What's new

Will Tweedy VS Perfect Legend Be The First Grudge Match Of The Year?

Who do you think will win a F10 between the two ?Question mark?

• Tweedy

• Perfect Legend

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
The amount of people vouching for PL in this thread is fucking crazy. PL was never a good fighting game player. He was carried previously by our scene being TRASH during MK9 and Injustice 1. A lot of the NRS OG's recognize this, the new blood recognizes this, I'm not sure how TYM, as per usual, manages to completely not see this. PL made EVO top 8's and won them when people from other scenes didn't grind our games, came in and bodied us. PL sucks, has always sucked. Age is no excuse either, especially when at this point we know for A FACT PL does not grind like is necessary to be at the top. He didn't do it during MKX, he didn't do it during Inj2 (I'm not talking out my ass either, people I know straight asked him about his hours etc) and he's completely swallowed up by scrub mentalities that he's had since day one that he'll never overcome. Tweedy would win this so free it's crazy anybody thinks PL would have a chance.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
The amount of people vouching for PL in this thread is fucking crazy. PL was never a good fighting game player. He was carried previously by our scene being TRASH during MK9 and Injustice 1. A lot of the NRS OG's recognize this, the new blood recognizes this, I'm not sure how TYM, as per usual, manages to completely not see this. PL made EVO top 8's and won them when people from other scenes didn't grind our games, came in and bodied us. PL sucks, has always sucked. Age is no excuse either, especially when at this point we know for A FACT PL does not grind like is necessary to be at the top. He didn't do it during MKX, he didn't do it during Inj2 (I'm not talking out my ass either, people I know straight asked him about his hours etc) and he's completely swallowed up by scrub mentalities that he's had since day one that he'll never overcome. Tweedy would win this so free it's crazy anybody thinks PL would have a chance.
I think that's a little unfair. He won championships in MK9 twice and in DOA and actually wasn't that bad at Sf4. I think he needs a certain type of character to win. Kung Lao's mobility matched with PL's super fast play allowed him to excel at MK9. I do think age plays a factor. Outside of Tokido, I can't think of any other 30+ players that are playing at a super high level.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
The only one getting triggered here is you jumping off the deep end here like damn relax for two seconds. His response was literally some of the most chill and relaxed shit I've ever read in my life, not a single problem. All he did was stick up for himself.

You out here on some ReLAx!!!!!!!!! CHilD!! TRRRRRrrrrrRiiiGGGEERRREEEDD

Breathe, babe. It's not that deep.
Wut

Chernyy Volk

I think that's a little unfair. He won championships in MK9 twice and in DOA and actually wasn't that bad at Sf4. I think he needs a certain type of character to win. Kung Lao's mobility matched with PL's super fast play allowed him to excel at MK9. I do think age plays a factor. Outside of Tokido, I can't think of any other 30+ players that are playing at a super high level.
See what I said about the average skill level of our scene at the time. That applies to the whole of the FGC as well. The dude was made obsolete by our scene growing, he never would've been good enough to hack it if we had the quality of competition we do now.

The only reason you don't see a lot of 30+ guys (even though Tekken is LITTERED with them, same for SF) is because dudes decide to settle down etc. Getting older doesn't prohibit you from being equal to young bloods at fighting games at all, it's just those people may not want to do the grind required anymore to rise to the occasion, which is fine, but PL can't prop fish EVO wins off of a MUCH worse NRS FGC than exists now.

See what I said about the average skill level of our scene at the time. That applies to the whole of the FGC as well. The dude was made obsolete by our scene growing, he never would've been good enough to hack it if we had the quality of competition we do now.

