What's new

General/Other - Reptile Why Reptile is BROKEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soahra

Noob
He's broke. Best zoning in the game with a quick spit and retarded good forceball pressure. He has a safe armor breaking LOW. A 12f +5 OVERHEAD. His b1d4 is completetly safe and special cancelable. F41~DD3ex in deceptive and F412~DD3ex jails in nimble. Thats so dumb. He has literally Zero bad MUs. Insanely hard to whiff punish, almost no risk. His setups in Nimble are so dumb. You can get 54% meterless. He takes no execution.

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
He's broke. Best zoning in the game with a quick spit and (soap bar in my mouth) good forceball pressure. He has a safe armor breaking LOW. A 12f +5 OVERHEAD. His b1d4 is completetly safe and special cancelable. F41~DD3ex in deceptive and F412~DD3ex jails in nimble. Thats so dumb. He has literally Zero bad MUs. Insanely hard to whiff punish, almost no risk. His setups in Nimble are so dumb. You can get 54% meterless. He takes no execution.
Kabal?

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
It's the fact that all of his reasons are wrong lmao
Reptile is a lot better now for this version of the game, but he's not on the level of pre-patch Tanya or Alien. All the stuff he said makes me want to try Reptile (I always loved Reptile) but I know Reptile has bad match ups and it doesn't matter how crazy the combo damage is, it's all about viability in play, IMO. Unless you're some crazy God Reptile player, I doubt you'll be landing 54% damage combos everytime.

Also no execution? I'm sure the same goes for Tremor.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
K lets do this fr. F41/F412~DD3ex doesnt jail, you can poke out and even full combo punish it if quick enough. B1D4 is reactable and you can beat the forceball free. Even get a free crossup. B2 is +1 not 5, and anything after it is a risk. As for whiff punishing, his Pounce, Slide, B34 are all easy. His meterless setup in nimble in the corner is a gimmick. Not down playing him. He is arguably top 10. As for zoning, his forceballs are punishable from full screen. His spit trades a ton.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Reptile is a lot better now for this version of the game, but he's not on the level of pre-patch Tanya or Alien. All the stuff he said makes me want to try Reptile (I always loved Reptile) but I know Reptile has bad match ups and it doesn't matter how crazy the combo damage is, it's all about viability in play, IMO. Unless you're some crazy God Reptile player, I doubt you'll be landing 54% damage combos everytime.

Also no execution? I'm sure the same goes for Tremor.
hes arguably top 10, but not "broken"

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I do hate how good his zoning is, but I hate all good zoners in this game because they all have good rushdown and I'm a Balanced player soooo..

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
People laugh at this thread but also forget the whole practice of making up your own frame data was a very active thing when the post-first buffs Bone Shaper Shinnok outcry was going on.

Where was this attitude back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.