffed charges from anywhere on screen. Smart orb placement can be huge for checking his armored attacks I've found I'll put some up preemptively and when he goes to command grab me or something he'll get hit out of it.

Although Bane will probably be on the side of bad eventually....as armored characters seem to give him trouble and Bane is getting buffs too.

Flash from what I'm gathering gets in very easily and can pummel you with pressure.