What's new

Why time controlling Kronika will never make sense and is a bad idea

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
And LOST was just that LOST, even the ending confused even more LOST fans and had people discussing "did everyone die or was it a dream or an alternate reality?" I admit this show started off good but slowly declined into "WTF random plot holes" territory.
While I disagree with OP about almost everything, you've completely misunderstood him on this point. He wasn't talking about whether Lost is a good show or not, or whether Lost's plot makes sense or not, he was talking about whether Lost's TIME TRAVEL made internal sense or not. And it did. The time travel on Lost was perfectly logically consistent. There were no paradoxes. No one ever went back in time to change the future. If someone went back in time, it was only to realize that they had always been back in time. There was never a version of the past without future-them hiding somewhere in it.

As for 12 Monkeys, OP clearly said he was referring to the film. Which also featured paradox-free, perfectly logical time travel.

LEAK!!

Kronkia moves list:
Time stop: "Kronika pauses time clock -- Amplify grants extended time pause"
Time reverse: "Kronika reverses gameplay time by 5 seconds, to a snapshot of the contemporaneous gameplay state (inc. HP, meters, FB status of that time) -- Amplify reverses time by 10 seconds."
Time warp: "Kronkia stops time and pauses her opponent, then teleports behind opponent -- Amplify leaves opponent in stasis for longer, allowing for follow-up attacks"
Temporal Tinker: "Kronika reverses time (game clock increases in remaining round time) -- Amplify increase the duration of time reversal."
Swiss-Made (Brutality): "Kronika turns opponent into a fob watch and then swings them like a cat."

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
While I disagree with OP about almost everything, you've completely misunderstood him on this point. He wasn't talking about whether Lost is a good show or not, or whether Lost's plot makes sense or not, he was talking about whether Lost's TIME TRAVEL made internal sense or not. And it did. The time travel on Lost was perfectly logically consistent. There were no paradoxes. No one ever went back in time to change the future. If someone went back in time, it was only to realize that they had always been back in time. There was never a version of the past without future-them hiding somewhere in it.

As for 12 Monkeys, OP clearly said he was referring to the film. Which also featured paradox-free, perfectly logical time travel.
I didn't misunderstand him at all, he misunderstood what I said regarding the laws of the respected universe. He's trying to restrict what he feels are the only rules within what he feels time travel should be. I also never said anything about lost being good or not, I said it was a poor example of time travel....and was regarding whether or not it made sense in terms of a reasonable explanation which is doesn't do for the audience. How was it logically consistent? They never told you where they were, they never told you HOW so I disagree bigtime here. There were lots of plot holes, there's no paradoxes in the other series either. Well, Terminator maybe but not MK and not BTTF. DD wasn't even explained at all.

The only thing that made sense about lost as far as I'm concerned was that shit that the kid drew in his little book became true at times, other than that the time travel was horribly done.

Ok, well I mentioned the show specifically in my prior point. The movie I agree was done much better, but they convoluted it and took a huge 180 in the show.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
In real physics, parallel universes have nothing to do with similar versions of you or I, they're a very different concept in string theory and other physics concepts.
Why are you trying to apply hard and fast rules to what constitutes time travel making sense? Thats even more absurd than a badly done time travel plot.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Time travel in fiction...
If anyone ever went to court accusing Mortal Kombat of having a great engaging story, the jury wouldn't even need to be in and the trial would be adjourned on lack of evidence.
You don't need to write huge tldr essays about it.

MK's story is shit but it's a fun game.

Also nobody cares.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
The guy made a fun post of how time traveling is a tricky theme to do in media,he has many good points actually. I dont really even care about the story,its just a little nice bonus to keep us distracted when we're not raging online and getting butt phucked by Sub-Zero's ice clone.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
LEAK!!

Kronkia moves list:
Time reverse: "Kronika reverses gameplay time by 5 seconds, to a snapshot of the contemporaneous gameplay state (inc. HP, meters, FB status of that time) -- Amplify reverses time by 10 seconds."
Time warp: "Kronkia stops time and pauses her opponent, then teleports behind opponent -- Amplify leaves opponent in stasis for longer, allowing for follow-up attacks"
Temporal Tinker: "Kronika reverses time (game clock increases in remaining round time) -- Amplify increase the duration of time reversal."
Swiss-Made (Brutality): "Kronika turns opponent into a fob watch and then swings them like a cat."
Source?

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Apparently somebody hasn't seen the Back To The Future trilogy.

You know there's multiple types of time travel used in stories

LEAK!!

Kronkia moves list:
Where's all this cat swinging happening that i keep hearing about? I've never once seen someone swing a cat around them.

Also - OP, are you ok?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Hold on, hold on. Why are we jumping all over this guy for THIS topic of all things?

I'd be rather interested in how the time travel will affect the story of the game and the characters and their past and future selves.

It's not a petition or a tier list or any of those type of threads, so what's the problem? It could be a fun discussion. Just because he thinks he won't work out that great doesn't make this a bad/complaining thread...
This. I never thought I'd see the day that MK trying to build foundation for their own multiverse would be seen as a bad thing.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
hahahaha yo... the gods piss on logic and physics. The mk universe is literally built on the corpse of the one being, they are on some Norse mythology shit not your physics textbook. Enjoy a story my dude lol.

gitblame

Noob
We had warlord wearing skullhelmet who conquered other dimension of existence by martial arts torunaments.
We had thundergod sending himself a message through time.
We had sorcerer who can steal souls and the other one who could resurrect dead people and mindcontroll them.
We had an actor who can nutpunch other's guy head off.

But the time travels... this is where we draw the line.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Me personally, I'm looking at all timetravels as a continous timeline of present existence. There's really no past and fiture.