What's new

Will people's grades / work perf be affected by MK11?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm predicting my life crumbling to peices upon release. Every MK consumes me almost completely. I'm sure some people will need rehabilitation from the addiction that is MORTAL KOMBAT

In all seriousness, I have a wife and family which is a blessing to me. RL comes first and foremost then MK. I'm sure I'll clock more than 5 hours per day if I have enough energy drinks:confused::x

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I've got a wife and 3 kids. I have plenty of time to game while spending plenty of time with them as well.

It all depends on the person's situation. =P
God bless you, then. I've got the same now. We'll see how MK11 goes, but MKX play for me was sporadic at best.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Considering I’ll be getting paid to play MK11, idk I think I’ll be good.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I doubt it. I mean children and childish adults have poor impulse control. Kids are not really capable of making good decisions which is why it is the parents job to restrict their tv and game time and stuff. I am not sure you can blame children. If they are fucking up their high school studies, it is really the parents fault.

As for adults, who are at work or uni.. only a fucking moron of mega proportions would fuck up their work and their lives and possibly the lives of their family over a game. Still people gamble their life savings away and stuff, so there would be for sure some people that are so moronic that they would let a video game negativity effect their life.

Still for the most part the kind of absolute looser that would allow their life to be over taken by a game would be a tiny percentage of all people that play. It wouldn't be zero, but that is how life is.. some people suck at it. It isn't MK's fault that a tiny fraction of people are wastoids.

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
I think my mk11 will be affected by work and family, not the other way around. After having my second kid my game time suffered because I wanted to be a good parent and husband. That’s honestly why I quit IJ2, lack of time to be any good.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
my performance is going down the shitter. I'm not gonna stop playing till I get my ass fired.

seriously, I'm booking the 23rd off and I'm gonna be playing every spare second I have that entire first week. Wanna get off to a rolling start.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I took 3 days vacation for launch so I'm gonna work my morning shift the 22nd, load up on coffee, take a power nap when I get home and be up for the psn timer to tick down to zero. Then it's fucking game on all night.

The gf knows mk is important to me too. She's got sex toys for that. Unless she's gonna go to bounce town on my lap while I play, she'll be using her toys. She knows how passionate I am about mk though. Just like I know how passionate she is about specific things in her life. We get locked in and the outside world ceases to exist.

I'm not in school though so the only thing standing between me and mk11 is work. That's what vacation time is for.

Edit: Calista doesn't know it yet, but she'll be getting a Cassie Cage outfit, ;)

Last edited:

Lun

proud TERF!
Absolutely not. If your work or school performance is influenced by a videogame, you've got a concentration problem.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Half the people I know that play the game took some days off for the release, so here's your answer.

I'm not gonna lie, i used to fuck up because of games. okay and also weed. weed and games its just too easy to escape shitty reality. i still study but i should already have my degree. i'm alway ashamed when someone asks me which semester i am. i also never had a gf. don't be me.