What's new

why is it seen as elitism to want more comic book fans buying this game?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
idk who trashed him, I know for sure I didn't man. Also, it is irrational it's like if I told you I couldn't stand you just for listening to music just because you don't play an instrument. Just because they don't like it for the same reason doesn't mean they can appreciate it. I haven't been trashing him or calling him names, but if you can't why people might react the way they are over what he is saying then I think you are arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'm not saying its a good reason to do itor that they should, but I'm saying I can see how it rubs them the wrong way. Especially here of all places.
I didnt say you trash talking or calling him names. And he didnt say he cant stand to anybody in particular.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This thread is like when you get a republican and a democrat and neither knows what the other is trying to say.

In other words: Comedic Gold

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
We tolerate the comic talk because there isn't much else going on... when the game comes out people will start losing their shit if threads get derailed for any sort of fuckery that isn't a meme directly related to what's on the disk.

Gonna be seeing a lot of LOL SPEED FORCE gifs.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Translation of OP:

I'm a comic book fan and I also play fighting games.
I want other people to also like the same comic books as I do and hopefully they play fighting games as well.
If they don't know jack shit about comics and say something that's inaccurate about a character in a FIGHTING VIDEO GAME it really bothers me.
I am a loner.
I need friends.
Be my friend? (but you must like comics!)

I'm here all night folks.

Responding in this topic at this point is like beating a dead horse, but I just wanted to point out to the topic creator why Injustice won't suffer from the same widespread ignorance as Marvel players display regularly.

1. Marvel features many obscure characters from the comics and some of them haven't been featured in another medium whatsoever before the game.

Injustice's entire roster has appeared in cartoons and live-action shows over and over again. They have brand recognition. Even if you don't know anything about Deathstroke's history, you do know he's a master assassin and an ongoing antagonist to Green Arrow and the Teen Titans.

So while Marvel may be well known for their film productons, DC has done a much better job over the years of exposing the public to their characters on television.

2. Marvel doesn't explain shit about the characters or their motivations.

Injustice has a cinematic story mode that should clear up any lingering ignorance on the part of the players of who these characters are.

Your worrying about a whole lot of nothing.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
More DC comic fans or more fg fans, it just means more players.
And more players typically means more competition, which I endorse completely