What's new

Why are there so few Wonder Woman players online??

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I so RARELY see Wonder Woman online, and given how good she is [top 7, maybe top 5 maybe 3] it seems really weird. Anyone know why?

I don't think she's like so super hard to use compared to other characters that it keeps people from using her, or is that just because I've used her enough to be comfortable with her. Is she just an unpopular character in general? Surely shes more popular than other characters that are used more often. So why ey?

Or am I crazy and you all see lots of WoWos online.

RM_Gamer

Noob
same here. i think people dont want to deal with the zoning. and unlike other characters that have some safe, braindead advancing move to get in. she actually has to put some effort. until u get you're opponent in the corner :p then its game over

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
for the same reasons that you don't see that many flash players. she requires work, you have to learn the character. she doesn't any bullshit to rely on. no full screen brain dead zoning. I rarely find wondy players, but when I do they are a nightmare.

R4DI04CTIV878

Home Skillet
I don't like playing her because I don't like the way she plays tbh. I think that's how most people feel about her if not than I'm just going to assume that she's too hard to play as and people don't want to really learn a hard character. I'm not sure.

DarkPage

Noob
Because as much as she's good she's gotta play match ups and make reads to get in. she relies on fundamentals more right from the start, and she doesn't have any go to spam able moves, except maybe b2 but you still gotta get your spacing right

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I don't like playing her because I don't like the way she plays tbh. I think that's how most people feel about her if not than I'm just going to assume that she's too hard to play as and people don't want to really learn a hard character. I'm not sure.
I cant make up in my mind if I think WoWo was easier to learn than AM or not, and I see tons of AMs.

I might just be so familiar with WonWom right now that shes just 2nd nature and it seems like I always knew her, I just cant even remember learning her... but I remember spending a lot of time on AM to learn how to use him properly.

Anyone else remember if it was harder learning WondWoma than other mains?

Because as much as she's good she's gotta play match ups and make reads to get in. she relies on fundamentals more right from the start, and she doesn't have any go to spam able moves, except maybe b2 but you still gotta get your spacing right
True, she really doesnt have any bullshit you can cheese people with.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Because in a game filled with characters such as Batman, Superman, Bane, Green Arrow, and Flash, a woman with star-spangled spanks doesn't really make people want to main her. Her character doesn't really seem "cool" to the general public at this point, and because of that, she's flying under the radar.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Because in a game filled with characters such as Batman, Superman, Bane, Green Arrow, and Flash, a woman with star-spangled spanks doesn't really make people want to main her. Her character doesn't really seem "cool" to the general public at this point, and because of that, she's flying under the radar.

Her "coolness" factor doesn't come into play much. I believe it's just her play style. WW fan base is huge, rivaling that of superman and batman (yes that means beating out bane green arrow and flash) but the way she plays in this game is odd. I played WW in the demo and found it kind of choppy (granted I didn't know much, but neither do most ppl when they pick her up).

All in all, I believe only players who can IADG almost all the time will stick with her :p

People hardly play characters that you have to work with to get in on zoners.

Even Wonder Woman who has a good dash, and good walkspeed.

Same reason you hardly see any Lex players. God forbid you have to let them fire 3 or 4 projectiles before you've dashed in to close range.

But thems the breaks.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Her "coolness" factor doesn't come into play much. I believe it's just her play style. WW fan base is huge, rivaling that of superman and batman (yes that means beating out bane green arrow and flash) but the way she plays in this game is odd. I played WW in the demo and found it kind of choppy (granted I didn't know much, but neither do most ppl when they pick her up).

All in all, I believe only players who can IADG almost all the time will stick with her :p
It totally plays a factor, at least in the general sense. She's not very spammable so it's absolutely a playstyle thing as well, but she also doesn't really have any media of her own out right now besides the comics. Meanwhile, the rest of the Justice League is getting feature length films and TV shows.

I just think if she was more "out there" we'd be seeing more of her online, at least until people found a more abusable character. And I'm simply talking casuals here, not pros.

RIF

Noob
Because she's boring and dry as hell to watch?

Why would I want to be WW when I can be Black Adam, Shazaam, or Batman?

(Note: I don't play any of the aforementioned characters, but I am simply making a point)

Playing with WW is like having sex with a nun with no curves. Sure, you'll bust your nut, but you won't have that much fun doing it.

I cant think of a reason why? She isnt as hard as some other characters to me and she is probably the most popular dc female with catwoman and batgirl close behind in popularity imo. And dont listen to RIF. Shes tons of fun. It must be the playstyle.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Maybe a combination of the stance swap, some bad skins, who knows. No doubt she's top tier but I guess she just fell through the cracks of the other characters. Personally she's too straightforward brawler for me. Though I do use her from time to time, I prefer joker, Harley and KF

pherleece

Woolay
I play wowo but if its laggy at the selection screen I'll use someone else. And I dont think she boring to play. I'm actually a wowo fan before the game came out

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I don't know about Xbox, but I do encounter my fair share on PSN, though they're still in training XD I'd love to get games in with anyone

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
She is a great character, i loved her since i was a child :) Also i love everything about her in this game. That's why she is my secondary, she was supposed to be my main, but when i tested Hawkgirl it fell apart lol <3 I love WW she is so much fun to use and to fight against :)

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Probably because Wonder Woman is kind "bland" compared to like Nightwing for example. Nightwing is just a cooler character to play, nahhh meannnn.