What's new

Why do YOU quit battles?

We didn't leave on bad terms, in fact I think Yungnicca was getting bored of me. We exchanged emails afterwards and I pretty much explained that I haven't been playing in a long time and really haven't visited umk.com
Basically, Yungnicca putting in his jabs about "What would UMK.com people think" made me realize I really need to step it up and start practicing more. Thanks for being inspirational Yung, now I am going to try practicing more and stepping up my game.

Xman98

Noob
When I stumble across an advanced player I passionately pray that they won't get bored with me--especially if the person is a good sport! My philosophy is to hang in there for as long as they will. I remember playing Real_Talk once for example. It was just fascinating to see that level of expertise. I just don't see how someone can get the skills without constantly playing another better than he.

Tim Static

Adminerator
3. connection is terribly laggy. I'll play in some lag, but if you're getting priorty on repeated crossover kicks just because of lag, and counters aren't working, I'm out. I especially hate when moves, specifically charge moves, don't come out because of lag.
Man, when I had to play my UMK3 league matches with LilLoco, his lag was so profoundly retarded, I just held block, didnt try to jump or anything, JUST BLOCK, and he basically run-jabbed and autocomboed me until my energy bar depleted.

The lag was SO FUCKING BAD it didnt register the fact I was holding down block the ENTIRE TIME.

That kid a fucking joke and his cracker jack connection is worthless.

Sorry kind off topic...but I hate throwing away matches or basically giving the other person wins because of technical shit like that :mad:

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
If I ever quit nowadays, it's right in the middle of performing Raiden's explosion, or if I knock someone off the pit. Right as they hit the pavement, I bounce

Actually, I only do this with a couple people. Specifically GameGeek :)

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

If I ever quit nowadays, it's right in the middle of performing Raiden's explosion, or if I knock someone off the pit. Right as they hit the pavement, I bounce

Actually, I only do this with a couple people. Specifically GameGeek :)
Ok so could you explain yesterday why you quit after taking a streak and then left after one win.

WTF type shit is that bro like your first time beating me and you leave

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Ok so could you explain yesterday why you quit after taking a streak and then left after one win.

WTF type shit is that bro like your first time beating me and you leave
Dude, YOU stalled on the initial screen and wouldnt type anything in. I'm not just gonna sit there forever like you're doing the InfiniteFreeze

Dude, YOU stalled on the initial screen and wouldnt type anything in. I'm not just gonna sit there forever like you're doing the InfiniteFreeze
Wow ok i stalled GET THE FUCK OUTTA here what was that maybe 2 3 secs then you was out wtf you quit on purpose dude. I was typin you a message b4 i could even finish the fucking subject you was out

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
When I stumble across an advanced player I passionately pray that they won't get bored with me--especially if the person is a good sport! My philosophy is to hang in there for as long as they will. I remember playing Real_Talk once for example. It was just fascinating to see that level of expertise. I just don't see how someone can get the skills without constantly playing another better than he.
That's kinda what I do. When I come across someone extremely better than me (latest was DeezNutz), I let them beat up on me until they get tired. I really don't like to quit in that type of situation because for one, I have respect for their superior skill, and two, I like to stay and try and win at least once.

dvdcsn

Noob
I usually quit out right as I'm getting streaked :(

or when someone throws me. I can't fucking stand people who throw.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Throwing is part of the game. I think the only people who hate throws are the ones who get thrown.

dvdcsn

Noob
Stinkin' typed word doesn't catch tone.
Maybe not, but when you consider that all people who've played me extensively know that I definitely will never quit out when I'm getting thrown or streaked (the group in which my comment was aimed...which consists of almost all of umk's mk2 forum regulars), you'll realize that my comment was pretty damn facetious.

If the lag is unplayable i'll leave and i will leave if someone infinite freezes me for longer than 15 secs roughly (i don't see the point in waiting around when I just want to be playin').

Oh and i'll leave when food is ready :D

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
I only quit when I'm ready to quit. Even if I'm losing bad over and over or getting spammed, etc. it's still good practice.