What's new

General/Other - Reptile Why Reptile is BROKEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Most MK players have a smart-mouth to those who don't have the same knowledge as them.

Yall gotta grow up.

Isn't this game mostly play by mature audience? If so...why acting smart to those who are still learning?

Last edited:

TamedLizard

Buff George
Quick question... seriously what are his bad match ups?
GM and Mileena are the ones I have as glaring problematics. At least those are the MUs that made me consider using my secondary by default.

And off the top of my head, I'm also not hopeful about Scorp, AS Tremor, Triborg (Cyrax may be the exception), Liu, or Mystic/MoS, but I can't definitively say all of those are losing due to limited experience. They just feel a bit tougher.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Not broke, but bf2 whiff recovery should be increased. In a meta that has nerfed running and that is supposed to promote more patience getting in, that special doesn't seem to fit as it is now.
Blake pushed my shit in for attempting to use this as mobility.

Git gud

He's broke. Best zoning in the game with a quick spit and (soap bar in my mouth) good forceball pressure. He has a safe armor breaking LOW. A 12f +5 OVERHEAD. His b1d4 is completetly safe and special cancelable. F41~DD3ex in deceptive and F412~DD3ex jails in nimble. Thats so dumb. He has literally Zero bad MUs. Insanely hard to whiff punish, almost no risk. His setups in Nimble are so dumb. You can get 54% meterless. He takes no execution.

He does not have the best zoning in the game. Zoning, while relevant in MKX, is really only strong vs a few characters with low mobility. With that said, good players have very little issue with zoning in this game given the small screen size, run button and crazy mobility.

Let me put you full screen and have sinestro's trait and 2-3 bars and then you will feel what real zoning is.

Matix218

Get over here!
Most MK players have a smart-mouth to those who don't have the same knowledge as them.

Yall gotta grow up.

Isn't this game mostly play by mature audience? If so...why acting smart to those who are still learning?
Maybe because he stated false information, acted like a jerk in every reply post, said that he has no reason to lab the matchup because he lost to one player in an online ranked match... That could have something to do with it :DOGE

Riot Frenzy

Acidic Reptile
His counter zoning got worse making matchups like Milena and kitana much harder because his spit doesnt do much on trade and he can't raw forceball without being punished. Zoning matchups he won before got way better but the loss of bounce on db4 hurt him a lot.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Reptile is a very good character no doubt but he isn't better than Ermac, Sonya, Sub-Zero, Smoke, Shinnok, Jason, Kitana, or Predator imo.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
One thing that you guys are missing, is that if you use a character that cannot throw projectiles back at him consistently, he probably does have the most oppressive zoning in MKX.

I diagnose that this guy probably uses War God or something.
he explained he uses grandmaster

lmao

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Reptile is a character that could be really good or really average, but people want a definite answer NOW. He's like a better version of Cyrax in that regard.

Give him in this version time.
I agree with the first part but Reptile and Cyrax aren't in the same ballpark. Or even the same league for that matter imo at least.

Uh. "Force ball pressure". What the fuck? Also, you try deploying his "best zoning in the game" by spamming force balls against any character with a teleport or similar move and see how that goes.

Why do I even bother to respond?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I want to learn Reptile with all my heart, but I dont even know where to start with this fucker. He has SO much., Someone hold my hand and explain this shit.

THTB

His counter zoning got worse making matchups like Milena and kitana much harder because his spit doesnt do much on trade and he can't raw forceball without being punished. Zoning matchups he won before got way better but the loss of bounce on db4 hurt him a lot.
His counter zoning is worse in damage, but better in safety. He can ex pounce and as long as he doesn't whiff it, you don't die for missing it. It has a place as a read anti zone option vs harder to react to ranged options.

THTB

Reptile is a character that could be really good or really average, but people want a definite answer NOW. He's like a better version of Cyrax in that regard.

Give him in this version time.
In the hands of a really good player willing to put in the time, I think it's unquestionable he is top 10. Possibly top 5 contention. I feel he requires a really complete player to showcase that.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I want to learn Reptile with all my heart, but I dont even know where to start with this fucker. He has SO much., Someone hold my hand and explain this shit.
I have an in depth guide with all the shit. Of course, you learn shit as you come along. I went back and watched my first Reptile match and I improved so much. Just watch others play. He takes time

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I have an in depth guide with all the shit. Of course, you learn shit as you come along. I went back and watched my first Reptile match and I improved so much. Just watch others play. He takes time
Nimble Reptile has some of the most amount of "You better fucking know this character ya bitch" ever. Like...it's really hard to have a pocket Nimble unless you're god tier (Hello Iluusions, I see you)

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Nimble Reptile has some of the most amount of "You better fucking know this character ya bitch" ever. Like...it's really hard to have a pocket Nimble unless you're god tier (Hello Iluusions, I see you)
Overtime he becomes better, it's definitely possible

Status
Not open for further replies.