What's new

why is it seen as elitism to want more comic book fans buying this game?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
First, those numbers are about what a book sells are off because of illegal downloading.
Illegal downloading doesn't matter because you can't account for it. And I highly doubt if piracy wasn't a problem that sales figures for comics would shoot up to anywhere close to a high enough level to discredit any part of my post.

Second, are those percentages you gave factual or are you just guessing?
Educated guess based on what I've read from content generated en masse by the online public regarding the game. Most of the hype from this game is coming from the global FGC, not the global comic book reader-base. The comic book crowd seems to be largely bitching about things that aren't quite right/how the game is wasted on dumbfucks that don't know the source material.

So this game is geared towards the FGC that watched the cartoons? I don't think so. Let's be real, the majority of the people who are going to pick up this game are going to do so because Batman/Superman/The Joker are on the cover
Yeah... and what? Where do they know those characters from in order to make their ill-informed decision? Movies and cartoon shows, mostly... which rake in at least 5x the audience as comics. Depending on the movie (Dark Knight in Batman and Joker's case) 1,250x the audience. Being generous in figuring that their particular comic sales average 100,000 units (see: lying) and averaging movie ticket prices at 8 dollars (that's somewhat accurate, right? I haven't been to a movie theater in a very long time) so I can divide 1 billion dollars by that to figure that about 125,000,000 people saw that movie.

Shit, 40% of this game's roster might as well have been NRS original characters for all I knew and cared. Seriously, when I first heard about this game back in January, I didn't recognize like half of the characters that were announced/rumored at that point. I looked up their powers & abilities on Wikipedia and classified myself as FUCKING DONE.

As far as I'm concerned, this game is just BlazBlue only everyone looks like those cartoons I was into as a kid rather than super kawaii desu animu and will be actual fun.

Flagg

Noob
Crimson Cobra, to be honest, you are probably going to like Story Mode about a million times better than the competitive aspect of this game.

MK 9 has the best story mode of any fighter to date, so im sure Injustice wont dissapoint you here.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Seriously, I havent read jack shit comics besides Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Dr Fate, Martian Manhunter and Sin City. Am I gonna play the fuck out of this game? Yes. I'm also maining Black Adam even though I don't know shit about him.
He has a dive kick in a game made by NRS. You don't need to know anything else.

He has a dive kick in a game made by NRS. You don't need to know anything else.
lol yeah although I would have liked to have gone the character loyalty route this time around, as I mained Kabal in MK9 because hes my favorite character buuuut he just happened to be OP. lol

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
Crimson Cobra, to be honest, you are probably going to like Story Mode about a million times better than the competitive aspect of this game.

MK 9 has the best story mode of any fighter to date, so im sure Injustice wont dissapoint you here.
Blazblue had a pretty interesting story mode and to be honest i usually get fighting games for the online community it gives me a reason to keep coming back

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
because this is a videogame not a comic book. comic fans may or may not appreciate the deeper mechanics of a fighter. if these people dont already consider themselves fighter players, i assume thats an admission of misunderstanding the fighting game. the comic book reader is one target audience but it is part of the wider initial audience that will play this because BATMAN and stop after two weeks when story mode has dried out. shockingly, it is the fighting game player who will be playing this 3 years from now where the comic fan will have moved on to another fresh story new plot characters realm etc etc. but that is not to say all comic fans are not fighters or can not become fighter players.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i would like everyone to calm down and relax this topic was on the verge of being one gigantic flame war...we sure don't need that so how about we go about this in a civilized manner

i understand comic book readers are a small group but this is a comic book game it's being advertised on many comic book based websites it's gotten the attention of comic book fans easily

if non comic book fans buy the game they must have a reason outside of "It's a fighting game" that would be like gamers buy Call of Duty just because it's a shooting game

there needs to be more than that...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
My sole reason for buying this game is the competitive aspect, I wouldn't care if the characters were stick figures. This game is just another way for me to play other people and beat other people at something. Straight up that's how I see it, another opportunity to win at something.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
My sole reason for buying this game is the competitive aspect, I wouldn't care if the characters were stick figures. This game is just another way for me to play other people and beat other people at something. Straight up that's how I see it, another opportunity to win at something.
No Just no...i wouldn't go that far stick figure fighting would be horrid

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
I mean I enjoy the art and animation and it can certainly make things more fun at times but at the end of the day it really wouldn't matter to me and probably a lot of other competitive players.
Yeah I think it would ruin things for me....I'm open to unique artstyles but if it gets down to stick figure fighting and competitive players accept that without any questions

that's like eating a poop sandwich and not acknowledging that it's poop you just see it as food and nothing else

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Yeah I think it would ruin things for me....I'm open to unique artstyles but if it gets down to stick figure fighting and competitive players accept that without any questions

that's like eating a poop sandwich and not acknowledging that it's poop you just see it as food and nothing else
Not if the game was balanced and awesome for competition, then I would be really excited

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
This thread sucks. As competitive players we look at moves/mechanics in Injustice in terms of gameplay not lore.

When people like GGA 16 Bit try to talk about lore I don't give a shit about I tell them "I don't care" yet that normally will not deter them from continuing to explain what size Wonder Woman's granny panties are or why 1960's Catwoman is the best Catwoman.

I think you'll do well assuming the people here don't care about the lore aspect when talking about Injustice.
LBSH Batman Returns Catwoman is the best.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
the fun aspect and competitive element are all that matter .... anything else is just bullshit

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Good one! Most of the people here are here to talk about gameplay, and strive to get good at the game. Not saying this site is not for everyone, but most users here are competitive.
Players that don't play a fighter mainly for gameplay just play single player, get bopped online, and then quit the game after a short while.
People want to improve their gameplay or know more features about the games, but that doesn't mean they are competitive player, the competitive ones are those who go to tournaments.
If he wants to talk about comics that's cool, but to say you can't stand people who don't and still play this game that's just irrational.
Maybe thats irrational for you but that does not give anybody the right to trash talking him, people should show some respect to others opinions or at least avoid calling names.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
People want to improve their gameplay or know more features about the games, but that doesn't mean they are competitive player, the competitive ones are those who go to tournaments.
Yes, it does. If you're trying to get better at something so that you can win, you're being competitive.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
In that case every player is "competitive" since the moment they invest time to learn the basics of the game, c'mon man.
If they are doing it to beat other players, then yes, they're being competitive.
Competitive: Having a desire to compete or succeed
That's what most of the player's on this forum are here for, c'mon man.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i never said anything bad about anyone i just said i found it annoying whenever someone came into this game not knowing anything about dc comics and then saying things that completely false about them

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I agree with dizzy.So many threads that are about interesting things like gameplay, get flooded with discussions about comicbook or whatever character has the most facial hair, its annoying to have to skip trough all those posts. Besides that alot of threads like this get made, and many of those new members dont show much respect...

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Maybe thats irrational for you but that does not give anybody the right to trash talking him, people should show some respect to others opinions or at least avoid calling names.
idk who trashed him, I know for sure I didn't man. Also, it is irrational it's like if I told you I couldn't stand you just for listening to music just because you don't play an instrument. Just because they don't like it for the same reason doesn't mean they can appreciate it. I haven't been trashing him or calling him names, but if you can't why people might react the way they are over what he is saying then I think you are arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'm not saying its a good reason to do itor that they should, but I'm saying I can see how it rubs them the wrong way. Especially here of all places.