What's new

Question Will NW footsies make him viable?

no...they have BETTER footsies than everyone else.
okay, so how do you beat subzero with his ''superior footsies'' if you can't zone him? the first thing I think about is armor, these characters having tons of armor that destroy footsies. Characters with tons of armor want you to play footsies so they can blow it up with armor.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Footsies

using your characters normals, specials, and own personal knowledge of the game to make reads and open up the opponent.

this is my definition. When playing zoners your footsie game is usually getting the correct spacing to keep a good fire ball game, knowing your MU options, normals, specials and using this to an advantage,
after the opponent gets eager and sick of zoning they rush in and make careless mistakes.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
How fucking dare anyone out there make fun of Nightwing after all he has been through.!
He lost his infinites, he went through a nerf. He has no Discowing costume

His wife turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now she's going through a custody battle. All you people care about is…..tier lists and making money off of him.

HE'S A HUMAN! What you don’t realize is that @NightwingDayZero is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him

He hasn’t gotten into grand finals in years. His song is called “give me more” for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE: MORE!.

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even performed for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE DICK GRAYSON ALONE!…..Please.

Tom Brady talked about professionalism and said if @Sajam was a professional he would’ve pulled it off no matter what.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time?!

Leave Nightwing Alone Please…. !
Leave Nightwing alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

In all seriousness, in some matchups where the opponent has moves that are "unsafe" but are too far away to check or something, NW can bother them in staff.

Like Aquaman and MMH and Bane possibly idk. I'll always love Dick tho

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
How fucking dare anyone out there make fun of Nightwing after all he has been through.!
He lost his infinites, he went through a nerf. He has no Discowing costume

His wife turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now she's going through a custody battle. All you people care about is…..tier lists and making money off of him.

HE'S A HUMAN! What you don’t realize is that @NightwingDayZero is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him

He hasn’t gotten into grand finals in years. His song is called “give me more” for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE: MORE!.

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even performed for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE DICK GRAYSON ALONE!…..Please.

Tom Brady talked about professionalism and said if @Sajam was a professional he would’ve pulled it off no matter what.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time?!

Leave Nightwing Alone Please…. !
Leave Nightwing alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

In all seriousness, in some matchups where the opponent has moves that are "unsafe" but are too far away to check or something, NW can bother them in staff.

Like Aquaman and MMH and Bane possibly idk. I'll always love Dick tho
Whens Mahvel?

*not arguing btw*

But what are footsies to you? Just want a definition :3
imo people interpret footsies in different ways but there are some things people all agree about. imo footsies will start to exist when both players are aware of their spacing and their safe/punishable/best options. It starts when both players can punish each others jumping, dashing, special moves or any punishable moves that people would like to throw out. Both players will start to fight their opponents in the distance(spacing) that is advantageous for their character, at the range where they can amount to offense as safe as possible and at the range where they can defend themeselves best against their opponents normals, special moves, jumping, dashing in.

For example: even if you make subzero whiff something during the neutral game he can often throw out a clone and punish your whiff punish attempt, hard to play footsies against a character like that...anti footsies...

GuamoKun

imo people interpret footsies in different ways but there are some things people all agree about. imo footsies will start to exist when both players are aware of their spacing and their safe/punishable/best options. It starts when both players can punish each others jumping, dashing, special moves or any punishable moves that people would like to throw out. Both players will start to fight their opponents in the distance(spacing) that is advantageous for their character, at the range where they can amount to offense as safe as possible and at the range where they can defend themeselves best against their opponents normals, special moves, jumping, dashing in.

For example: even if you make subzero whiff something during the neutral game he can often throw out a clone and punish your whiff punish attempt, hard to play footsies against a character like that...anti footsies...
I've always assumed footsies just applies to the practical application of spacing in general. Which is why I think NW is ok.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
okay, so how do you beat subzero with his ''superior footsies'' if you can't zone him? the first thing I think about is armor, these characters having tons of armor that destroy footsies. Characters with tons of armor want you to play footsies so they can blow it up with armor.
Thats why I played Skarlet and play Grundy. I get what your saying but footsies still exist when you use armor to reverse tactics.

