What's new

Why is there so much QoL missing?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
No Invasion Map.........good luck finding chests you didn´t open the first time you found them and good luck finding those gates you need Scorpions item for.
There is big ass bright green line that literally directs you to anything you’ve missed. Chests, netherrealm gates, etc. It is literally impossible to miss this or get lost

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
On top of this the story mode is like 4 hours long which is kinda pathetic
What does this mean? Are you saying it was too long or too short? I think the fact that a character is locked behind completing it, 4 hrs is way too long. They really need to permanently get rid of the concept of locking characters/assists behind completing certain tasks. As I’ve said a couple times, having characters you need to unlock was a cool concept back in the days where there wasn’t really an offline tournament scene for the games. But now that there is and have been for NRS games for over a decade now, either get rid of that stupid concept or allow tournament mode to have everything unlocked. Because not only do you have to beat a 4 hour or so story mode, you have to play the god awful invasion mode for probably a similar amount of time to unlock all the Kameos. That is ridiculous in the modern era. And it absolutely does not help that the invasion mode is hot boring and annoying garbage. At least in games where you have to grind for something, it’s at least somewhat fun or enjoyable.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There is big ass bright green line that literally directs you to anything you’ve missed. Chests, netherrealm gates, etc. It is literally impossible to miss this or get lost
Well you can teleport to the shop. I had to do that after failing the dumb as fuck boss fight against Kitana like 10 times so I could buy some consumables. Bought the revive ones and the magic resistance on next encounter ones. Also altered my relic and amulet or whatever the hell it is. And I popped the 50% revive one and of course, this time I actually beat her without dying, lol.

Anyway, when I teleported, I had no idea how to get back to the boss fight. As the shop is pretty far away. Also, when you get an ambush on the way back, once you beat the ambush it places you on the spot you were supposed to be going to. But you don’t see the camera rotate like you normally do, which can easily get you turned around especially if it happens at a fork. And all 3 ways had a green line so had no idea where to go, lol. So I can definitely see an upside to either an additional indicator or a map.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
What does this mean? Are you saying it was too long or too short? I think the fact that a character is locked behind completing it, 4 hrs is way too long. They really need to permanently get rid of the concept of locking characters/assists behind completing certain tasks. As I’ve said a couple times, having characters you need to unlock was a cool concept back in the days where there wasn’t really an offline tournament scene for the games. But now that there is and have been for NRS games for over a decade now, either get rid of that stupid concept or allow tournament mode to have everything unlocked. Because not only do you have to beat a 4 hour or so story mode, you have to play the god awful invasion mode for probably a similar amount of time to unlock all the Kameos. That is ridiculous in the modern era. And it absolutely does not help that the invasion mode is hot boring and annoying garbage. At least in games where you have to grind for something, it’s at least somewhat fun or enjoyable.
Too short. Idc about the unlocks either way but I was more just referring to the length of it. In terms of the amount of content you get for how much you're paying. We get a watered down online mode as discussed in this thread. Invasion concensus seems to be it's pretty shit, meh at best. Then we get a 4 hour story which is just really short. In terms of value for money, I think it's a pretty shit deal it feels like a £40 game content wise. Obviously the graphics, gameplay etc are all great, but there's just not much there.

Last edited:
I had to do that after failing the dumb as fuck boss fight against Kitana like 10 times so I could buy some consumables.
This is the boss fight at the end of Fenjuin (SP?) Village, yes? I did that one last night. Didn't realise it was a boss fight and was surprised when she "resurrected" after defeating her. I lost my first attempt as I screwed up the Survival section and didn't understand what was going on for a second. The second attempt I got her. Don't think I used a Talisman, and no Konsumables.

My finace was watching this and she was surprised, and didn't know how she'll beet this when she gets there. I told her about Talisman and Konsumable use to make things easier, so for those items, I think they'll help her out.

It was an annoying fight, though.

Since the Rewards for the Mode don't seem too hot (pun intended based on the theme), I'll play the Mode for fun as I feel, focus on other things otherwise. I just want my dang Story Mode skins!

Too short.
Isn't it the longest Story Mode they've done? I could have sworn the other modern Mortal Kombat Story Modes are about 2-2.5 hours in Cinematic length.

Only an NRS engineer could give you the real answer at the expense of possibly violating an NDA so as an engineer who isn't at NRS but can probably make an ok guess:

• Engine upgrade meant they lost alot of things they got for free before
  • Global pandemic meant they were likely working remotely for much of the development cycle and it is very difficult to adapt to working remote as a Software company if you aren't already used to it.
So they likely prioritized and alot of things got cut till post-release.

Lots of things are missing but there's no evidence of shoddy engineering, I think they just had to work with difficult circumstances and still wanted to get the game out. I'm glad they did. They can smooth out the edges later, I'm glad I have the game now and not in 6 months

molambo

(X ౪ X )
when you really dont want to spend any time in the singleplayer game modes to unlock them you can just purchase the unlock dlc´s ( kameos are 5 bucks, havic and the final stage 8.) or in case of tournament orgs ask warner directly if they give you codes for the dlc so that you dont have to pay money. for everyone else, i dont see any issue with it since the amount of time is very reasonable.

Is there a way to save training mode settings? Or is it just gonna load defaults every time? It's getting tedious having to turn on frame data + unlimited meter/kameo every time I load up. Playing the PC version if it matters. Also still no training while queueing a match in 2023 is lol

colby4898

Is there a way to save training mode settings? Or is it just gonna load defaults every time? It's getting tedious having to turn on frame data + unlimited meter/kameo every time I load up. Playing the PC version if it matters. Also still no training while queueing a match in 2023 is lol
You can do that yes. It's in the menu option somewhere in practise mode

There is an option to save your settings. I'm not in front of the game, but it's one of the first training mode options you can adjust.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This is the boss fight at the end of Fenjuin (SP?) Village, yes? I did that one last night. Didn't realise it was a boss fight and was surprised when she "resurrected" after defeating her. I lost my first attempt as I screwed up the Survival section and didn't understand what was going on for a second. The second attempt I got her. Don't think I used a Talisman, and no Konsumables.

