What's new

Why is there so much QoL missing?

I'm starting to wonder if the PlayStation 5 version is buggier than the Xbox Series X version. I'm playing the latter and the only bug I've experienced is in 2 separate fights (one in Tutorial and one in Invasions), the audio completely cut out and died. It restored itself when the match was done.

Messed up input listings, buggy Sub-Zero face, etc. I've not experienced at all.
Am on the Xbox series x and s. I can assure u the audio bug has happened to me on both consoles randomly and for at least the whole match and fixes itself afterwards. The more I play the more bugs I ran into. Like the wrong input when you walk under a jumping opponent. The lastest bug I encountered was the kameo call out. Sometimes the kameo will make wrong assist with correct inputs. It's very annoying.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
This is the biggest thing they have had going on in 4 years and good 2.5 or whatever since they have put out anything at all.
They have people working on things

M2Dave

Zoning Master
My hot take is that the most important aspect of the game, the gameplay, seems to be considerably improved. All gameplay elements from the previous game that players despised have either been removed (i.e., breakaway, krushing blows, and wake ups) or modified (i.e., fatal blows and flawless block). However, the game's early meta appears to be dominated by damage output, chip damage, and 50/50 mix ups. Zoning is so weak and limited that even casual players are scarcely complaining about projectiles, or at least not to the extent that they used to in Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice 1 and 2. The point is if the meta becomes overwhelmingly offensive, the game will become boring as Mortal Kombat X did. The issue with NRS games is not that they had the zoning archetype. Rather, many of the games had zoning characters that had a simple gameplay strategy that a Neanderthal could execute. Make the game interesting by incorporating all gameplay archetypes and styles.

Art Lean

Noob
The lastest bug I encountered was the kameo call out. Sometimes the kameo will make wrong assist with correct inputs. It's very annoying.
Phew, isn't just me being crap at the game then. I was adamant I'd entered the correct moves time and time again with Sareena to fire her barrage of boomerangs, yet she kept making the floor glow instead. So I'd do the opposite directional input, yet she's back to burning the carpet again. I'm usually very keen to blame myself first, so I honestly thought I was going mad here!

Another bug I've spotted is on the Invasions mesas with Ashrah. Every once in a while her swords start floating magically above her head and follow her in the air as you move around the board until you enter a fight.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Presumably the store will actually rotate when they get more skins in the game. Personally, I think it's already bullshit that they are locking Dark Sindel skin behind that(I assume you can't unlock it please tell me I'm wrong) so the less the better IMO

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It's not locked behind a money wall. You can unlock it at the shrine. Many people have actually got evey item in the shrine thus season already. Including the Tanya and Sibdel skins

Any way to set it to always counterhit in training? Wanna see what the D2 mechanic can do and not sure if I just can't find it again.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yeah, the one where you have to beat her once “normally”, then she resurrects with the stupid magic shit around her that makes you move in slow motion when you’re near her, then once you beat her that time she resurrects again with a magical hyper armor chest plate thing, but before you can fight her, you have to do the dumb as hell mini game where you try to avoid the projectiles. BUT the entire screen is filled with that magic stuff that makes you move in slow motion, so you’re bound to get hit a bunch of times leaving you at less than 50% for her final form which as I said, she now has that hyper armor that you need to hit a certain amount of times to break. WHILE the slow motion magic mist is making all of your attacks slow af. Meanwhile she hits you with a single projectile and it does like 20% damage.

I cannot stand when any game makes the difficulty artificially hard. And that’s NRS’ favorite thing to do in these SP modes for whatever reason. They don’t actually make the AI “smart” where it at least mimics some of the combos actual human players would do. That’s apparently too difficult for NRS. So they instead make it artificially hard to make up for it. Which just makes it annoying, boring, and wildly unfun. They could AT LEAST make it to where there’s some type of patterns to it, but most of it is just random shit flying in from off screen or just appearing from a random portal. And they always seem to magically appear when you’re comboing the enemy.

Anyway, if the Kameos and a bunch of the customizable stuff wasn’t tied to this mode, I would never play it again. Luckily I’m at level 20 and just need to get to lvl 25 in order to have all the Kameos unlocked, as you unlock a new Kameo every 5 levels until lvl 25.
Yeah, that's the one!

Sadly that's a lot of games in a wide variety of genres. I've long despised FPS games that rely on infinite spawning enemies to make a situation challenging, for example.

I need to toy with Versus AI more, but thus far this seems to be the easiest AI since Mortal Kombat (2011).

It's not though. I can't speak for Online, but you can level up with Klassic Towers too. No modifiers to worry about.
About the unlocks, online gives it also (Kameos). I absolutely refuse to play Invasion, and decided originally to just use the ones available, but when I started playing ranked I starting unlocking Kameos since you get a lot of leveling points when you win. I already have them all and some customization stuff just from ranked exclusively.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Any way to set it to always counterhit in training? Wanna see what the D2 mechanic can do and not sure if I just can't find it again.
Go into recording option and just input one the opponents high moves then play it back and set it to reset playback , that should work

Art Lean

Noob
It's not locked behind a money wall. You can unlock it at the shrine. Many people have actually got evey item in the shrine thus season already. Including the Tanya and Sibdel skins
How do they know the shrine's empty? :confused: Does it actually give a notification? And do they stop even getting goddamn artwork (since there's hundreds of those)?

