What's new

Question - Jason Voorhees Why Does Jason Need Nerfs?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
You can throw a six frame poke.

I've had it happen to me on several occasions, and my character has a 6f one.

We have a local Lao that throws after string staggers and he consistently throws my poke attempts.
just means that the poke was pressed after the throw

Throw does not get a hitbox until the 10th frame iirc and a 6 frame poke gets one in 6f

you can beat pokes with throws if you beat them to the punch or you plus

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
There will always be a Shit storm because a lot of people don't realize how bad certain things are. Some characters designs are simply hopeless. I Am not a Jason player and I have learned through 6 pages quite a lot about his design and I have to say that it shouldn't be a personal preference. Imo we have some general rules and Jason shouldn't be outside the general design in certain areas. Character can be strong, super good or whatever You wanna call it but everyone should be able to react to certain things - punish, get out of pokes with price of a bar and so on... At which point Jason is taking risk while committing ? What a about whiff punishing strings ? I may be wrong here but to me that is almost none to existent.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
You can throw a six frame poke.

I've had it happen to me on several occasions, and my character has a 6f one.

We have a local Lao that throws after string staggers and he consistently throws my poke attempts.
You're getting thrown because you're poking late enough, to where his throw, which is 10 frames, will beat your poke. Pokes are not throw immune on this game. You can even throw Cage out of his D4.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Command grab whiff recover should be increased and d1 should be made -5 on block.

I don't know where you're getting 'mid tier' from; Unbreakable Jason is S-/A+ tier material.
jason imho is fine, especially his command grab squeeze being slow makes sense for it to have less recovery, his d1? its good yes, but i don't think its that big of an issue outside of characters that just have completely shit pokes, like tremor.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Yes, player skill can be a factor. I can chalk some of them up to not playing cards right. I did say "can struggle".
I'm trying to highlight Jason's weakness that he can be outzoned/out-footsied despite the armor break and his d1 and yeah some characters listed should be taken off.
"Out footsied" ? You remember Jason has B1 right?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Command grab whiff recover should be increased and d1 should be made -5 on block.

I don't know where you're getting 'mid tier' from; Unbreakable Jason is S-/A+ tier material.
jason imho is fine, especially his command grab squeeze being slow makes sense for it to have less recovery, his d1? its good yes, but i don't think its that big of an issue outside of characters that just have completely shit pokes, like tremor.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
What are you talking about? Of course I've been d+1'd to death. I've also been cloned to death, hat spun to death, tanya'd to death, puggles'd to death, and every other good tactic in the game to death. I'm asking for the concrete evidence that this needs to go besides "well its not fair to my slightly shitier character."
i guess some people dont know how to adapt to different -X's on block, its not hard to counter a -2/-6 move on block. am i right? fuck i get the frustration, but people should not ask for a nerf to something so simple to lab
i get the frustration, but there should be zero request for nerfs to something so fucking simple to counter. i dont even use Jason and hate the matchup, but i would never Nerf cuz something that easy to counter.
I actually can not believe some of these replies to this thread. His D1 is literally a block infinite on 2 or 3 members of the cast and people are saying "just lab it bruh" and it's "easy to counter". Are you really that stupid?

I'm 3 pages in and this is the most disgusted ive ever been on here. TYM im ashamed of you.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I actually can not believe some of these replies to this thread. His D1 is literally a block infinite on 2 or 3 members of the cast and people are saying "just lab it bruh" and it's "easy to counter". Are you really that stupid?

