What's new

General/Other - Reptile Why Reptile is BROKEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
People laugh at this thread but also forget the whole practice of making up your own frame data was a very active thing when the post-first buffs Bone Shaper Shinnok outcry was going on.

Where was this attitude back then?

i think somebody said BS projectile was + something on block. cant recall though

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Not broke, but bf2 whiff recovery should be increased. In a meta that has nerfed running and that is supposed to promote more patience getting in, that special doesn't seem to fit as it is now.

Skedar70

Noob
Not broke, but bf2 whiff recovery should be increased. In a meta that has nerfed running and that is supposed to promote more patience getting in, that special doesn't seem to fit as it is now.
This is the only thing that doesn't fit in my opinion. Reptile is fine but his dash needs to have more recovery on whiff and on block. That thing is hard to punish so Reptiles use it Brainless

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
This is the only thing that doesn't fit in my opinion. Reptile is fine but his dash needs to have more recovery on whiff and on block. That thing is hard to punish so Reptiles use it Brainless
On block it's pretty much ok. On whiff is stupid, makes whiffed bf2 into another bf2 a legit tactic lol. Gives him way too good mobility for this meta.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I just...do you main Kotal, Bo or Butcher Leatherface? because those are like the three characters that he has "amazing zoning" against. And even then it's not that great except for against Kotal (Reptile wins that matchup 7-3 imo)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Its intentional, he had this same thing in MK9 tho, only the mighty gods can punish blocked dashes

TamedLizard

Buff George
Still no response from OP. Obvious troll thread is obvious.

But if we want to get serious, then yeah, Reptile is easily top 10 material in the game's current form but he's not broken. He does have losing MUs and many characters have answers for his zoning. Some with multiple answers. Like Mileena, Ermac, or Liu.

And F412~EX Basilisk has never been a thing. Even if it's -7, it's not like he can block anything after that if Basilisk even has the chance to get fully activated sooo

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

But if we want to get serious, then yeah, Reptile is easily top 10 material in the game's current form but he's not broken. He does have losing MUs and many characters have answers for his zoning. Some with multiple answers. Like Mileena, Ermac, or Liu.

And F412~EX Basilisk has never been a thing. Even if it's -7, it's not like he can block anything after that if Basilisk even has the chance to get fully activated sooo
I was arguing with a certain "someone" about Reptile, he kept saying he's S+ tier but he didn't even know Reptile can't block during basilisk.

People are really quick to jump to conclusions without even knowing the characters.

Soahra

Noob

this isnt a troll i was living my life. Try poking out and you'll get the 40%+

Soahra

Noob
y'all dont know anything clearly. his forceballs make his zoning top 1 with his dumb spit. get a forceball out and you win. He literally has no weaknesses or bad MUs. I main Grandmaster and its still dumb how good reptile is against him

Status
Not open for further replies.