What's new

Why are there so few Wonder Woman players online??

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
That is irrelevant as far as like a tier list goes. Yes he is certainly easier to play, but at the highest possible level for both characters, who really has more tools?
I think Superman does still tbh. although I will always be partial to WoWo, I feel like the one thing she has better is her 33 up close starter.

Kals corner game used to be better in terms of damage, but I think WoWos corner game might be better overall now I guess too. Other than that I feel like Superman has more tools overall to death with the entire cast overall.

But Superman is SO fucking boring and braindead to play so he can suck it, WoWo 4Ever

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Her wide variety of tools is both a gift and a curse. On one side, she has tons of options for a large amount of situations. On the other hand, you have to know what tools are best in each specific situation, instead of having one overarching set of tools like, say, green lantern. Kind of like skarlet in mk9. I believe though that if someone works her to her limit, she has some of the largest potential in the game. She's also one of the hardest matchups to learn because you have to learn options against a lot more tools than other characters.
Agreed. I do feel like not many people using WoWo online gives us a BIG advantage on top of what you just listed. Theres so much you have to learn about her so you're right its hard to play against her because she has so much.

Whenever I whip out the Sword and Shield I can see people go like "uhhhh uh-oh, wtf is going on" and they constantly run into my bash or lemme d1 them until the end of time, or dont get the jumping arc and hitbox of a ji2 or even ji1 which is like Batmans ji2.

You can go full goddess mode on people online with her too, switching it up all over the place, ending combos with a d3, then a f3 crossover, or switch to sword and ji2 over their head when they are getting up and if it hits theres 49% gone 1 bar. If up close jump OVER them, then dash back to where u jumped from and that will almost ALWAYS get them if its the first time. Ji1 33 if you time it fast is so hard to block at first, and I like to train them with a ji1 or 2 then 33, then when they block low [which most do now anyway] hit em with a b23... or a mbf3. Or if they try to hit you out with a d1 after your ji1 or 2 just do your own d12 mb tiarra goddess of death chain. So much fun stuff with her.

Dont remember what I was going on about, anyways. WoWo <3

DarkPage

Noob
Agreed. I do feel like not many people using WoWo online gives us a BIG advantage on top of what you just listed. Theres so much you have to learn about her so you're right its hard to play against her because she has so much.

Whenever I whip out the Sword and Shield I can see people go like "uhhhh uh-oh, wtf is going on" and they constantly run into my bash or lemme d1 them until the end of time, or dont get the jumping arc and hitbox of a ji2 or even ji1 which is like Batmans ji2.

You can go full goddess mode on people online with her too, switching it up all over the place, ending combos with a d3, then a f3 crossover, or switch to sword and ji2 over their head when they are getting up and if it hits theres 49% gone 1 bar. If up close jump OVER them, then dash back to where u jumped from and that will almost ALWAYS get them if its the first time. Ji1 33 if you time it fast is so hard to block at first, and I like to train them with a ji1 or 2 then 33, then when they block low [which most do now anyway] hit em with a b23... or a mbf3. Or if they try to hit you out with a d1 after your ji1 or 2 just do your own d12 mb tiarra goddess of death chain. So much fun stuff with her.

Dont remember what I was going on about, anyways. WoWo <3
dude ive been playing Wonderwoman for waht feels like forever, and have never taken advantage of SS. I have no idea when to use that thing.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
dude ive been playing Wonderwoman for waht feels like forever, and have never taken advantage of SS. I have no idea when to use that thing.
Lol I'm sort of with you on that one, I totally underuse it I'm sure... but idk man, the Lasso stance is SO good. Only when you kick their ass with Lasso stance and get a life lead do I, or most im sure, switch to SS stance to turtle... but its like if youre kicking their ass so bad, why not just keep pouring it on with that sexy golden lasso?!

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Lol I'm sort of with you on that one, I totally underuse it I'm sure... but idk man, the Lasso stance is SO good. Only when you kick their ass with Lasso stance and get a life lead do I, or most im sure, switch to SS stance to turtle... but its like if youre kicking their ass so bad, why not just keep pouring it on with that sexy golden lasso?!

I also use it to switch people up when they're blocking my frame traps really well. Most people are thrown off by the range of shield toss.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
IMO she loses to Martian Manhunter for sure...there are a couple other characters that give her a handfull.
MMU I agree is her worst. Other than that, GL and Aquaman are 5-5s, a good batman is 5-5. And Superman is just stupid.

So really, just MMU imho is a losing matchup.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't think MMH is that bad at all.

