What's new

Will Tweedy VS Perfect Legend Be The First Grudge Match Of The Year?

Who do you think will win a F10 between the two ?Question mark?

• Tweedy

• Perfect Legend

Results are only viewable after voting.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
@Tweedy I've never been your biggest fan, but I swear if you beat him 10-0 and ask for a FT3 I'll buy you a drink or something.

I think Perfect Legend is still in denial about how good he actually is compared to the top players. As far as I know, he hasn't done much since he last won Evo for Mk9. I think he's still a good player not to be slept on, but he's getting up there in age and not many older players have success. I think he should try to be a little more humble before he gets 13 - 0'd again.
"Perfect Legend" and "humble" is not something that'll ever happen.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I don't think Tweedy would 13-0, but he would win pretty easily. I don't know why Perfect Legend puts himself in these situations time and time again.

Tweedy

Noob
I like to think that the reason why many of the older guys now don't really compete at the highest level anymore, because they're at a different stage in their life. Back in the day Pig of the Hut was placing in all of the top 8s all of the time with his Kenshi / Sinestro / Zod, but nowdays... doesn't he have a family? Where someone like SonicFox is young right now and can put in the hours and hard work into just the game. The same applies for Tweedy, who would probably be able to grind it out longer and harder than Perfect Legend, who is probably approaching his 30s now and probably has many other responsibilities, outside of just grinding games to win tournaments.
I'm not a kid and I've never had my family/friends support me playing games competitively at all. What you imagine of my situation is probably the complete opposite of what it actually is. I know you're just painting this picture to make excuses for your MK9 champ, to protect the rose tint memories, but relax.

Icefyre

Shadows
The fact that people are giving importance to two dudes disrespecting each other on twitter (like childs showing a painful lack of sporstmanship), to the point there is a thread and even a damn video about it, is the kind of thing that makes me lose faith in this community.
(like childs showing a painful lack of sporstmanship)
like childs
makes me lose faith in this community.
:DOGE

I like to think that the reason why many of the older guys now don't really compete at the highest level anymore, because they're at a different stage in their life. Back in the day Pig of the Hut was placing in all of the top 8s all of the time with his Kenshi / Sinestro / Zod, but nowdays... doesn't he have a family? Where someone like SonicFox is young right now and can put in the hours and hard work into just the game. The same applies for Tweedy, who would probably be able to grind it out longer and harder than Perfect Legend, who is probably approaching his 30s now and probably has many other responsibilities, outside of just grinding games to win tournaments.
I dont thinks its just about lack of time and responsibilities. Sure that plays a role but by saying this you are implying they could compete at the top if they had more time on their hand, which isnt true. With age your motor skills ,reflexes and hand eye coördination decline. You also have to take the competition into consideration (or lack there of) Pig of the hut was placing top 8s in a time when the competition wasnt as fierce. He couldnt compete with the top dogs right now even if he trained 24/7. No offence to the guy but thats the truth.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I'm not a kid and I've never had my family/friends support me playing games competitively at all. What you imagine of my situation is probably the complete opposite of what it actually is. I know you're just painting this picture to make excuses for your MK9 champ, to protect the rose tint memories, but relax.
Jesus. All he said was people who are able to invest more time into something can usually better excel at a higher level. Do you need to relax?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The fact that people are giving importance to two dudes disrespecting each other on twitter (like childs showing a painful lack of sporstmanship), to the point there is a thread and even a damn video about it, is the kind of thing that makes me lose faith in this community.
Hey man I agree with you, but it's just FGC drama. It's part of the culture, as long as they don't throw hands it's all in good fun.

Tweedy

Noob
I dont thinks its just about lack of time and responsibilities. Sure that plays a role but by saying this you are implying they could compete at the top if they had more time on their hand, which isnt true. With age your motor skills ,reflexes and hand eye coördination decline. You also have to take the competition into consideration (or lack there of) Pig of the hut was placing top 8s in a time where the competition wasnt as fierce. He couldnt compete with the top dogs right now even if he trained 24/7. No offence to the guy but thats the truth.
Why are there so many 30+ year olds at the top on SFV, a game that is faster paced than Inj 2 or MK11? Imo the NRS scene is just new so the initial top players were only as good as their competition. Chris G got to win tournaments without combos back then. People just don't wanna dedicate and level up to what the scene is today, and so many people are delusional about it because they want to hold on to the mk9 golden days or something.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Tweedy once beat me 78-2 in MKX. We talked the whole time and he was super nice tho
As much as people don't want to admit, we need a villain in the community that talks trash and actually backs it up which is what Tweedy does. It adds hype in the community. On the 78-2 note, I think I would have left at 20-0, but good shit for sticking it out lol

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
As much as people don't want to admit, we need a villain in the community that talks trash and actually backs it up which is what Tweedy does. It adds hype in the community. On the 78-2 note, I think I would have left at 20-0, but good shit for sticking it out lol
When I know a player is that much better than me, I don't even get mad when I lose lol, just try to grind it out and preserve my fragile ego with one or two wins

chores

bad at things
PL's lowkey biggest accomplishment is getting 65th (tied) at street fighter 4 evo 2015. probably the most stacked SF4 tournament ever

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
He's making himself look childish by getting so triggered over nothing.
The only one getting triggered here is you jumping off the deep end here like damn relax for two seconds. His response was literally some of the most chill and relaxed shit I've ever read in my life, not a single problem. All he did was stick up for himself.

You out here on some ReLAx!!!!!!!!! CHilD!! TRRRRRrrrrrRiiiGGGEERRREEEDD

Breathe, babe. It's not that deep.

What makes you think their set got to 20-0? Maybe he was ahead 2-0 and should have called it a day right there :)

Last edited:

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Thing is, bigger communities don’t need this. I really feel like this kind of drama is an NRS thing.
Maybe so. It's not a necessity, but it makes things more interesting, at least for me. It's similar to Conor McGregor talking all that shit before he fought Mayweather, but in the end they were cool with each other after he lost.