What's new

Why Sub Zero Should Not Be Nerfed. The GrandMaster Speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what i mean in a correct sentence:
mrapchem i never said Sub-Zero need to be buffed. I said if anything(if decide to touch anything on the char) he needs a buff, not a nerf.
And the move i recite was not to said they need a buff, but that they are not overpowered, and some of them are nothing special.

And as i said I dont call for a buff, but if this character is to be touched, it shouldnt be nerfed, if anything he would require a buff, but i dont call for it.
I hope im clear now.

Last edited:

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I kinda am a Thin Ice Main at this point, since I’ve played him exclusively in most serious matches for the last month or so.
I agree and disagree with some points people make here based on my personal experience fighting as sub and fighting other sub players:

F2: it should be a little slower to make it reactable. At the moment Sub players rely too heavily on the mix up, even in thin ice. It should be a couple frames slower, maybe 22 frames would be ok. I actually get beat out of it all the time, the move is pretty bad outside of oki situations tbh. It’s a cool KB whiff punish but also very unreliable. The move is not broken whatsoever, but I agree the mix should be toned down just a tiny bit.

I feel like f2 is the only thing people really have an argument to complain about. If they nerf f2 I feel like other things about the character need to be addressed in order to keep him balanced. Sub really is not that great if you take away his mix up, let’s be honest.

The only thing I want to see get buffed, if they nerf f2 (which at this point I assume they will) are the following:

His d1 is basically good since it has 6f startup and is -6 (I feel like this is what a d1 should be kind of at on block), BUT it whiffs all the time. I am not exaggerating here, go play Sub yourself, his d1 whiffs in the weirdest situations, there are a few matchups where counterpoking basically becomes impossible (Sonya, Scorpion, Geras, Erron Black, Baraka and more). This moves hitbox needs a fix, it’s not ok to not be able to play a huge part of the games meta.

His d3 is kinda bad too I feel, the angle and range is hella weird, it’s kinda inconsistant, you are never sure whether it might hit or not. I am not a fan of it. Also 9f is prettyyy slow for the range it has. Other characters have way better options.

The d1 and d3 make it so oftentimes you cannot enforce anything besides b3, since NOTHING else hits mid. Basically one of the reasons why sub players rely on f2 and b3, everything else gets low profiled and you cannot make them stop neutral ducking without these moves.

F4 is not a problem for the same reason. What can he get from it? D1, d3, b3, everything else can be low profiled, f2 is a 15f move if you go for it after a blocked f4. You block the follow up to f4 and then it’s your turn again, voila! Everything besides the things mentioned above is not at all guaranteed and you should be able to react.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Also reading the majority of the comments, Sub Zero downplayers and haters alike:

‘Nerf this move into the ground’ ‘Sub needs buffs if anythig’ Wtf man

5th at VSFighting used by SeaCyat.
Yeah and in this tour, 90% of the best player were missing for obvious reason. Its International tournament.

Wigy, why you not comment on my previous post and the 3 videos i post in a Match(not training), where SonicFox not only react to it, but he was going down first, then correct himself and still reacted and blocked.

And games are balanced towards pro players. In every competive game is like that, otherwise we have a big problem.

Moms4lif3, its already slow enoug and animation is obvious that helps to react to it. Its switching stances and pull both of his hands and the axe come from the back. Sub Zero doesn]t have any other moves that have similar animation, so you cant get confused what move is coming.
If its slowed down in a pro stage this move will be a lot worse and Sub-Zero will be like a dead hero in the stage.
There is nothing wron with the character, its not even close to strong, forget about overpowered.
I will be amused if they decide to nerf anything of Sub Zero.
He needs his issues to be fixed and thats it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.