My main problem is aquaman

everyone else.... with F0xy's help and tech.... i've found ways around them.

DarkPage

Noob
Green Lantern is a big problem for me, especially when there really spacing out that lift right and making good reads. minigun is annoying.
and Green Arrow is just my own personal bad match up, Idk I must just mentally lose everytime. lol cause apparently its one of her good match ups.
Sinestro can be a pain sometimes. but not a big deal. Martian can be bad if there good with his zoning with the orbs and those over head bolts.
I honestly never felt that bad about aquaman, maybe ive never played that good of one.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Green Lantern is a big problem for me, especially when there really spacing out that lift right and making good reads. minigun is annoying.
and Green Arrow is just my own personal bad match up, Idk I must just mentally lose everytime. lol cause apparently its one of her good match ups.
Sinestro can be a pain sometimes. but not a big deal. Martian can be bad if there good with his zoning with the orbs and those over head bolts.
I honestly never felt that bad about aquaman, maybe ive never played that good of one.
GL is a motherfucker sometimes. You really cant hop around in the air and do all her air moves like WoWo is so good against almost everyone else, and his footslide is just stupid. You can try to d12 MB tiara toss after his first footslide butttt its strict timing and online if you miss its like 39% death.

GL is my personal worst matchup.

Arrow USED to be tough, but just keep jumping over his wakeup attacks, or anticipating his little slide forward or dashshot backwards and jump air dash those and land on him for death. If he has an ice arrow up dont go around jumping though at any kind of distance.

DarkPage

Noob
GL is a motherfucker sometimes. You really cant hop around in the air and do all her air moves like WoWo is so good against almost everyone else, and his footslide is just stupid. You can try to d12 MB tiara toss after his first footslide butttt its strict timing and online if you miss its like 39% death.

Arrow USED to be tough, but just keep jumping over his wakeup attacks, or anticipating his little slide forward or dashshot backwards and jump air dash those and land on him for death. If he has an ice arrow up dont go around jumping though at any kind of distance.
dude the funny thing is that i have the most match up experience against arrow than any other character, and like i know how to beat em, but like my subconscious just wont let me lol, maybe i was abused by an archer in a past life or something.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
The problem is that she's does have quite a few bad mu's

Name them?

GL, Aquaman, Batman, MMH, SM, GA, nor sinestro, not lobo, not cat woman (I've seen on their boards they believe so), not any cast member. So if you're going to name one, I do expect a reason why.

For the GL MU if you guys block low and anticipate the lifts, you'll catch him once. And remember Wonder Woman only needs 1 hit for a combo that 4-way resets the situation again.

For the MMH MU, the only real threatening things to keep you in check are teleport and trait. If you walk forward during his OH teleport you can punish it hard (and no one really tries to use the other unsafe version, so it's good for a couple of tries). Wait out his trait and use IADG when he's approaching (or d12). You'll see that MMH isn't that scary at all when you're patient.

For batman, d3, push block bats, the end.

Aquamarine is a tough guy but his wake ups are absolutely terrible. Get one knockdown (or d3) and hit the offensive hard. Mix everything up. Nothing should happen twice in a row without a purpose. From mid screen you can punish a lot with IADG at varying heights.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
WW has always been better than Superman.
Superman can't hurt anybody if they just hold down.
WoWo has options for EVERYTHING.
Right. Because holding down was all anyone had to ever to do body Superman.

You should have told people that around EVO.

I know I never thought of it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

SS solves GL

You can get in his face on blocked Lifts with SB.
You can parry his two moves after b1.

If you get him in the corner with SS he's dead. D1 and b2's for days.

I used to think the same. Then i switched. Usually switching stances is the answer to her "bad" Mu's.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
SS solves GL

You can get in his face on blocked Lifts with SB.
You can parry his two moves after b1.

If you get him in the corner with SS he's dead. D1 and b2's for days.

I used to think the same. Then i switched. Usually switching stances is the answer to her "bad" Mu's.
Wait can you parry his moves in lasso stance too after his b1?????

Yeah everyone says SS solves GL, I need to be more patient with him.

dude the funny thing is that i have the most match up experience against arrow than any other character, and like i know how to beat em, but like my subconscious just wont let me lol, maybe i was abused by an archer in a past life or something.
Lol man I know what you mean, thats me and GL. I KNOW how to beat him but Im just so ARGHHH DIE LANTERN DIEEEEEE that I mess myself up and get in my own way.

Life, it's funny sometimes nay?