What's new

Wild and Blind Speculation Thread

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Oh boy, an illogical and baseless speculation thread?? WOOHOO, no filter
!

• Shinnok will be playable and have a lot of bullshit mechanics that get him nerfed or banned
  • Kitana will come back
  • Jade will come back because Kitana needs her assistant!
  • Tanya will be in the game because we need more Black girls!!
  • Sub Zero will be good, so Tom's average post count will decrease drastically
Hey man, Lao is back so at this point pretty much anything goes. Kitana is too popular to not make the cast. At the very least she might be DLC.

God I hope Shinnok is a shitter early and then buffed into the stratosphere.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
F....U....N

better this than another "Why can't the NW community just get along thread" or "So who is top 5 Injustice" thread.
If that's the case then I fully believe several variations will require I bit more thought and time before they are fully fleshed out, Raiden's orbs being one of them. And while it may not be a good variation for MU's such as Scorpion and Quan Chi, I believe it could give characters like Kano and Cassie quite a bit of trouble.

Also, I hate you for getting that Spongebob F.U.N. song stuck in my head.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I think the first six months of the game are going to be a hot mess but in a good way. It's going to be stupid anounts of fun figuring out different match ups and variations.

There is bound to be some broken stuff in the game and that's fine. It brings hype and salt to the community.

You didn't get blown up for speculating, you got blown up for saying something is bad before the game is even out lol.

Anyway here are my totally baseless speculations!

Kano will be top 3, Quan will have broken tech that isn't discovered until 8 months after the game's release date. Cassie cage will be shit tier after nerfs. Variation counterpicking will kill hype after the game further develops its meta. Online will still be shit. Kung Lao will finally be fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzu

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
You didn't get blown up for speculating, you got blown up for saying something is bad before the game is even out lol.

Kano will be top 3, Quan will have broken tech that isn't discovered until 8 months after the game's release date. Cassie cage will be shit tier after nerfs. Variation counterpicking will kill hype after the game further develops its meta. Online will still be shit. Kung Lao will finally he fun to watch.
Arnt you the same guy who said Cyrax's bombs were the same thing as an orb that has no collision hurtbox?

I was speculating... duh.

Arnt you the same guy who said Cyrax's bombs were the same thing as an orb that has no collision hurtbox?

I was speculating... duh.
You said his orbs were useless, but you've never played the game. The way you came off about it I think is what irked me lol. Like just the way you said it made it seem like you knew for a fact that the specific variation would be totally useless. My response was just being a smart ass haha

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I wonder if sub-zero's ice clone game will be as good as before since it doesn't take the shape if the move afterwards.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I already predicted Kung Lao based on a crazy theory, since he's in, this can only mean my exact theory is the reason why.

So, let me look into my crystal jugg and see what the future holds.

**I see the "no footsies" propaganda advocates getting blown up in MKX because they, in fact, have no footsies.

**Baaaan thheee teeeesssteers - @jamessmk

**Kung Lao will be overrated and people still won't punish his teleport.

**All the people saying "I'll see you in MKX" are saying "When's MK11?".

** @GGA 16 Bit pops off one too many times and actually scares poor little @SonicFox5000 to death. RIP.

**Juggs wins EVO in MKX

**Kappa? Oh, god dammit.

**@coolwhip actually makes it to EVO, wearing a 'GGA's biggest fan' t-shirt that has a photo shopped picture of 16bit hugging coolwhip.

**A new TYM user named Mr Kung Lao mains a low tier character instead of Kung Lao

**@Tom Brady gets 2nd at the first MKX major. That's all I see for Tom... weird.

**@Pig Of The Hut goes to an EC event in a disguise under the name "Nick Kage". After he wins said tournament, he reveals himself then moonwalks out of the event.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Ferra/Torr will get overbuffed

Kotal will be like Grundy ("He can't be that bad, he does so much damage" "look he can buff himself Paulo plz nrf")

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
I'm gonna stay positive this time around.. Although that didn't work out well for IGAU.. The only thing I can see going wrong for sure is a bunch of useless variations

My wild speculation is that variations will actually be the game-changer NRS has been billing them as in terms of balance. I think this game will get quick patches based on early feedback, and NRS will drop support for it so they can work on their next game to be released in 3 years just as they did with MK9... but I think the variation system will cause it to be left in a good state.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I expect Blood God Kotal Kahn to get people headhunting on the salt wagon early on and then folks will realize how to punish the character enough to realize he needs it, but only after its too late.

;)

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
- SubZero will finally be tournament viable and actually win EVO 2015!

- Shang Tsung will be back and top tier

- Absence of dash cancels will lead to footsie-heavy matches

- Final roster count will be 35 (including DLC)!

- Quan Chi will die horrifically