What's new

Wild and Blind Speculation Thread

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Alright. So after being blown up for attempting to SPECULATE on MKX (God forbid we discuss a game or our thoughts before release), I figured I would create a thread to reference back to for future prop-fishing, I-Told-You-So's, and blow-ups.

I'm curious as to what people are currently thinking with our very limited information, past biases, and educated guesses.

I personally think that Raiden's Orb variation will be a total bill unless it gets a buff to give the orbs a collision hurtbox.

I think that Quan Chi's armor circle is going to be a TOTAL nightmare in the corner.

I think that the run will lower hitboxes and make IAP not AS usefull (still good, but not dominating).

I think Lao is going to be a pain in the ass because.... uh... fuck Lao.

I think DLC will be top 5.

Each character will have 1-2 viable variations max, most 1

Most of the added damage variations / offensive variations ie raidens won't be worth

Raiden will be trash except in displacer which he'll either have op runaway or mid tier

Scorpion will have a top tier variation along with Dvorah, and they'll try to make sub tops like batman and supers

Zoning will be bad

If Lao has a tp he'll have a top tier variation

Kano will be mid at best

The game is going to be band and the antiairs and footies will be meh and I'll quit it because I'll determine its scrub ones to soon.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea you got blown up a little excessively imo. I saw where you where coming from.

On subject I'm calling-

-One of the originals from MK1-2, Liu Kang, Sonya, Cage, or Kitana, will be DLC. Late DLC like MMH was. I'd bet it all on this and will harp it until proven wrong.

-Shinnok will get the 1st nerf hammer. His zoning variation will aggravate the casuals and consider him "cheap", which in turn will have him receive the 1st hard nerf. (Yes I'm also convinced he's in MKX).

-All three of Kotal's variations will be on the bottom half of the roster. Kotal will have more disadvantage than advantageous MU's. Kotal will be Lower Mid tier at best unless patches change him.

-Zoning (Freddy, Kenshi) will be considerably more difficult to execute in MKX than MK9. Pressuring will be easier.

Save it. I'm 99.9% convinced of each of these and I'll own the blow up if I'm wrong. But if I'm right, which I am, well... :coffee:

Alright. So after being blown up for attempting to SPECULATE on MKX (God forbid we discuss a game or our thoughts before release), I figured I would create a thread to reference back to for future prop-fishing, I-Told-You-So's, and blow-ups.

I'm curious as to what people are currently thinking with our very limited information, past biases, and educated guesses.

I personally think that Raiden's Orb variation will be a total bill unless it gets a buff to give the orbs a collision hurtbox.

I think that Quan Chi's armor circle is going to be a TOTAL nightmare in the corner.

I think that the run will lower hitboxes and make IAP not AS usefull (still good, but not dominating).

I think Lao is going to be a pain in the ass because.... uh... fuck Lao.

I think DLC will be top 5.
I don't see the purpose of orb shit, if he has no tp he can't turtle and his projectile is slow... If his normals are really good then displacer will be a threat, hopefully it takes skill like mk9 raiden.. They'll be underwhelming I presume

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
what's the difference between this thread and every other MKX thread on this site?

Fractured_Shadow

Shinnok will get the 1st nerf hammer. His zoning variation will aggravate the casuals and consider him "cheap", which in turn will have him receive the 1st hard nerf. (Yes I'm also convinced he's in MKX
I hope you are wrong because I plan on maining Shinnok (I too am convinced he is playable). I feel like he will play a lot like freddy from MK9. I have a strong suspicion that you are right though..

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I hope you are wrong because I plan on maining Shinnok (I too am convinced he is playable). I feel like he will play a lot like freddy from MK9. I have a strong suspicion that you are right though..
Hell yea Shinnok is by far one of the first people I want to get my hands on. Freddy is actually a good comparison. Different moves but similar uses and strategies. I can definitely see it.

I can see him being semi-popular due to the ending of MK9 and being a boss/pivotal story character in MKX. That accompanied with decent or above zoning, while also thinking of his moves from past MK's, screammmmmssss "face of the nerf movement". Not from people like us, but from casual fans and the influx of new members that will join after MKX's release.

And unfortunately if there's one thing I learned, it's that the casual fan always wins...

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Oh boy, an illogical and baseless speculation thread?? WOOHOO, no filter
!

• Shinnok will be playable and have a lot of bullshit mechanics that get him nerfed or banned
  • Kitana will come back
  • Jade will come back because Kitana needs her assistant!
  • Tanya will be in the game because we need more Black girls!!
  • Sub Zero will be good, so Tom's average post count will decrease drastically

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
See I don't get people like you. If the speculation bothers you just.... go make another Injustice tier list? Or maybe talk about Injustice in another thread.

What is your deal? Having some fun and just talking about shit really riles some of you guys up.
Speculation doesn't bother me, you're free to say whatever you please. I just don't see the point of making big assumptions when we've barely seen or know anything.

Fractured_Shadow

Hell yea Shinnok is by far one of the first people I want to get my hands on. Freddy is actually a good comparison. Different moves but similar uses and strategies. I can definitely see it.

I can see him being semi-popular due to the ending of MK9 and being a boss/pivotal story character in MKX. That accompanied with decent or above zoning, while also thinking of his moves from past MK's, screammmmmssss "face of the nerf movement". Not from people like us, but from casual fans and the influx of new members that will join after MKX's release.

And unfortunately if there's one thing I learned, it's that the casual fan always wins...
Ya zoners always seem to take it in the ass early. Hopefully with the increased mobility zoning will be a little tougher and less scrubs will complain... I can already see the rage mail about my "spam" early on... actually I dont think those rage mails will ever go away. It is 2015 and I still get "spammer" sent to me when I use Kenshi...or Freddy... or Cage... or Kabal.... ahh fuck, Shinnok is gonna get nerfed :(