What's new

Why do Fatalities Anger You?

danymort

You will obey
What makes me salty is the other guy doing a fatality after the first win and leaving, without leaving the chance of changing char, maybe I just want to test a new one and played like shit but if I see the guy at good level I want to change to my main.
Brutalities I find more elegant to finish.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Because we've seem them all a million times already. I always imagine someone who fatalities every time they win to be a chubby 13-year-old boy going "OHHHHH", alone, in his room, eating chicken tendies

fatalitys in moderns nrs games are not the same they were in old mk games. they were hard to execute, you had limited time and they took like 3 seconds. also modern games have a shitton of loading. why add more unnecessary loading? last but not least they are not taunts anymore, because nrs decided that some skins cost hearts and fatalitys are the only way to get them. seriously what the fuck? who thought watching the same cutscene over and over would be fun? reggie said something so simple and yet so many developers seem to ignore it "if it's not fun why bother?" . right now the fatality system is not fun and i loved them in older games.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
If you really think about it, it's not the fatality.

Because nobody just does a fatality.

They only do it at the end of a set, if they win, so they can run away afterwards and have no risk.
I have never seen anybody do a fatality at the first match and then rematch.

They are afraid to do it first, because you might get angry and beat them and do it to them afterwards.
So they just wait to see if they win, then do it quickly and run away.

So it's not the fatality but the attitude of hit and run that makes people mad.
They don't want the hearts. If they would have wanted the hearts they would do it at each win consistently.
They just want to quickly piss on you to prove they're superior without having any risk of repercussion.

Literally 90% of the people in ranked insta Optionsbutton->quit match at the end of the set to aviod being stuck in the fatality animation.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
My answers pretty simple. If I've seen your fatality a thousand times, it gets old. I understand the grind for hearts but do that in Towers of Time. Can you imagine running a marathon set with a good player but everytime he beats you he does a fatality? Fatalities take forever and your trying to learn the MU, not soak up how many times someone can RIP you apart after a win. It's a waste of time

Literally 90% of the people in ranked insta Optionsbutton->quit match at the end of the set to aviod being stuck in the fatality animation.
That's me...i'll give the other guy the first two fatalities even though it shits me. But that last match FINISH HIM!>QUIT

Vagrant

Noob
I always told myself it was because it was a waste of time.

The truth is that it's probably just the "nah nah nah na boo boo" aspect of them after just losing that makes me and so many other people angry. I read a post on here recently by someone that went like "Really, you can't chill for a sec while they run your meat through the blender?" and it stuck with me. In the grand scheme of things, they're right. And if you're so salty that you can't handle a fatal, then you're too salty to play at a high level and need to hit the lab for a few and de salt. This isn't always easy to do and Im still guilty of quitting in the middle of fatal cut scene from salt overload but I'm done using the "waste of time" excuse for me not being able to keep my composure.

It's really just a lame waste of people's time. Now, I get that they won and earned the right to be lame and waste people's time if that's what they want to do, but it doesn't change the fact that those who go and fatality after every match are lame people who waste other people's time.

It's not even annoying. I just get sad for them.

What actually irks me more as a time waster is when they do a Fatal Blow at the Finish Him screen.

Like everyone else mentioned, it is a true time waster. As a casual player and a father to a Toddler, my free time is way too far and few.

I think I'm ready for Samurai Showdown now.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I don’t get why people take it so personally. It’s Mortal Kombat. I’ve always enjoyed the Fatalities.

Sometimes it can feel very satisfying if you’re in a long set against someone you just can’t beat, then you finally overcome them and win... doing a fatality here always adds to triumph and stress release. It also gives you a quick breather.

Now, as much as I love them, I don’t do them every match. But I noticed casuals do. And I don’t mind it at all. I’ve never once felt “disrespected” by someone playing the game as it was meant to be played.

Now if someone does the dumbass “teabagging” thing... that is disrespectful, and I’m done. I’m not wasting time against a little piece of shit like that.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I actually get more annoyed when people skip the intros, than when they do Fatalities.

I just like watching all of the content in a game. All of it.

trufenix

bye felicia
anti-fatalities, but would happily watch the same b&bs and pressure strings in top 8 for the last 6 hours of any tournament.

trufenix

bye felicia
I actually get more annoyed when people skip the intros, than when they do Fatalities.

I just like watching all of the content in a game. All of it.
you should only be able to skip intros and win poses you've already seen during the set, and only the winner should be allowed.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yep, it was about 3 seconds to do it, if you messed up then try again next time buddy.

None of this try once, twice, move forward, backward, jump up, swap sides, try again....DUN DUN DUN...

And that's what i like about the brutalities, they're quick and to the point.
I 100% agree that you should only get a few seconds to do a Fatality. Granted the reason it was like that in the older arcade games is so you put more money in to do the fatalities. If you messed it up, you paid more money to try it again, lol. There was no messing up and having time to try it again, you really only had one shot.

The getting teabagged for 10 seconds into a 30 second fatality is for sure annoying and time consuming.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I get mildly annoyed by Fatalities because they do waste time, but 's not really something that makes me "rage" so to speak. I lost, the opponent has every right to do whatever Finisher they want to or not.
People asking for Fatalities to be removed, to be relegated to single-player only, etc., is just so pathetic. Like really? Do you need someone to hold your hand after a loss and tell you everything's gonna be alright too? Literally just don't lose if you hate seeing Fatalities so much. Either that or find a selected group of players to play with, ones who you know won't Fatality you after the match.

Reactions: Zgf

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Fatalities are a klassic trademark from MK series , that will always be in the game, no matter what, due how they work as huge advertising propaganda for the game franchise ....

however, would be cool if they worked only to single player mode, local 1P VS 2P mode and against CPU AI .... and for online, in casual and ranked mode, not, they could be out