What's new

Question Will NW footsies make him viable?

Yes exactly, so why not apply that to kenshi in mk?
Who said I didn't? Your post came out of nowhere lol. His barge is basically a ryu hadouken on steroids. I don't play kenshi as a main but I know how to play the character and understand the basics and know that he isn't a simple zoning character, kenshi doesnt give a fuck about you getting in, it is almost impossible to pressure this character: d1/d3 to barge, 8frame barge, safe armor, safe 50/50's with crazy range. Whenever I played kenshi I would abuse the barge all day, don't even care if you get hit or block it If you block it you get chipped and I get meter anyway. Once you respect me I can use my 50/50's to mix you up.

However some projectiles arent suitable to be used as pokes though because of their properties, especially in mk and some in injustice because projectiles weren't mids.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
I think we all just need a hug

come on bring it in (>'-')> ......... sike t('-'t)

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Boy, do you live by Ohio? I never even met Dark offline, so the only way I can set that up is if you have a PSN.
lol nope I don't live in Ohio, and nope I am not going to play on psn or xbl for that matter. I stopped playing online two months ago and I have no interest in returning to play with the delay that game has online. I strictly play offline now with Whiteboi and Deg. If Dark ever comes out to play I'd be more then happy to play that mu offline. I actually don't think Joker is that bad to begin with then again same goes for NW. Btw what's your offline handle and are you planning on making any trips yourself? I'll be at CEO in June if you care to come down to sunny orlando.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
lol nope I don't live in Ohio, and nope I am not going to play on psn or xbl for that matter. I stopped playing online two months ago and I have no interest in returning to play with the delay that game has online. I strictly play offline now with Whiteboi and Deg. If Dark ever comes out to play I'd be more then happy to play that mu offline. I actually don't think Joker is that bad to begin with then again same goes for NW. Btw what's your offline handle and are you planning on making any trips yourself? I'll be at CEO in June if you care to come down to sunny orlando.
I actually really want to take a trip to Orlando, but only because I keep hearing about the good players down there but I miss Florida in general and gotta visit family. My birthday is June so Im going to see if I can take a vacation so I could take a trip down. I have yet do any offline action, but I'm saving up to see if I could take a trip to the Break. I would be doing the Break as a weekly thing if I had a car. Commute wise it's 2 hours and 45 minutes to 3 hours from where I live. I'll keep you posted I promise, thanks for the heads up.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
east coast in the building lol

you gonna be at any Majors?
I'm going to start with locals first then throw myself out there to the big fish just for fun. I personally don't know any NW players in the Eastcoast except for those in NJ. Most of the NWs I see are from CORN/Midwest or So Cal and No Cal.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
I'm going to start with locals first then throw myself out there to the big fish just for fun. I personally don't know any NW players in the Eastcoast except for those in NJ. Most of the NWs I see are from CORN/Midwest or So Cal and No Cal.
only 3 good NW in MI including me. uhh Ill be at Ufgt10, final round and evo

AssassiN

Noob
Nightwings footsies are great against characters that he can play footsies with. Nightwings footsies are non-existant against Sinestro, HG, Cyborg etc.

He literally can't play them. He has to dash duck dash duck and jump. Those are his footsies.

Against his 5-5's or winning matchups he dominates. I don't think there is a Nightwing on this forum that has any question how to play him against those characters.

Air dashes give him problems too :(
I hate air dashes, my god...

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I hate air dashes, my god...
I remember someone made a thread where they had hit up practice mode and had timed walk speed for each character. Nightwing was bottom three.

If I don't react to those air dash set ups and cross ups, I'm eating a Superman combo, we know how fast he air dashes which doesn't help since NW has the worst combination of anti air and mobility in the game...atleast GA and Joker have normals that can negate incoming air attacks.

AssassiN

Noob
I remember someone made a thread where they had hit up practice mode and had timed walk speed for each character. Nightwing was bottom three.

If I don't react to those air dash set ups and cross ups, I'm eating a Superman combo, we know how fast he air dashes which doesn't help since NW has the worst combination of anti air and mobility in the game...atleast GA and Joker have normals that can negate incoming air attacks.
Atleast NW has a lot of autocorrects, I wonder if any of them help against airdashes.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
What I learned about NW at Kumite:

1) he can beat hawk girl but it is a bad MU. I lost to PPJ second round but it never felt out of hand. There was no momentum or bodying...just solid play from him. I will grind this MU with Tre and learn how to punish and space properly

2) he can compete against every character that made top 8 at Kumite. This includes HG, AK Flash, AK Harley, batman, WW, Lex, AK Zod, bane, Catwoman, and Superman.

3) both me and Haruza da Bruza both went 1-2 and no NW has really done much in tourney. This just means we all need to level up our fundamentals before we start bashing NW.

4) Counter picking is ok. And for the MU that you personally struggle with, find your counter and go with your game plan.

CONCLUSION

NW needs better reps in tournament that have the fundamentals and work ethic like the guys I know put in the work. Guys like pig, saltsface, and Harold GRIND like no other. And we need to put in that kind of work before we can expect to do well.

Oh...and footsies WILL make him viable.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson

1) he can beat hawk girl but it is a bad MU. I lost to PPJ second round but it never felt out of hand. There was no momentum or bodying...just solid play from him. I will grind this MU with Tre and learn how to punish and space properly

2) he can compete against every character that made top 8 at Kumite. This includes HG, AK Flash, AK Harley, batman, WW, Lex, AK Zod, bane, Catwoman, and Superman.

3) both me and Haruza da Bruza both went 1-2 and no NW has really done much in tourney. This just means we all need to level up our fundamentals before we start bashing NW.

4) Counter picking is ok. And for the MU that you personally struggle with, find your counter and go with your game plan.

CONCLUSION

NW needs better reps in tournament that have the fundamentals and work ethic like the guys I know put in the work. Guys like pig, saltsface, and Harold GRIND like no other. And we need to put in that kind of work before we can expect to do well.

Good job man, we appreciate you representing Dick. Im going to try to level up as much as I can before I head out to locals.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement

CONCLUSION

Sorry, but you are talking to people who have fundamentals and have put in just as many hours as the people who are placing top 8. NW works in some matchups, but trying to take him to top 8 in a decent tournament without a pretty thorough amount of counter picks is silly. A NW main has to understand and accept that you need at least another character to deal with a pretty serious amount of his matchups.

Good job trying to hold it down with NW, but don't get your hopes up about this magical NW player who has put in all these hours and is bodying people.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
okay, so how do you beat subzero with his ''superior footsies'' if you can't zone him? the first thing I think about is armor, these characters having tons of armor that destroy footsies. Characters with tons of armor want you to play footsies so they can blow it up with armor.
You out footsie him. There is no way to eliminate footsies, only make them harder to play.