The only reason you don't see a lot of 30+ guys (even though Tekken is LITTERED with them, same for SF) is because dudes decide to settle down etc. Getting older doesn't prohibit you from being equal to young bloods at fighting games at all, it's just those people may not want to do the grind required anymore to rise to the occasion, which is fine, but PL can't prop fish EVO wins off of a MUCH worse NRS FGC than exists now.
I hear you and i am sure settling down and taking on more responsibilities in life does play a role but can you honestly say motor skills and hand to eye coórdination dont decrease with age? Or are you saying they dont matter in fighting games? Cause the science on this is clear they do decline and if they matter in fighting games, then older guys by default are at a disadvantage. Ofcourse you have guys that are still competitieve in their 30s but that just tells you how much better they were or could have been if they were younger

Last edited:

Chernyy Volk

I hear you and i am sure settling down and taking on more responsibilities in life does play a role but can you honestly say motor skills and hand to eye coórdination doesnt decrease with age? Or are you saying they dont matter in fighting games? Cause the science on this is clear they do decline and if they matter in fighting games then older guys by default are in a disadvantage. Ofcourse you have guys that are still competitieve in their 30s but that just tells you how much better they were or could have been if they were younger
I mean you can manage your health etc to decrease the degeneration of these things. Justin Wong's life is pretty much entirely tailored around being a competitive FG player, diet, lifestyle, everything.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I mean you can manage your health etc to decrease the degeneration of these things. Justin Wong's life is pretty much entirely tailored around being a competitive FG player, diet, lifestyle, everything.
Wong is in his 30's and he is not nearly the player he was 10 or even 5 years ago. He even said himself on his youtube channel that age does play a factor, but the experience you've gained over the years can help offset the decrease in reaction times and motor skills. Daigo is another great example of age playing a factor. While he's still a good player, he doesn't strike that same amount of fear as he did in years past. I think you're wrong on this one dude, but good discussion.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Tweedy didn't say shit bad to anyone in this thread and you're on his dick for no reason calling him childish cause he stuck up for himself in a calm and chill way. You got all defensive for no reason. lmfao

That's 'wut'

Mwah :rolleyes::DOGE
I think you missed the context, but it doesn't matter.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Thing is, bigger communities don’t need this. I really feel like this kind of drama is an NRS thing.
Not really. Every scene has dudes who are poor losers or just general dickheads who get dunked on all the time and nobody ever wants to see them win. PL is mostly a special case since he can't just shut up and take an L, so he kind of always gets to be the butt of the drama to the point that it seems like he's relentlessly bullied. In truth, everyone kind of forgets about him until he comes swinging in with some dumb shit, case-in-point here.

FunnyMan

Noob
Maybe so. It's not a necessity, but it makes things more interesting, at least for me. It's similar to Conor McGregor talking all that shit before he fought Mayweather, but in the end they were cool with each other after he lost.
I feel like it's a bit different though. Conor and Floyd were preparing to punch each other in the face for half an hour. These guys are preparing to sit side by side and play a video game together. They can do their own thing and more power to them for being confident in their gameplay. but I see why this would seem a bit pathetic to some people.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Not really. Every scene has dudes who are poor losers or just general dickheads who get dunked on all the time and nobody ever wants to see them win. PL is mostly a special case since he can't just shut up and take an L, so he kind of always gets to be the butt of the drama to the point that it seems like he's relentlessly bullied. In truth, everyone kind of forgets about him until he comes swinging in with some dumb shit, case-in-point here.
Unrelated, but Slips and Hippo show coming back soon?

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
Age does matter a lot your reaction time is much slower after 30 than any teenager you cant argue with that if u are not 30+

haketh

Noob
Didn’t all this start because PL rightfully pointed out how dumb it is to write off Midwest as a region in NRS games

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Didn’t all this start because PL rightfully pointed out how dumb it is to write off Midwest as a region in NRS games
He did, but in the same tweet then claimed that Tweedy was running scared of him in I2, then when Tweedy brought up the fact that he had in fact beaten him twice over, he said that no one cares about I2 and took it seriously so that's why he was good. Like I said, even when he says something rational it always cycles back to dumb shit

Zed

BOONKGANGWHOLELOTTAGANGSHIT
Anyone saying PL hasn't been watching since mk9, post his first 2 evo wins. He is not nearly the same player he used to be. He's washed up, not nearly as fundamentally sound as top player are today, and just doesn't play well at all. I got Tweedy taking it 10-2, even though PL has already confirmed ducking.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Tweedy didn't say shit bad to anyone in this thread and you're on his dick for no reason calling him childish cause he stuck up for himself in a calm and chill way. You got all defensive for no reason. lmfao

That's 'wut'

Mwah :rolleyes::DOGE
You’re no better then him at this point tho ‍, All butt hurt♂