What's new

Wild and Blind Speculation Thread

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Liu Kang will be healed by Raiden since he took his body in mk9 with him, Quan Chi will revive Kitana and use her to play with Liu Kang's mind and she'll be the source of rage for Liu Kang :eek:

E

Eldriken

Liu Kang will be healed by Raiden since he took his body in mk9 with him, Quan Chi will revive Kitana and use her to play with Liu Kang's mind and she'll be the source of rage for Liu Kang :eek:
I would be fine with this.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Oh sick, I've been waiting for this thread.

1. The game's first year will be absolutely dominated by vortexes, similar to SSF4.

2. The footsies game will rely heavily on the opponent's abilIty to whiff punish with run-stop-punishes.

3. The game will surpass Umvc3 in popularity and be the second to last game to be streamed in all major events due to its high entrant count.

4. Online will be the most playable of any NRS game to date, rivaling KI's netcode.

5. There will be many counter pick variation switches but everyone will only have 1 character as there main.

6. That Fox guy from the comics will be playable.

7. Sareena, Shinnok, Fujin, Tonya, and Tremor will be playable.

8. Returning characters will be: Reptile, Kitana, Ermac, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Mileena, Johnny, and Sonya. That's it, only them and the the previously announced Sub, Scorp, Raiden, Lao, Quan, and Kano.

Last edited:

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Oh sick, I've been waiting for this thread.

1. The game's first year will be absolutely dominated by vortexes, similar to SSF4.

2. The footsies game will rely heavily on the opponent's abilIty to whiff punish with run-stop-punishes.

3. The game will surpass Umvc3 in popularity and be the second to last game to be streamed in all major events due to its high entrant count.

4. Online will be the most playable of any NRS game to date, rivaling KI's netcode.

5. There will be many counter pick variation switches but everyone will only have 1 character as there main.

6. That Fox guy from the comics will be playable.

7. Sareena, Shinnok, Fujin, Tonya, and Tremor will be playable.

8. Returning characters will be: Reptile, Kitana, Ermac, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Mileena, Johnny, and Sonya. That's it, only them and the the previously announced Sub, Scorp, Raiden, Quan, and Kano.
you forgot kung lao

Tanya wil be a player character.. because how are you going to have her as a chained up slave for a backdrop in the previous game and not include her in mkx? Biggest tease for Tanya fans. Plus she was featured after trilogy so her story lines up.

I already predicted Kung Lao based on a crazy theory, since he's in, this can only mean my exact theory is the reason why.

So, let me look into my crystal jugg and see what the future holds.

**I see the "no footsies" propaganda advocates getting blown up in MKX because they, in fact, have no footsies.

**Baaaan thheee teeeesssteers - @jamessmk

**Kung Lao will be overrated and people still won't punish his teleport.

**All the people saying "I'll see you in MKX" are saying "When's MK11?".

** @GGA 16 Bit pops off one too many times and actually scares poor little @SonicFox5000 to death. RIP.

**Juggs wins EVO in MKX

**Kappa? Oh, god dammit.

**@coolwhip actually makes it to EVO, wearing a 'GGA's biggest fan' t-shirt that has a photo shopped picture of 16bit hugging coolwhip.

**A new TYM user named Mr Kung Lao mains a low tier character instead of Kung Lao

**@Tom Brady gets 2nd at the first MKX major. That's all I see for Tom... weird.

**@Pig Of The Hut goes to an EC event in a disguise under the name "Nick Kage". After he wins said tournament, he reveals himself then moonwalks out of the event.
And this time I wont tell you to "Go Fuck Yourself" on stream after proving you wrong f0r the 99th because I realize that its the Juggs special lol. Happy New Year, Juggs!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
And this time I wont tell you to "Go Fuck Yourself" on stream after proving you wrong f0r the 99th because I realize that its the Juggs special lol. Happy New Year, Juggs!!
But that's what I was looking forward to! This New Year is going to be epic, Happy one to you as well!