I get practically nothing but artwork, with the occasional piece of crap gear (probably once every 5 donations, a palette/skin probably once every 10) and not getting enough dragon coins from invasions to drain it for a long time yet given how much damn artwork it's stacked with. Think I've only had maybe 3 palettes/skins from the shrine so far after spending thousands upon thousands in it. If I could transfer my krowns to coins that'd be wonderful, got over 100k of the damn things now, for a store that only ever has like 5 items worth 100 krowns in it, that I don't really use anyway.

I actually ended up just buying the dark Sindel bundle from the Premium Store since I'd been rewarded free leveling up Dragon Krystals several times (so wasn't actually paying any real money for it) and the fact I got like 8 in there seemed like less of a grind in waiting for weeks upon weeks to get them all from the shrine. If only there was a way to get 10k+ coins again like MK11 rather than the typical 100 at a time :(

Last edited:

Jynks

How do they know the shrine's empty? :confused: Does it actually give a notification? And do they stop even getting goddamn artwork (since there's hundreds of those)?
Yeah.. It gives a notification..... And it stops giving you the God damned artworks. It appears each season has specific pool. It's unknown if it replaces the last season or adds to it. I'm assuming adds. So the shrine pool may get bigger each season giving you the opertunity to get old season gear through it.

Last edited:
Go into recording option and just input one the opponents high moves then play it back and set it to reset playback , that should work
Sucks we have to makeshift it like this. Not sure if sf6 training mode is good or this one is just bad. Appreciate it though.

I worry a lot about this games netcode. It’s unusually bad this time around. And I feel like that’s something that rarely gets fixed. Or at least in the past when games have “improved” netcode I notice a difference.

I haven’t completely read this thread yet but I’m guessing NRS has been totally silent about QoL and netcode improvements…

invasions mode wouldn’t even have been a good cell phone game ten years ago.

Jynks

?!! The net code in MK1 is the best in the entire fgc right now... it is way better than SF6 for example... and this is not some kind of opinion.. it has been tested by Spooky.

molambo

(X ౪ X )
Yeah.. It gives a notification..... And it stops giving you the God damned artworks. It appears each season has specific pool. It's unknown if it replaces the last season or adds to it. I'm assuming adds. So the shrine pool may get bigger each season giving you the opertunity to get old season gear through it.
How many customes per char exist at this point? I am kinda glad that you can unlock it so fast so you don't have to grind 6 weeks due to fomo.

molambo

(X ౪ X )
?!! The net code in MK1 is the best in the entire fgc right now... it is way better than SF6 for example... and this is not some kind of opinion.. it has been tested by Spooky.
Can you link to it? I have read that a bunch of times in the steam forum so maybe it's a issue with the pc port?

Jynks

steam fourms bbwwwahahaha... those are just toxic troll feasts... do not believe a thing you read there until they ar eoff harassing the next big release title. Once it is actual players and stuff it will tone down...... 90% of the time they do not even own the game and have never played it.

molambo

(X ౪ X )
steam fourms bbwwwahahaha... those are just toxic troll feasts... do not believe a thing you read there until they ar eoff harassing the next big release title. Once it is actual players and stuff it will tone down...... 90% of the time they do not even own the game and have never played it.
sorry but thats a stupid way to look at things.

not everyone who makes a post on the steam forum is a troll and disregarding everything which is posted there doesnt help at all when it comes to possible issues. one thing which for example could effect the online experience on pc is the russian playerbase. they cant buy and play the game anymore unless they use a vpn which of course lead to them being paired with regions they shouldnt be paired with. you would know that when you would take a look into the steam forum.

does that mean the netcode is bad? no....but at the same time it doesnt mean that everything is flawless on pc. thats why i asked if you have a source for what you mentioned with spooky, to look at it...discuss it....

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
The netcode is great . When it works , when it starts to stutter the whole game even the set even the koth desyncs, a lot of people having the same issues so there is something going on

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
This is one i agree with. We should be able to sit in training mode while in King of the Hill and Kombat League Ques.
we should also be matched by character ranks. it so annoying to try a 3 hr character against people sweating their mains.
That fact that it's 2023 and we still don't have these two features is absolutely mind boggling. I actually fooled myself into thinking they were going to be implemented with this release.

I guess at least they finally made you pick your team before queuing up to address the counter picking at character select. I'm literally going to be too damn old to play by the time NRS catches up with everyone else

Kal

<3
The game literally just released. And some minor quality of life shortcomings are driving you nuts?

Give them a break. NRS games always release with practically bug-free, especially compared with other AAA releases. And MK1 is no exception.

Listen, I agree with some criticisms here. The shrine takes forever, the customization options could be better. But the game is fucking great. I can wait for future patches.
Absolute clown take. It's not bug free at all, and missing tons of content and QoL stuff. You're a clown for defending this launch.

Last edited: