What's new

Why do YOU quit battles?

CUKO28

Noob
LMAO! Hells yeah dookie. If i see one of those cards at my Met Food supermarket bulletin boards id do a few flips my self.....lol. That would be hilarious.

I'll usually leave for the following reasons:

1. Takes forever to pick character, or takes forever to continue
2. Jax multi GP.. If you can't win on your own merit and you have to resort to this glitch, gtfo.
3. Liu's multi-bike kick. See #2.

I'll tolerate scorp's double-spear, but it's also very lame.

Tim Static

Adminerator

2. Jax multi GP.. If you can't win on your own merit and you have to resort to this glitch, gtfo.

You might as well not play the game at all.

Sissy.

X820

Noob

Why's Scorpion's "double-spear" lame? It's not like it takes lots of energy away or anything..

Anywayz..

When I drop a game is if it's unplayable because of lag, nothing else really..

I can't see what all the whining is about in this thread anyway..

Turtles, sweeping blablabla..

"YOU WEAK PATHETIC FOOL!"

Tim Static

Adminerator
I hope you're being sarcastic.
Not. at. All.

The vast majority of players can't do it
Fixed.

I don't see why competitive players feel like they need to use it.

I just see it as a glitch that should be fixed.
How do you know it wasnt put in on purpose?

Its in the game, so either play it or dont. Either way, complaining about it makes you sound awfully bad at this game.

Its in the game, so either play it or dont. Either way, complaining about it makes you sound awfully bad at this game.
eh, if you want to question my skill at the game, I'm pretty sure there's only one way to settle it. ;) No need for pointless trash-talking.

In any case, I don't complain about it that often, but I just mentioned it here to answer the original question.

I hope you're being sarcastic. The vast majority of players don't use it, and I don't see why competitive players feel like they need to use it.

it's what makes us competitive, we know how to utilize advanced tactics.. it's advanced tactics like these that elevate the gameplay to higher altitudes. it's the noobs that can't adapt to new tactics that are complaining about "glitches," top players know how to MGP and also know how to adjust their style to combat it..
if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen

dvdcsn

Noob
I hope you're being sarcastic. The vast majority of players don't use it, and I don't see why competitive players feel like they need to use it.

First off...it's not a glitch. It's in mk3, umk3, mkT as well (AKA EVERY SINGLE MK GAME where a move's execution is soley dependent on the charge of a button)

Secondly...good players will prevail regardless of that shit

i just left thejoker since he kept doing friendships. for some reason that get's to me. i don't like that it does but as soon as i can tell they're not fighting to the fullest of they're capabilies it bothers me. people fight extremely cheaply when they're trying to do friendships/babalities and it just rubs me the wrong way.

i just left thejoker since he kept doing friendships. for some reason that get's to me. i don't like that it does but as soon as i can tell they're not fighting to the fullest of they're capabilies it bothers me. people fight extremely cheaply when they're trying to do friendships/babalities and it just rubs me the wrong way.
Agreed

wazz

Noob
COUGH ' richbru27 and nayric' COUGH

Xman98

Noob
Hi all! New member and commenter here. At the risk of getting lampooned by the more advanced players, I'll say this. I usually quit when any or all of the following are true:

(1) I'm really tired and just have to go to bed (I ususally play late at nights)
(2) The lagging is really bad (if it's not too bad I'll go a couple of rounds)
(3) My opponent sends me hatemail during the fight
(4) I get invited to join a fight with a buddy

I DO NOT leave when any or all of the following are true although I sometimes consider it:

(5) My opponent's entire fighting strategy is spamming (non-stop projectiles with Kang or Mileena--I don't do well against spammers).
(6) My opponent entire fighting strategy is to embarass or frustrate me (e.g. non-stop babalities)
(7) My opponent is clearly a beginner (i.e. can't block, can't execute special moves, etc.)

Xman98

Noob
Hey dookie, I thought about joining it but I figured since I was new I should probably sit this one out. Count me in if the regulars have already taken a spot--by the way, I'm sure there is a list of rules somewhere for how to do this thing. Can you point me too it?

Thanks

quitting

I purposely make ppl quit i go all out to make a person quit. I think its funny when ppl quit if they can't hang then go pratice some more.

I mean it only takes me 10 20 secs of the first round to know if the person is on my level. Only then will i try to make them quit if i feel they r no comp.

I have so many more annoying attacks besides the videos i came up wit its ridiculous. If my cheap annoying attacks work on you then you r not good keep practicing.

HAYRON

Noob
I never quit mid-match unless the connection just drops (i.e. the other person drops.)

I'll stop between matches if:
1. The wife says it's time to. Call me whipped or whatever, but as the guys with g/f's or wives here can tell you. If momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

2. I get a friend invite to another match/game

3. connection is terribly laggy. I'll play in some lag, but if you're getting priorty on repeated crossover kicks just because of lag, and counters aren't working, I'm out. I especially hate when moves, specifically charge moves, don't come out because of lag.

4. I'll quit after a few matches if I'm playing unskilled opponents like some of the contributors to this thread.
Example:
And if you used the same fighting style as me then i wouldnt have quit on you now would i.
This is one of the dumbest statements in the thread. I don't know how many times people drop on me when they go to some tactic and I mimic it and beat them with it. People get mad and quit because they can't beat that tactic, so they use it because they don't believe that other people can beat it either.

This happened just the other night to me. Some idiot got destroyed in the first round, barely beat me in the second round when he went to a constantly jumping tactic with cyber smoke on UMK3, and then I wiped him out by doing the same thing back to him in the third round. He quit as my last hit fell, cussed me out, and then kicked me out. I tried to get back into the room, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it.

All-in-all, I've got to say there is some pretty stupid stuff being said in this thread. I can see quitting mid-match sometimes for extreme lag, but most of these other excuses are pathetic. You'll never get any better if you don't play people who can beat you, no matter what their tactics are.

There is something you have to understand....most people don't play everyday on this like you guys do. Of course you are gonna blow people away, you just have that experience with natural talent.
I'll admit, I played Yungnicca last week and he blew me away 4 straight. I left because Yung was too good for my skill level. There is definitely different tier levels of players.
Yung, next time i stumble upon your name online I will hang for alot longer. The only way to get better is to practice against some of the best.

HAYRON

Noob
There is something you have to understand....most people don't play everyday on this like you guys do. Of course you are gonna blow people away, you just have that experience with natural talent.
I'll admit, I played Yungnicca last week and he blew me away 4 straight. I left because Yung was too good for my skill level. There is definitely different tier levels of players.
Yung, next time i stumble upon your name online I will hang for alot longer. The only way to get better is to practice against some of the best.
Yeah, but there's a big difference between saying good game and then leaving between matches, and talking trash and leaving in the middle of a beating. Kudos to you for playing against people better than you.