What's new

why is it seen as elitism to want more comic book fans buying this game?

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i just can't stand people who buy games with comic book characters in them and yet whenever you try to mention comic books to them they draw a blank and have a mental malfunction just trying to come up with a response

not trying to say "Oh Comic book fans should be the only ones playing!" but it should be more balanced than say marvel vs capcom where the community looks at you weird if you know anything about marvel and start giving out random facts when someone wonders something about them

maybe it makes me seem like a elitist because i literally facepalm whenever i watch some injustive fan videos with people who have never read a dc comic in their life who keep saying the word "Uh...." several times before actually saying something

sorry if it seems that way...

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
Because it is ultimately a fighting game that happens to have DC characters.

Some people will like it if it's genuinely a solid fighting game and could care less who is in it.

Why is being a comic book fan important to playing this game???
because too many times I've heard someone say something completely stupid about a marvel character in MVC that just wasn't true and it was only said because the person didn't know squat about comic books

if someone makes a bold statement about a character without knowing anything about them....it just annoys me

RYX

BIG PUSHER
because too many times I've heard someone say something completely stupid about a marvel character in MVC that just wasn't true and it was only said because the person didn't know squat about comic books

if someone makes a bold statement about a character without knowing anything about them....it just annoys me
the only bold statements are going to be regarded about gameplay

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
the only bold statements are going to be regarded about gameplay
i rarely if ever hear anyone discuss anything about the gameplay unless it's lagging very badly or they are the type to scream "Cheap" Or "Broken" whenever you start using certain characters like keep away characters

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i rarely if ever hear anyone discuss anything about the gameplay unless it's lagging very badly or they are the type to scream "Cheap" Or "Broken" whenever you start using certain characters like keep away characters
Well, the game's not out yet so it's not like they can do much else, unless you're referring to like the IGN videos in which case it's just hit/miss most of the time

Flagg

Noob
By rights NO ONE should be able to beat Doomsday or Superman in this game, but guess what....there will be a Joker main out there that will be able to beat Superman and Doomsday mains in online battles.

What if Joker turns out to be top tier in this game??

Like I said, im seeing this as a new fighter with cool chracters and thats it.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Are we reading the same forums? I have read alot of posts about nothing but the gameplay for Injustice maybe you should stop looking for just the comic book posts.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
By rights NO ONE should be able to beat Doomsday or Superman in this game, but guess what....there will be a Joker main out there that will be able to beat Superman and Doomsday mains in online battles.

What if Joker turns out to be top tier in this game??

Like I said, im seeing this as a new fighter with cool chracters and thats it.
you could say the same thing about any fighting game(how can someone like Ryu beat somebody like dormammu)but we aren't talking about who should beat who(especially since comic book writers can turn any character into a jobber if the story deems it necessary)

it's about being aware that these characters have rich history and aren't just some randomly thought up characters for a fighting game

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
Are we reading the same forums? I have read alot of posts about nothing but the gameplay for Injustice maybe you should stop looking for just the comic book posts.
I'm speaking of fighting games in general not this message board...before a game's even out gameplay is the only thing you can discuss once it's released anything's fair game

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
So instead of playing a video game that could lead them to reading comics you rather be a D-bag? They can't just like the design of the character?

Sounds to me like you have some insecurity issues....no wonder you're a Crow fan.

Crathen

Death is my business
Some people just buy the game because it's a new fighting game , i barely know shit about any DC character but i'm buying Injustice just for the nice fighting mechanics.

If i happen to talk about a DC character of course i won't know everything about his past comic book adventures because i didn't read them and i actually could care less , sure some tidbits like Deathstroke beating up JL in a comic gives him some coolness in my book but in the end it doesn't have relevance when you're playing the game.

But who knows maybe in the future i'll get bored and search for some comics on the internets and read how Doomsday beat the shit outta Superman.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I'm speaking of fighting games in general not this message board...before a game's even out gameplay is the only thing you can discuss once it's released anything's fair game
yea cause talking about gameplay before you ever get to exp the gameplay sounds sooo legit. DLC characters, Alt Skins, Characters you wanted in the game those are the things you should talk about before release not something you can't even exp yet

Solo

Shadow Priest
You don't need knowledge of comics for a game. If they say something stupid or non canon, correct them.. or not. Doesn't matter to me. From a comic book fan perspective, they will probably look at this game as a filler anyway.

Comics book fans and fighting games fan, NRS is trying to reach out to both groups. It's not a bad thing, eh? Overall, it's still a game. You'll need more knowledge of fighting games than actual comic book knowledge of the characters.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
So instead of playing a video game that could lead them to reading comics you rather be a D-bag? They can't just like the design of the character?

