What's new

Why are there so few Wonder Woman players online??

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Imo Wowo is now better than superman.... She has spacing tools like he has with b2, a great corner game like him, plus the 50 50s, and the frame traps, and iadg. And thats just lasso stance.
Eh maybe. I still see shitty players get destroyed then they pick Clark all of a sudden they are about 3 times as good as they were.

Superman is still stupid.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
i used to play her a lot online...then i started playing batgirl. never looked back.

DarkPage

Noob
Imo Wowo is now better than superman.... She has spacing tools like he has with b2, a great corner game like him, plus the 50 50s, and the frame traps, and iadg. And thats just lasso stance.
Your opinion. I personally think Superman is easier to use, way more effective from long range with his zoning, and he doesnt have to chase any one. and still ignores armor with his trait. I'd say wonder woman corner game is def better tho.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
WW has always been better than Superman.
Superman can't hurt anybody if they just hold down.
WoWo has options for EVERYTHING.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
gtfo! there is noway that nightwing is cooler than Wonder Woman,he along with green arrow are possibly the cheesiest characters in the game. ww is cool on the basis that she has the best quotes in the game 'face it ur done' and 'misguided fool' are awesome things to say.
You're right. Its must be her face or something.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
gtfo! there is noway that nightwing is cooler than Wonder Woman,he along with green arrow are possibly the cheesiest characters in the game. ww is cool on the basis that she has the best quotes in the game 'face it ur done' and 'misguided fool' are awesome things to say.
She loses points for having the lamest clash quote in her Regime costume.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
Mash D3, see what happens.
F23 never hit her out of her D3.
That leaves him to either jump at you, or run away and shoot lasers.
When in doubt against Superman, mash the D3 out, unless you block his F3s/B3s.
That's one of my favorite match ups...
I usually do this block string:
b11 ~ b1 ~ 33/b113 -- Shield Stance ~ Amazon Bash
If they block that I stay low and poke with d1 to open up 223 and b2-low/overhead mix ups...
Back dash... stay in footsie range and Amazon Bash/Delay Amazon Bash...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
That's one of my favorite match ups...
I usually do this block string:
b11 ~ b1 ~ 33/b113 -- Shield Stance ~ Amazon Bash
If they block that I stay low and poke with d1 to open up 223 and b2-low/overhead mix ups...
Back dash... stay in footsie range and Amazon Bash/Delay Amazon Bash...
Everything you do there can be interupted by Supermans F23.

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I picked her up and dropped her, I started out and immediately hated her movements and moves in whip stance, liked her in shield, got good in shield stance, went back learned more in whip stance, but in matches I couldn't mesh the 2 together and she seemed much more viable in whip stance which I didn't like, I just eventually got sick of her

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Which one?
Seconded, I gotta know this. There are a ton of shitty clash quotes, but I never fight WW's so I wouldn't know lol

As for the OP: I would play WW but then I already play a ton of Solomon Money SHAZAAAAM and Flex Luthor, and outside of that I still plan on learning to be a Lobro and also picking up Scorpion for my family and clan. Just not enough time and effort to play everyone

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Just to be clear, b113~4, shield bash is airtight unless there's a 5-frame normal I'm unaware of. Superman's super passes right through it and as long as you cancel right away, it cannot be interrupted. Then of course you can EX the shield bash for frame advantage/safety.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Eh maybe. I still see shitty players get destroyed then they pick Clark all of a sudden they are about 3 times as good as they were.

Superman is still stupid.
That is irrelevant as far as like a tier list goes. Yes he is certainly easier to play, but at the highest possible level for both characters, who really has more tools?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
all those comments make me think we are talking about Subzero..

same here. i think people dont want to deal with the zoning. and unlike other characters that have some safe, braindead advancing move to get in. she actually has to put some effort. until u get you're opponent in the corner :p then its game over
because she isn't a Zoner and lag friendly

but she's not hard at all
hell even this one

She looks like a man, that is why.

RM_Gamer

Noob
another thing its like she's fighting against the game's mechanics. back dash away from her pressure, MB f3/b3, 6f combo starters if u just keep pressuring with b1. and then add the tools some characters have to deal with her up close. its a struggle until u reach the corner

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The one mechanic that she doesn't have.... they EVERYONE else has is that her tools to deal with people are all different.

She doesn't have one over arching tool to deal with every situation.

That means more lab time, more work, and no one wants to do that (myself included).

The instant gratification factor just doesn't happen with her at a high level. Unless you know the MU and know exactly what tools to use.... you'll be lost and predictable.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Her wide variety of tools is both a gift and a curse. On one side, she has tons of options for a large amount of situations. On the other hand, you have to know what tools are best in each specific situation, instead of having one overarching set of tools like, say, green lantern. Kind of like skarlet in mk9. I believe though that if someone works her to her limit, she has some of the largest potential in the game. She's also one of the hardest matchups to learn because you have to learn options against a lot more tools than other characters.