I've always assumed footsies just applies to the practical application of spacing in general. Which is why I think NW is ok.
well thats basically what I said, but footsies can't exist imo if you can't stop your opponents options properly, why would the opponent play footsies with you if you can't punish jumping or a certain special move?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
this.

Subzero gets punished for doing clones against many of the cast. When you start to punish him for it, the footsie metagame grows.

GuamoKun

this.

Subzero gets punished for doing clones against many of the cast. When you start to punish him for it, the footsie metagame grows.
People say "the ground blast can be jump/backdashed/avoided"...but that can be blown up by doing ANOTHER ground blast but by *gasp* delaying it.

I'm at plus, and unless you're Grundy with your armor for days, or pre patch 2 frame Superman...respect it!

his spacing of that clone or his d4 is the literal definition of footsies
injustice is full of characters that ignore your main footsie game and force you to play another game, ofcourse another ''footsie'' game will start to exist to counter their playstyle but it will often revolve more around guessing and involves more risks and will be a lot more random.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I've always played NW, just don't post a lot. Feel free to tag me and I'll give my thoughts on the matter.

To reiterate what has been said, I don't like 1f2 as a 50/50 option since on block you give up + frames and on hit they can roll away.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Who? There are so few of us and I haven't seen a single "hey I'm a new NW player" post since like May.
These people know who they are...no point in naming people. I'm not trying to make enemies...just challenge the train of thought.

injustice is full of characters that ignore your main footsie game and force you to play another game, ofcourse another ''footsie'' game will start to exist to counter their playstyle but it will often revolve more around guessing and involves more risks and will be a lot more random.
Ok. Reads are part of it. Good Footsies just decrease the risk and bad footsies increase the risk but no matter what it's still a read.

I've always played NW, just don't post a lot. Feel free to tag me and I'll give my thoughts on the matter.

To reiterate what has been said, I don't like 1f2 as a 50/50 option since on block you give up + frames and on hit they can roll away.
I don't mind negative frames if it conditions them to hold back after eating 7% over and over. It will open up a ground pound eventually

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
@AK L0rdoftheFLY yeah I mean I'm not outright saying "I never use this" just saying I would rather do 1 pound most of the time. I mean when they have a tiny bit of health and it'll kill them or if they're in the corner then fuck yeah I'm doing it.

Also I've never seen anyone post about it ever but you can backdash between 1f2.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@AK L0rdoftheFLY yeah I mean I'm not outright saying "I never use this" just saying I would rather do 1 pound most of the time. I mean when they have a tiny bit of health and it'll kill them or if they're in the corner then fuck yeah I'm doing it.

Also I've never seen anyone post about it ever but you can backdash between 1f2.
Cool. I'll just start using 1b1 again.

I know his holes but they are not the point.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I wonder why people always have to argue with you on these forums.... so is subzero is not an anti footsie character? kenshi seems like an anti footsie character as well, he destroys footsies and forces you to play a risky playstyle.
Stop thinking of projectiles as just projectiles. Think of them as long range pokes with special properties. I swear if you change your mentality your zoning game and your anti zoning game will become much stronger. Just quoting you because you reminded me of this.

Stop thinking of projectiles as just projectiles. Think of them as long range pokes with special properties. I swear if you change your mentality your zoning game and your anti zoning game will become much stronger. Just quoting you because you reminded me of this.
I actually do look at some projectiles as pokes. especially if you played streetfighter and have played as ryu before it is hard to not see a projectile(his hadouken) as a poke. People who don't know about street fighter would say ryu is all about zoning but his hadouken is actually used as a poke.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I actually do look at some projectiles as pokes. especially if you played streetfighter and have played as ryu before it is hard to not see a projectile(his hadouken) as a poke. People who don't know about street fighter would say ryu is all about zoning but his hadouken is actually used as a poke.
Yes exactly, so why not apply that to kenshi in mk?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Nightwings footsies are great against characters that he can play footsies with. Nightwings footsies are non-existant against Sinestro, HG, Cyborg etc.

He literally can't play them. He has to dash duck dash duck and jump. Those are his footsies.

Against his 5-5's or winning matchups he dominates. I don't think there is a Nightwing on this forum that has any question how to play him against those characters.

Air dashes give him problems too :(