What's new

why so much fan emphasis on females?

SLy

Noob
People just like to play WITH the baddest chicks in the game.. Nothing more than that.

I think the people who carry that mentality of "I cant play female characters" Are the people that like to invision themselves playing "AS" the character instead. Its an imaginative thing with them..

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
People just like to play WITH the baddest chicks in the game.. Nothing more than that.

I think the people who carry that mentality of "I cant play female characters" Are the people that like to invision themselves playing "AS" the character instead. Its an imaginative thing with them..
i hate that mentality i just like good characters, there are females id like to see (as i said before) black canary, cheetah, starfire or raven, hawkgirl was one, Power Girl even though she's the same as supes kinda, but theres also males id like to see in like Blue Beetle, Black Adam, Red Hood, Deadshot (even though he wont make it), and i was so happy to finally see Sinestro, i just dont see females as more important and it seems like alot of fans do

Reactions: SLy

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Because did you not see the What Female Character poll? All the characters on that list would be awesome save for Power/super/batgirl and we will see almost none of them on the roster. Which is a problem.

And all of that due to the fact way too many people seriously, fucking seriously link their masculinity to the game and couldn't bear to play a female. Regardless of playstyle or PvP effectiveness. To the point they complain about females even showing up on the roster.

Hey, don't go by me though. The view is different from Normalpenisland.

Numbface

You. Are Not. Alone.
character diversity is but not really gender diversity, i just dont want this game to be like MvC3 where they purposely avoid good usual characters and put in obscure characters who really we like "huh, who is that and why is he here?" i mean different is good and if you have a female character who fits well by all means i just dont want any forced characters.
MvC3 made a lot of poor roster choices but that doesn't mean NRS has to use the same mistake Marvel and DC are big universes with tons of awesome females, Capcom just chose not to use them

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Because did you not see the What Female Character poll? All the characters on that list would be awesome save for Power/super/batgirl and we will see almost none of them on the roster. Which is a problem.

And all of that due to the fact way too many people seriously, fucking seriously link their masculinity to the game and couldn't bear to play a female. Regardless of playstyle or PvP effectiveness. To the point they complain about females even showing up on the roster.

Hey, don't go by me though. The view is different from Normalpenisland.
well some of those females would be great imo and some are in the game but all of them shouldnt be, and is that why fighting games are usually mostly male? i thought it was because well...fighting is always more associated with males than females, but if its just because idiot guys refuse to play as females or think they arent good just because of gender thats dumb.

im not againts female characters, im againts characters that take away the opportunity of taking better options like ivy over swamp thing, beast boy over animal man or vixen. killer frost over captain cold (who makes more sense in the game). hell i would like to see etrigan even and it doesn't have to do anything with gender, he's a demon (a male demon, but still)

SLy

Noob
I just dont see females as more important
This is the reason why a lot of people like to pick female Characters. A lot of people underrate the female gender.

But honestly.. female characters are just more fun to play with. Their personalites attract a lot more people because they have attitudes that you wouldn't come across in real life lol.. That's facts.
Everyone is used to the Masculine Hero or Villain that is cool and awesome.. We see a lot of that. We don't see it too much of it in Females.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
im not againts female characters, im againts characters that take away the opportunity of taking better options like ivy over swamp thing, beast boy over animal man or vixen. killer frost over captain cold (who makes more sense in the game)
I hope neither Swamp Thing or Ivy get in, Vixen or Animal Man could have very fun play styles, and why does Cold make more sense than any of the other Ice Pack? Just cause he's a Flash villain?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
well some of those females would be great imo and some are in the game but all of them shouldnt be, and is that why fighting games are usually mostly male? i thought it was because well...fighting is always more associated with males than females, but if its just because idiot guys refuse to play as females or think they arent good just because of gender thats dumb.
It's all about the target demo. In this case it's 18-49 year old comic book fans/gamers. Generally means there is pandering sexist fuckery afoot, that will be met with a warm reception. Whether people realize it or not.

Female characters fighting in thongs bothers me more than so little of them being in the game. But whatever, I guess. Still maintain none of this would be a problem if penis enhancement pills actually worked.

I hope neither Swamp Thing or Ivy get in, Vixen or Animal Man could have very fun play styles, and why does Cold make more sense than any of the other Ice Pack? Just cause he's a Flash villain?
idk, it's an obvious choice for me anyway, he's a badass dude, better than whiny mr freeze (plus we don't need more bat villains). would be an excellent villain for flash. what does killer frost has to offer?

Courtney

Burn in my Light
idk, it's an obvious choice for me anyway, he's a badass dude, better than whiny mr freeze (plus we don't need more bat villains). would be an excellent villain for flash. what does killer frost has to offer?
A better name!(jk)1st yes Frost is my fave Ice Villain, but I really like when we get to see heroes fight there non regular rogues it makes the comic book universe seem bigger and more epic to me which is why I liked Justice League and Young Justice better than any other animated show, plus she's mad sexy yo!

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I fucked up the target demo in my earlier post.

I think it's actually 13-39 year old comic book fans/gamers.

The sexism will be even worse.

Numbface

You. Are Not. Alone.
Them being sexy is only an added bonus, The reason I want more females in is because I take them seriously, and it seems the majority of anti female people think that just cause they're girls means they can't be badass

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Them being sexy is only an added bonus, The reason I want more females in is because I take them seriously, and it seems the majority of anti female people think that just cause they're girls means they can't be badass
Or, they think it's somehow possible to be badass dressed like this:

Boobwindows and forever cameltoes. Essential ingredients to produce a can of whoop-ass.