What's new

Question - Jason Voorhees Why Does Jason Need Nerfs?

Skedar70

Noob
No he can camp with his buffs forcing her to come in. Safe advancing normals, no need to jump on her. And he got nice safe advancong armour if he reads sai he can eat it and hit her. I've seen saltface and foxy counterpicked with unstoppable quite a bit.
Wrong, she easily beats him out with sais. Mileena can full combo punish the heal buff from full screen. Her low sai low profiles BF3 if you try to get in with that. He kind of has somthings to try but the MU is actually in Mileenas favor.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
No he can camp with his buffs forcing her to come in. Safe advancing normals, no need to jump on her. And he got nice safe advancong armour if he reads sai he can eat it and hit her. I've seen saltface and foxy counterpicked with unstoppable quite a bit.
With the speed and recovery on that sai, how is he supposed to get his heal buff up without taking a 6% (?) sai to the face and then avoid more chip from low sai? Doesn't mileena's ball roll punish b122 (-8) for free? I don't see this MU being that simple tbh

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I don't mind something being good.

d1 is literally a block infinite on Liu and tremor. At that point it's not good, it's broke.
No one is going to win a match doing d1 over and over.

Also, you mean to tell me that neither one of those characters can backdash or time a throw to throw the poke?

In MKX, you can throw poke attempts if timed correctly. Tremor has an extended throw range.

Can you provide video proof of this block infinite that can't be armored/backdashed/thrown?

Rude

Wrong, she easily beats him out with sais. Mileena can full combo punish the heal buff from full screen. Her low sai low profiles BF3 if you try to get in with that. He kind of has somthings to try but the MU is actually in Mileenas favor.
You are not using Telekick on reaction to heal buff from full screen.

Also, you don't have to use armor on Saia. Just block and walk. The chip won't kill you and he has a great walk speed for that.

Skedar70

Noob
d1 maybe should be a little more negative on block but it should be more plus than Kotals since it doesn´t have the reach. The command grab should stay the same since its slower than most command grabs and you can read for it if you know the MU and which commands he is able to tick from. I don´t think anything else should be touched.

With the speed and recovery on that sai, how is he supposed to get his heal buff up without taking a 6% (?) sai to the face and then avoid more chip from low sai? Doesn't mileena's ball roll punish b122 (-8) for free? I don't see this MU being that simple tbh
Haha no mu vs mileena is simple. But Jason has more tools to pull that w! And no matter who you're playing getting a buff is always the challenge be it mileena or even the worst tier... He can get the buff on no problem. He only needs 1 hit and he got the normals to match hers.
Edit: No mileena does not punish b122 lol!

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob
You are not using Telekick on reaction to heal buff from full screen.

Also, you don't have to use armor on Saia. Just block and walk. The chip won't kill you and he has a great walk speed for that.
Sure you can do all that (its not like he doesn't have options) but she is still in control of the match. Its not favorable in any sense. You have to hold all that zoning until you are able to get in. She even low profiles your foward advancing mids with regular roll for full combo.

Sure you can do all that (its not like he doesn't have options) but she is still in control of the match. Its not favorable in any sense. You have to hold all that zoning until you are able to get in. She even low profiles your foward advancing mids with regular roll for full combo.
Zoning is weak in mk. Sais don't scare Jason. He eats sais for breakfast.

Rude

Blocking negligible sai chip doesn't seem all that bad. Again: Low sais won't kill you.

So you mean to tell me she's risking a full combo to attempt to blow profile something when you could just block? She low profiles b3 as well?

Skedar70

Noob
Blocking negligible sai chip doesn't seem all that bad. Again: Low sais won't kill you.

So you mean to tell me she's risking a full combo to attempt to blow profile something when you could just block? She low profiles b3 as well?
B3 doesn't have the reach of B12. She low profiles B12 which is one of the things Jason might use when he is within reach but yes she can easily low profile this and punish your attempt with roll this can probably be done on reaction. Good luck trying to bait this against a good Mileena player. This MU is in Mileenas favor she has more options than Jason.

B3 doesn't have the reach of B12. She low profiles B12 which is one of the things Jason might use when he is within reach but yes she can easily low profile this and punish your attempt with roll this can probably be done on reaction. Good luck trying to bait this against a good Mileena player. This MU is in Mileenas favor she has more options than Jason.
Some notable players think its in jason's favor though. Mileena is counter picked alot by Jason. But we can agree to disagree.