What's new

Will people's grades / work perf be affected by MK11?

I like to make interesting topics.

Do you guys/gals think MK11 will negatively affect your grades in school and/or your work performance on the job? People today tend to get so carried away with video games like MK11, that it impacts their lives in a negative way. I'm not saying anything bad about MK11, I think it's going to be a great game, but I know there will be people out there who will go too far.

Personally, since I have a busy life, I'll only have about an hour a day to play and I think it's enough. No need to play for hours and hours, IMO.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
no fucking way ..... life has its priority first than MK11, as peeing and take a shit , rsrsrsr ..... this should always come before MK 11 ! :D:p

but seriously, nope .... any normal person should be aware that game time is not something that must be put as priority over your normal life aspect , as working , studying , take care of family, walk around with your dog, having sex, etc, rsrsrsr .... if you put all those things behind of MK11, you are definitely a very mental sick person, rsrsrs sarcasm :p:D:p:D

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That being said though I’m only a waiter so I don’t really give a fuck about my job, it’s very easy and the money to how easy it is ratio is definitely in my favor so I could cheese it a little bit for MK. Grades and school and poon will never be on the line though.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
When I arrived at my University, I left my television and game systems at home to focus on studying; however, I have recently bought a monitor, and plan to play a little MK11. There's just no way I can miss out on some Day 01 Mortal Kombat goodness.

That being said, my scholastic and vocational obligations still take precedence over playing.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It can't really affect my work, but I may have trouble concentrating Tuesday that's for sure. Just like anything, if you have balance and you make sure that you take enough time off of it, spend time with family and friends and doing school work then you should be fine. Video games should always be for entertainment first unless it's your job.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Seeing how I've already taken care of the one thing that took my attention away from fighting games (my Bachelor's Degree), nope, I don't that being an issue for me. I'll have a few hours to check out the game and do some labbing on launch before my work day begins.

I like to make interesting topics.

Do you guys/gals think MK11 will negatively affect your grades in school and/or your work performance on the job? People today tend to get so carried away with video games like MK11, that it impacts their lives in a negative way. I'm not saying anything bad about MK11, I think it's going to be a great game, but I know there will be people out there who will go too far.

Personally, since I have a busy life, I'll only have about an hour a day to play and I think it's enough. No need to play for hours and hours, IMO.
Absolutely. I have seen people fail out of school bc of sf4 and mkx.

Also, don’t forget how negatively it will affect relationships.

Well i am in between jobs right now. I wont start my new job until first of may. So during launch week i plan to burn myself out, from the game. This will help me concentrate on my work. It's a genius plan really.

Last edited:
I've took the launch day off work ;)

Get some nice food and drinks in, take-away on the night and I'm sorted. Plus the very next night I'm going to a midnight release of Endgame.

It's going to be a fun few days.. oh and did I mention Game of Thrones will be back! :D
Sounds like a plan!

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Absolutely. I have seen people fail out of school bc of sf4 and mkx.

Also, don’t forget how negatively it will affect relationships.
I used to work in retail, and there'd be some of the younger workers that would flat-out quit their job once games like Call of Duty and Madden came out.