Sounds to me like you have some insecurity issues....no wonder you're a Crow fan.
i like introducing people to comic books i just don't like explaining everything about comic book characters to those that probably don't care one way or another

it's not that I'm some evil dirtbag that just wants comic book fans and comic book fans alone buying this game

i just want the people to have an actual clue about the characters it's always fun and enjoyable to get people to enjoy comic books as much as you do but becoming a living DC Comics google page isn't really that great

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
i like introducing people to comic books i just don't like explaining everything about comic book characters to those that probably don't care one way or another

it's not that I'm some evil dirtbag that just wants comic book fans and comic book fans alone buying this game

i just want the people to have an actual clue about the characters it's always fun and enjoyable to get people to enjoy comic books as much as you do but becoming a living DC Comics google page isn't really that great
There are multiple people on this site that love comics and you will either get people that will or won't want to discuss comics at your level.

How is explaining something you love and are ecstatic about get annoying? Even if they don't care in the end you get to voice something you are passionate about, lots of people in life wish they could be in that position.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
There are multiple people on this site that love comics and you will either get people that will or won't want to discuss comics at your level.
I understand and that's fine but when i hear someone on the mic talking trash about a character he knows nothing about and saying things that aren't true

i feel like opening a can of whoop ass....there's a difference between not knowing anything about dc comics and not knowing about dc comics while just being a dick about it

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I understand and that's fine but when i hear someone on the mic talking trash about a character he knows nothing about and saying things that aren't true

i feel like opening a can of whoop ass....there's a difference between not knowing anything about dc comics and not knowing about dc comics while just being a dick about it
I agree and I feel the same exact way even though I'm not really a comic fan. Just because someone has the confidence to talk doesn't mean they have the intelligence to shut their mouth. Either these people will change or it's best to just move on because they aren't worth the time.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
I agree and I feel the same exact way even though I'm not really a comic fan. Just because someone has the confidence to talk doesn't mean they have the intelligence to shut their mouth. Either these people will change or it's best to just move on because they aren't worth the time.
MVC3 was horrendous with this because it was a crossover game and most of the people came purely for the capcom side....too many times you would have people talking trash about a marvel character only to realize they don't know a single thing about that character

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
MVC3 was horrendous with this because it was a crossover game and most of the people came purely for the capcom side....too many times you would have people talking trash about a marvel character only to realize they don't know a single thing about that character
I thought the shoutcasters for the FGC were there to talk about the FIGHTING GAME aspect of the game not the characters history. I hate when someone is rambling on about non-sense on the stream instead of calling the match we don't care who Spider-man is we are on stream to see and hear about the fighting.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
I thought the shoutcasters for the FGC were there to talk about the FIGHTING GAME aspect of the game not the characters history. I hate when someone is rambling on about non-sense on the stream instead of calling the match we don't care who Spider-man is we are on stream to see and hear about the fighting.
I'm not talking about casters for streams...(why would i be?)I'm talking purely about players that you'd run into not the tournament level players that probably don't give a crap about marvel comics anyways and just pick the characters that are gonna win them the tournament not who they personally like

Every large group of people seems to have a few antagonistic dicks that stick out like a sore thumb but, for the most part, I think the different communities, fighting game community and comic-fan community, have been pretty cool to each other. Everyone ultimately has the same goal in that they just wants to enjoy a fun game.

The fighting game community has generally been pretty welcoming to comic fans b/c they want their own community to grow and thrive. I think most fighting game fans understand there is a large group of people excited about this game because of the DC IP. Comic book discussion is a natural place to go for many people, especially before launch when almost nobody has really gotten there hands on it and there isn't much else to talk about.

The comic fan community has expressed strong opinions on character selection and appearance but for the most part, I don't think I've noticed to many comic fans being terribly antagonistic to the other group either. I read some comic centered message boards some times and they seem to understand there are players out there that just like fighting games and don't give a shit about the comics or character history.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
As a comic fan I have some opinions about the game but I'm mainly hyped. The character history isn't crazy important as it's an alternate universe. However everyone wants to see their favourite make it, the only thing I didn't like was KF, I wanted someone else, but fair is fair and she is in and it's a fighting game.

The fighting game fan in me is pure hype. It looks to be tournament quality (not that I participate) and despite MK similarities i'd say there are more differences, so I am also hype as it seems to be a new breed of fighter.

Have you thought about the inverse of what you're arguing? What about comic fans that know nothin about fighting games but will call for nerfs on a low tier character?

All we do is explain why their wrong. And how to change their mentality.

We don't go "oh god these ignorant bafoons know nothing about fighting games"

Story mode is for the comic guys mostly, watching tourney stres is for the FGC.

If your both? Get over it and either ignore them, or kindly correct them.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
If your both? Get over it and either ignore them, or kindly correct them.
Doesn't really bother me, don't have the time to correct someone when they're kicking my teeth in...

I am a fan of fighting games, but never to the extent of frame data discussions etc. but for this game I am willing to try and learn all that stuff.

For this game, and this game only, I vow not to... y'know... suck.