I'm 3 pages in and this is the most disgusted ive ever been on here. TYM im ashamed of you.
You mentioned one of the derpiest posters on TYM so this should be enough ;)

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast

Add invincible salads to this list. As of now these three are the dumbest posters on TYM

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
I don't base my opinion on what other people say I base it on what I see.
Besides, Fox and Saltface are the only ones I have heard mention that Jason can contest with her. That doesn't mean he wins the match up.
It's not a counter pick but it is a pick that stops a Mileena from playing in the typical brain dead pattern you are all used to seeing. If she does Jason will kill her free. Also I use Slasher vs Piercing. Jason will win a projectile war (9% Mid vs 6% Sai) or (15 Armored Machete Toss vs 6% Sai), a 9 frame true mid which rivals the space of B1,2, since it's a true mid it beats Roll so she can't roll under his normals, high damage, safe 50/50s, he never has to guess on teleport/sai on block, good walk speed, 20% Unbreakable anti-air with Ex Choke...etc etc.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
It's not a counter pick but it is a pick that stops a Mileena from playing in the typical brain dead pattern you are all used to seeing. If she does Jason will kill her free. Also I use Slasher vs Piercing. Jason will win a projectile war (9% Mid vs 6% Sai) or (15 Armored Machete Toss vs 6% Sai), a 9 frame true mid which rivals the space of B1,2, since it's a true mid it beats Roll so she can't roll under his normals, high damage, safe 50/50s, he never has to guess on teleport/sai on block, good walk speed, 20% Unbreakable anti-air with Ex Choke...etc etc.
Just when I think Saltface can't get any cooler, he uses Slasher against mileena. I also do this for the exact same reasons and you using it makes me feel good about myself

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I wouldn't say Jason is a true counter pick to Mileena he just doesn't have to put up with her bullshit the way other characters have to. imo Mileena is really to well rounded to have any real losing matchups except maybe acidic but I think Jason is one of the better characters to deal with her.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

The ignore list is your friend.
Nice and quick.

As soon as I read "Jason having a block infinite on Tremor is not Jason's fault" the guy got dunked in my ignore list.

Skedar70

Noob
Yup this is my opinion also. Slasher can contest with her and make it a 5-5. But there are people here saying that the MU is favorable for Jason when using unstoppable which I don't think it is.

What are you using to punish her teleport/sai on block in order not to guess? B122? D2? I usually duck and use b3u1 but if they don't do the sai at times they just land and I'm late for the punish so its a guess for me :(.

Wigy

There it is...
he can basically play d1 as half his game, you try counterpoke he can walk back and whiff punish, you wana stand and block, he has a tiny recovery command grab etc

i mean every character has dirt and shit just a bit stupid from a design standpoint to have pseudo blockstrings from pokes.

not that i have any really issue with the character, hes just a bit stupid on paper. i play jc and he seems to absolutely bop him.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Shinnok is a better example of a good d1 then kotal. Kotal d1 is just as bad as JASONS just about.
Fuck no. His d1 is terrible. I shouldn't have to get punished for poking especially not in this game. Make it -6 FFS

As a Sonya player, Jason has always been a really fun matchup. IMHO I don't see how he needs any nerfs. The d1 thing can be a little annoying but almost every character in the cast gets one or two annoying quirks. It's never been a game changer for me.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Can we seriously have logic in here for a second? Nobody is saying KILL JASON (impossible he always comes back anyways) or AHHH MAKE HIM WORSE THAN UNBREAKABLE.

To the people downplaying the D1. If you honestly think characters that don't have fast enough pokes to get out of this is okay then idk what to say to you.

So let's say Jason has you in the corner. Backdash? Can't. Poke back? Too slow. ARMOR??? First of all. "Spend a bar to get out of my poking spam" lmao. Do you realize how absurd that sounds? Oh and what if they don't have meter? What if armor breaking is activated?

You know what else you need to take into consideration? Let's say you're tremor. You're just holding all these D1's expecting more right? Oh well too bad. Jason just went into free pressure with B1 (or whatever string you use in slasher) OR EVEN BETTER!! D1 TICK THROW. Awesome.

Let me go back to my backdash point actually. Listen to how dumb this sounds. Just listen. "Backdash to get out of my pokes" LMAO. You know there's this thing called stamina in the game. Backdash drains half your stamina. It's an important resource in this game. Run combos, cancels, mobility, you need FULL STAMINA TO BREAK!!

Make the D1 -4 or 5. Jesus lol
I am just reading now. Can people jump out? Nj/Fj or Bj?