My finace was watching this and she was surprised, and didn't know how she'll beet this when she gets there. I told her about Talisman and Konsumable use to make things easier, so for those items, I think they'll help her out.

It was an annoying fight, though.

Since the Rewards for the Mode don't seem too hot (pun intended based on the theme), I'll play the Mode for fun as I feel, focus on other things otherwise. I just want my dang Story Mode skins!
Yeah, the one where you have to beat her once “normally”, then she resurrects with the stupid magic shit around her that makes you move in slow motion when you’re near her, then once you beat her that time she resurrects again with a magical hyper armor chest plate thing, but before you can fight her, you have to do the dumb as hell mini game where you try to avoid the projectiles. BUT the entire screen is filled with that magic stuff that makes you move in slow motion, so you’re bound to get hit a bunch of times leaving you at less than 50% for her final form which as I said, she now has that hyper armor that you need to hit a certain amount of times to break. WHILE the slow motion magic mist is making all of your attacks slow af. Meanwhile she hits you with a single projectile and it does like 20% damage.

I cannot stand when any game makes the difficulty artificially hard. And that’s NRS’ favorite thing to do in these SP modes for whatever reason. They don’t actually make the AI “smart” where it at least mimics some of the combos actual human players would do. That’s apparently too difficult for NRS. So they instead make it artificially hard to make up for it. Which just makes it annoying, boring, and wildly unfun. They could AT LEAST make it to where there’s some type of patterns to it, but most of it is just random shit flying in from off screen or just appearing from a random portal. And they always seem to magically appear when you’re comboing the enemy.

Anyway, if the Kameos and a bunch of the customizable stuff wasn’t tied to this mode, I would never play it again. Luckily I’m at level 20 and just need to get to lvl 25 in order to have all the Kameos unlocked, as you unlock a new Kameo every 5 levels until lvl 25.

I think they'll patch all of those... also, I already bought everything in the season store and finished the shrine... I didn't think the 2nd one was possible so fast lol...
Now I have a lot of currency for nothing

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
No there is an option for that at the bottom of practice options set frame data to both then look for the keep changes or save changes option as well

Yeah, the one where you have to beat her once “normally”, then she resurrects with the stupid magic shit around her that makes you move in slow motion when you’re near her, then once you beat her that time she resurrects again with a magical hyper armor chest plate thing, but before you can fight her, you have to do the dumb as hell mini game where you try to avoid the projectiles. BUT the entire screen is filled with that magic stuff that makes you move in slow motion, so you’re bound to get hit a bunch of times leaving you at less than 50% for her final form which as I said, she now has that hyper armor that you need to hit a certain amount of times to break. WHILE the slow motion magic mist is making all of your attacks slow af. Meanwhile she hits you with a single projectile and it does like 20% damage.
Yeah, that's the one!

I cannot stand when any game makes the difficulty artificially hard.
Sadly that's a lot of games in a wide variety of genres. I've long despised FPS games that rely on infinite spawning enemies to make a situation challenging, for example.

They don’t actually make the AI “smart” where it at least mimics some of the combos actual human players would do.
I need to toy with Versus AI more, but thus far this seems to be the easiest AI since Mortal Kombat (2011).

Anyway, if the Kameos and a bunch of the customizable stuff wasn’t tied to this mode,
It's not though. I can't speak for Online, but you can level up with Klassic Towers too. No modifiers to worry about.

colby4898

when you really dont want to spend any time in the singleplayer game modes to unlock them you can just purchase the unlock dlc´s ( kameos are 5 bucks, havic and the final stage 8.) or in case of tournament orgs ask warner directly if they give you codes for the dlc so that you dont have to pay money. for everyone else, i dont see any issue with it since the amount of time is very reasonable.
I do think complaining that you have to play the game to unlock things is a bit of a weird one and that tournament organisers should be at the front of NRS/WB mind and not the 99% of casual players... but to each their own

You can do that yes. It's in the menu option somewhere in practise mode
There is an option to save your settings. I'm not in front of the game, but it's one of the first training mode options you can adjust.
No there is an option for that at the bottom of practice options set frame data to both then look for the keep changes or save changes option as well
Got it totally missed that "remember settings" option. Just thought it would do it automatically. Thanks yall

Hello all, as much as love the game so far. There no denying that there is plenty of issues here. You all make excellent points. I believe everyone has the right to criticize especially if u purchased the game. My main concern now is they address these issues soon or have us wait for the eventual gold/ ultimate edition. As of now it is my understanding that they are addressing the switch port.

Hello all, as much as love the game so far. There no denying that there is plenty of issues here. You all make excellent points. I believe everyone has the right to criticize especially if u purchased the game. My main concern now is they address these issues soon or have us wait for the eventual gold/ ultimate edition. As of now it is my understanding that they are addressing the switch port.
I doubt we'll need to wait for a "Komplete Edition." Keep in mind the game formally launched less than 24 hours ago.

Yes and the beta as well.
I'm starting to wonder if the PlayStation 5 version is buggier than the Xbox Series X version. I'm playing the latter and the only bug I've experienced is in 2 separate fights (one in Tutorial and one in Invasions), the audio completely cut out and died. It restored itself when the match was done.

Messed up input listings, buggy Sub-Zero face, etc. I've not experienced at all.