What's new

Will Tweedy VS Perfect Legend Be The First Grudge Match Of The Year?

Who do you think will win a F10 between the two ?Question mark?

• Tweedy

• Perfect Legend

Results are only viewable after voting.

JDM

Noob
I think that's a little unfair. He won championships in MK9 twice and in DOA and actually wasn't that bad at Sf4. I think he needs a certain type of character to win. Kung Lao's mobility matched with PL's super fast play allowed him to excel at MK9. I do think age plays a factor. Outside of Tokido, I can't think of any other 30+ players that are playing at a super high level.
PL is an incredible player. This dude came to our local and beat Alucard and Wolfkrone after practicing SF4 for like a week. I wish he wasn't so prideful and actually grinded cause he'd easily be a top player again in the NRS community. But it is what it is.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
PL can do it

#BELIEVEINPL
#TweedyisaDiseasePLisTheCURE
#TweedyShouldBeattheBalance
#BEEF
#TweedycantWinWithoutZooning

cant wait for that matchs :D

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I kind if hate the special treatment mk9 players get. Like how come players like tweedy and dragon get shit on for being tier whores but all the kabal and kenshi players from mk9 are beloved now
I agree. The new guard have all proven themselves many times over. The burden of proof is on the oldheads now.

Tweedy, all day.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
but he's getting up there in age and not many older players have success.
Just wanna say what does in most olds in the FGC is life getting in the way. When that isn't the case they do plenty fine. Look at SF, when I think of young vs old in skill the balance is wildly in favour of the older players. 2018 was Sako's year and he is 40+ with children.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Not really. Every scene has dudes who are poor losers or just general dickheads who get dunked on all the time and nobody ever wants to see them win. PL is mostly a special case since he can't just shut up and take an L, so he kind of always gets to be the butt of the drama to the point that it seems like he's relentlessly bullied. In truth, everyone kind of forgets about him until he comes swinging in with some dumb shit, case-in-point here.
No one is disagreeing that PL runs his mouth and starts dumb shit. Yes, that happens in every community... but only the TYM community seems to think it's a good thing. You don't see Capcom players being like "Remember when Filipino Champ was talking mad shit for no reason? We need more of that." No. Nobody cares. The only thing that somewhat resembles that situation is the low tier god thing, but that has roots that go way back, and LTG is a genuine asshole. Many people like having him around as a punchline, but I think even more people would just like to see him gone.

Icefyre

Shadows
You took quite some time to post that, sadly you entirely missed the point.
Copy and paste takes all of 10 seconds man. I'm not sure why you would think that would take more than 20 seconds to do.

Take notice: I wasn't drawing attention to anybody's point, simply the irony in your statement. Oh, but I can try to deflect just like you, watch:

You tried quite hard to insult me passive aggressively, sadly you completely failed.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Copy and paste takes all of 10 seconds man. I'm not sure why you would think that would take more than 20 seconds to do.

Take notice: I wasn't drawing attention to anybody's point, simply the irony in your statement. Oh, but I can try to deflect just like you, watch:

You tried quite hard to insult me passive aggressively, sadly you completely failed.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
No one is disagreeing that PL runs his mouth and starts dumb shit. Yes, that happens in every community... but only the TYM community seems to think it's a good thing. You don't see Capcom players being like "Remember when Filipino Champ was talking mad shit for no reason? We need more of that." No. Nobody cares. The only thing that somewhat resembles that situation is the low tier god thing, but that has roots that go way back, and LTG is a genuine asshole. Many people like having him around as a punchline, but I think even more people would just like to see him gone.
I mean it's definitely funny, and rooting for your faves and wishing the douches lose is kind of part of the fun. I, for one, take great strides in watching Chris G lose at things, I imagine many others do to. Plus at the very least, PL talks dumb shit about his own skill and others' skill at the game, it's not like he's wishing death on trans folk or speculating that black girls aren't good at games. That's when it's the harmless, fun kind of drama that gets people watching and wanting to join in on the fun.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Oof. That's it?
:DOGE
Here, you dropped this: L
I came here to give an opinion, I did, and I'm open to discuss about it. Not to have an argument with people that prefer not to talk about the subject of the thread or the opinion I expressed, either because their reading comprehension is 0 or because they purposely want to derail threads. To this kind of people, all I have is a mocking gif. Good day sir.

I don't know man, people thought Filipino Champ was annoying sure but I know a lot of people who thought it was a bit of fresh air that he came in and stirred the pot. Same goes for Leffen in melee..

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Did PL even accept the challenge? As far as i know he was silent despite Tweedy's provocative tweets.

Tweedy

Noob
Nah he didn't accept. I even had a dm convo with one of his close friends who said he offered to pay for PL if he loses, still didn't accept tho. I hounded him for a couple days, but i'm not a bully, so I stopped after those couple days.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Let’s clear up a few things:

1) PL doesn’t have any responsibilities— he lives in his parents basement and plays games. No kids. No real job. No excuses there.

2) Although our scene is stronger on the whole now and the tournament competition is deeper (the 9th-13th placers put up more resistance now that the talent pool is broader), PL was very good at MK9 and it was a game that suited him well. And the absolute top MK9 players were quite talented.

3) However the gap between the absolute top players and the gatekeepers below them now is not nearly as big as it used to be, which means that even the most talented players have to work harder than ever to stay on top. In MK9 if you’d ever competed/trained in a high-level fighting game you had a major advantage over most of our scene. Not so anymore.

4) Tweedy would beat the sleeves off of PL, and PL probably wouldn’t even show for this. It’s doubtful that this ever happens.

Last edited:

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I think that's a little unfair. He won championships in MK9 twice and in DOA and actually wasn't that bad at Sf4. I think he needs a certain type of character to win. Kung Lao's mobility matched with PL's super fast play allowed him to excel at MK9. I do think age plays a factor. Outside of Tokido, I can't think of any other 30+ players that are playing at a super high level.
What do you mean by super high level? Both Daigo and Sako finished inside top 10 in last year's capcom pro tour. Both closer to 40 than to 30. If you mean what I think you mean by super high level then only Tokido and Sonic Fox really fits into that category.

I do believe it gets a little bit tougher with age but not to the point that PL would be at any real disadvantage against Tweedy due to age.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
As someone who admire PL and followed and defended him since 2011, I don't think he will win. He was a heads and I think Mk9 Lao played to his benefits. He might not think so but there too many players that are more evolved then what he was back then. He might make excuses about 20 players just playing each other in inj2 but that's 20 plus top players that play each other constantly while he stays at home. I don't think he is going to beat the competition now like back then being mysterious especially when for the past 7 years of new blood leveling up while he stays home and not showing results like before. And it's not just Sonic him beating it's rewind, dragon, tweedy, honeybee, bio, hyatai, etc etc. Regardless what he thinks the new bloods and competition way more deep now.