What's new

Why is there so much QoL missing?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Dude Ubisoft, one of the shittiest triple A developers launched AC Mirage in a good state and Bethesda of all people released Starfield decently well too. Other than like Halo Infinite, what other actual good games released in a state as barebones as MK1 recently? I don’t play a lot of games so I’m asking genuinely
Especially fighting games. I feel like it's pointless to compare it to like Call of Duty or Last of Us 2 or something. You have to compare it to GGST, KOF15, SF6, etc. More recent FG launches.

Dude Ubisoft, one of the shittiest triple A developers launched AC Mirage in a good state and Bethesda of all people released Starfield decently well too. Other than like Halo Infinite, what other actual good games released in a state as barebones as MK1 recently? I don’t play a lot of games so I’m asking genuinely
The thing is, Starfield has been heavily criticized. Optimization issues, bugs, 30 FPS on console, barebones mechanics in terms of the open, procedural generated worlds, lack of proper HDR options, no DLSS support on PC at launch, etc.

I know Diablo IV has received a lot of criticism for "lack of updates." There was more around launch but I don't recall what they were off the top of my head as I don't intend to pick up the game for a good while.

Dead Space has stuttering issues at launch. Calysto Protocal was a mess on console. Star Wars: Jedi Surivor is a grade A mess on every platform... there's more, but I'm struggling to remember as I also don't play a lot of new games. I do watch a lot of Digital Foundry though, and it's there I see lots of issues. That's not even talking about the disaster that's modern PC ports, which we chatted about elsewhere.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The thing is, Starfield has been heavily criticized. Optimization issues, bugs, 30 FPS on console, barebones mechanics in terms of the open, procedural generated worlds, lack of proper HDR options, no DLSS support on PC at launch, etc.

I know Diablo IV has received a lot of criticism for "lack of updates." There was more around launch but I don't recall what they were off the top of my head as I don't intend to pick up the game for a good while.

Dead Space has stuttering issues at launch. Calysto Protocal was a mess on console. Star Wars: Jedi Surivor is a grade A mess on every platform... there's more, but I'm struggling to remember as I also don't play a lot of new games. I do watch a lot of Digital Foundry though, and it's there I see lots of issues. That's not even talking about the disaster that's modern PC ports, which we chatted about elsewhere.
I think Jedi Survivor is good comparisons polish wise, good examples

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Especially fighting games. I feel like it's pointless to compare it to like Call of Duty or Last of Us 2 or something. You have to compare it to GGST, KOF15, SF6, etc. More recent FG launches.
In my opinion, Mortal Kombat 1 is a major success gameplay wise, especially compared to Mortal Kombat 11.

However, Kombat League requires a couple of significant changes that align the online experience similar to Street Fighter 6's ranked mode.

I should be able to reject players who play on WIFI. Such connections are conspicuously unstable. Street Fighter 6 allows you to see your opponent's connection (without identifying further information about the player) before the fight. Please, please copy this format, NRS.

I should also be able to mute players online because the toxicity is God tier (particularly for a game that lacks oppressive zoning!) Look, if I were the old m2dave from 20+ years ago, I would make these fools cry on the mic, but I am an old man now and I need to set some type of standard. Besides, I should not be forced to listen to racial, ethnic, and sexual slurs while I play these ignorant kids online. Implement a mute option, or reserve the mic for friends only, please.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In my opinion, Mortal Kombat 1 is a major success gameplay wise, especially compared to Mortal Kombat 11.

However, Kombat League requires a couple of significant changes that align the online experience similar to Street Fighter 6's ranked mode.

I should be able to reject players who play on WIFI. Such connections are conspicuously unstable. Street Fighter 6 allows you to see your opponent's connection (without identifying further information about the player) before the fight. Please, please copy this format, NRS.

I should also be able to mute players online because the toxicity is God tier (particularly for a game that lacks oppressive zoning!) Look, if I were the old m2dave from 20+ years ago, I would make these fools cry on the mic, but I am an old man now and I need to set some type of standard. Besides, I should not be forced to listen to racial, ethnic, and sexual slurs while I play these ignorant kids online. Implement a mute option, or reserve the mic for friends only, please.
Definitely agree. In SF6 I have it set to wired matches only 4 bars and up, and maybe that's why the netplay feels so much better. You literally don't see anything until the match is going to start, which is how it should be. KOF15 is very similar. They need to steal this outright whenever they go for a big patch.

Look, if I were the old m2dave from 20+ years ago, I would make these fools cry on the mic, but I am an old man now and I need to set some type of standard.
This made me real-life laugh LOL! It's so true though. Sometimes people aren't even on the mic, and when they lose they'll turn it on before leaving the match just to rage at you. If you don't have headphones it'll blast for everyone to hear lol. Don't want the little one running around and hear ** * * haha.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”

Could be wrong as it’s been a while since I’ve looked but isn’t there a mute player option in the option menu next to muting your own mic etc?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Could be wrong as it’s been a while since I’ve looked but isn’t there a mute player option in the option menu next to muting your own mic etc?
I tried muting all setting but it just restored to default next time i turned on the system , maybe i did it wrong

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings

I don´t know what platform you playing on but I play on xbox and I just go into a party by myself so I don´t have to hear those crybabys lol. There probably is a similar option on ps5 and pc

I should be able to reject players who play on WIFI.
A few years back, Ketchup and Mustard theorized that would never happen because so much of the customer base for the franchise are casuals on wifi.

There probably is a similar option on ps5 and pc
Assuming the PC version is akin to Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate in that regard, there is no voice chat outside of private matches.

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
Because this is a sub par release. There's a 10/10 game in here but there's so much content missing it's unnacceptable, especially at this price. Really looking forward to some improvements

This game is tough to play online. Half the games I play are borderline unplayable. They need to make region based matchmaking a thing. Let us set some decent parameters for online like SF6 does.