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
My wild speculation is that variations will actually be the game-changer NRS has been billing them as in terms of balance. I think this game will get quick patches based on early feedback, and NRS will drop support for it so they can work on their next game to be released in 3 years just as they did with MK9... but I think the variation system will cause it to be left in a good state.
This I totally disagree with. First of all MKX is coming out 4 years after MK9, not 3. They have taken their time and I think NRS is throwing everything at MKX. MK9 was a first step back towards glory. It was a good game but it was conservative and something of a platform for launching the really great MK game, which MKX was always supposed to be. With MKX they are betting big. I doubt NRS are even thinking about MK11 and it may not come out until 2020. The future is now and it's all about MKX. I won't be surprised at all if MKX gets multiple DLC packages spread over 2 years and patches for much longer.

trufenix

bye felicia
I won't be surprised at all if MKX gets multiple DLC packages spread over 2 years and patches for much longer.
I am officially calling you crazy.

My prediction is that not a single new character will be revealed before release and one of them will turn out grossly day one top tier.

Error

DF2+R2
Ermac or another semi-popular character will be held back as DLC as it happened in both MK9 and IGAU, hopefully he's broke and stays that way too.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
-Displacer Raiden will be a fucking bill
-Cutthroat Kano is top three
-Not a single returning character is alive at the end of this Story Mode.
-Even fewer unlockables in this "Krypt" than in MK9. Saved for DLC.
-Only 24 playable characters at launch (not counting pre-order bonus)
-The RUN mechanic is almost never used, but MB throws abound.
-Kollector's Edition features include a Scorpion Statue.
-Tom Brady makes me happy (Both Tom Bradys)

-Displacer Raiden will be a fucking bill
-Cutthroat Kano is top three
-Not a single returning character is alive at the end of this Story Mode.
-Even fewer unlockables in this "Krypt" than in MK9. Saved for DLC.
-Only 24 playable characters at launch (not counting pre-order bonus)
-The RUN mechanic is almost never used, but MB throws abound.
-Kollector's Edition features include a Scorpion Statue.
-Tom Brady makes me happy (Both Tom Bradys)
This post wins the award for biggest set of balls on TYM.

I tip my hat to you good sir.

I personally think that Raiden's Orb variation will be a total bill unless it gets a buff to give the orbs a collision hurtbox.
I agree. I find it very strange that the orbs wouldn't stun, and I'm sure they will in the final build, but if they don't, then that would be hilariously bad. Hey if 2/3 of Raidens variations suck in the beginning he'll have a good chance of being buffed by the time NRS ditches the game after 6 months

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think the variations will cause the game to be what Injustice was supposed to be, a game where everyone has broken shit and is therefore balanced.
You don't know how much I want that to be the case.

Those make for the funnest types of competitive games, but these type of balance is almost always accidental.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I have a good feeling about my guesses:

• Shinnok will either be dead before the events of story mode or an unplayable boss.
  • Goro will either be broken or considered broken(like Doomsday) until he gets hit with the nerf bat.
  • Cassie will be top 5.
  • Kung Lao will again be considered "cheap" and possibly "OP".
  • Zombie Liu Kang is going to be a thing.
  • Stryker, Kabal, Jade, and Nightwolf are dead as shit and aren't going to come back outside of DLC. If any of them make it back into the main roster it'll probably be Stryker. Maybe Kabal if he's lucky.
  • Shao Kahn will come back some how.
  • Onaga will be featured in the story somehow, wether it be a just a mention, or Shujinko and Reptile fucking up just like old times since they're both alive and well canonically.
  • Mileena will either be a major player in the story or killed quickly.
  • The coolest new good character will die.
  • Kotal is going to get his shit wrecked hard.
  • D'vorah will either get murderized or switch to the good side.
  • Quan Chi will be on of the first to be hit with dat nerf.
  • Quan Chi probably doesn't say Woolay anymore. #NoWoolayNoPlay.
  • Baraka, Sheeva, Reptile, Goro, Kintaro, and Ermac. Most of these people will die in Kotal's fight for the throne.
  • A cyber-ninja will be playable.
  • Youknowwho from the comics is going to be just as annoying as his daddy, or at least one of his variations.
  • Scorpion will be mid or mid-low tier again.
  • Smoke will be one of Quan-Chi's main wraiths.