What's new

Question Why are all GL players hated?

He is one of the balanced characters on the game, it's just that the people I play can't get pass his lows and many know that can lead it massive combos and resets. I guess they find that annoying to be caught in. Also YES! It is fun to play against people who jump like crazy.

joemabob

Noob
cause people are scrubs n cry cause they dont kno how to block in this game lol gl lantern might is good but if u dont jump u shouldnt ever get caught with it unless done in combo... mk89 ermac has 2 air lifts
... but people learned how to beat key thing is DONT DO DUMB RANDOM JUMPS!

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I think its because on a large scale most of the GL players play him exactly the same.
Some people say hes scrubby because hes too easy to learn, other people hate his reset gimmicks.
I dont know...hes definetly beatable so people shoudnt bitch.

chores

bad at things
you get:
one of the best specials in the game in LM
b1
j1
f3
good projectiles

for the price of:
horrible mobility
horrible wakeup options

so really to play him well you have to be careful what situations youre putting yourself in, cause he cant black adam backdash or something similar

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
They ragemail you because you're winning with a SCRUBBY CHARACTER while they're playing one of Injustice's superduperultrahighexecution characters like Batman and Superman.

They're also just mad 'cause they ain't got no swag sticker homies in their win poses.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i rarely get hatemail and i main GL, i mean i can see why lanterns might is annoying but imo there are worse moves like ravens soul crush. its nice to be able to get a full combo possibly followed by a reset just for 1 jump but GL probably has the worst mobility no wake up moves and is screwed against full screen zoning. all in all he's not difficult to pick up (but neither are Aquaman Superman or Batman) so i guess people see him as a scrub character. and gotta love b1

B13. That's why. It's the worst thing next to F23. Idk about getting good with him. I mean, can you get "good" with Superman?

I will spit on your tomb!

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
b13 and his lift (as said before) is obnoxious.

I don't rage, but I get hella salty vs GL. I dunno why, maybe because he's easy to pick up. His N52 costume makes me even salty-er.

I hate the way I have to fight him. Getting close to him is like sticking your head in a beartrap. Online matches often end up in Duck hunt mode as a lot of players run away full screen, turtle and wait for you to jump in.

When i fight Green Lantern i just back off and move a slight forward then back up, as a aquaman user, i just trait and block, they are used to back 1, 3 and ring grab, after you block that just punish. Try not to jump, just walk or dash and block, try to play defensively.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
cause people are scrubs n cry cause they dont kno how to block in this game lol gl lantern might is good but if u dont jump u shouldnt ever get caught with it unless done in combo... mk89 ermac has 2 air lifts
... but people learned how to beat key thing is DONT DO DUMB RANDOM JUMPS!
When he has the trait on they basically combined both ermacs lifts with the crazy range and combo starting ability. Mk9 Ermac had to be in at least mid screen or closer for his combo starter, his other one did like 10% which isn't going to cost you the match, unlike 3/4 lift into a 30% combo into a reset. He's not broken or OP, GL doesn't have to work nearly as hard as Ermac ever did.

joemabob

Noob
When he has the trait on they basically combined both ermacs lifts with the crazy range and combo starting ability. Mk9 Ermac had to be in at least mid screen or closer for his combo starter, his other one did like 10% which isn't going to cost you the match, unlike 3/4 lift into a 30% combo into a reset. He's not broken or OP, GL doesn't have to work nearly as hard as Ermac ever did.
trueeeeee^ hahaha he doesnt hve to work to hard gl is so good top 5 in y opinion

If people send you hate mail for doing a 5k plus combo with Carl clover or litchi in blazblue, they will send you tons of hate in injustice for winning with g.l. after playing those two characters I thought I deserved an execution break and picked up g.l is it wrong of me to want to play an easy to pick up character in an extremely easy to pick up game, all the characters are pretty noobish, that is what makes it fun. BTW I think I do use the noobtube ring a little better than most :)

I never get hate mail, the only mail i get is GG, awesome Aquaman, but when i do get hate mail, i read it slowly and take it as a complement :D

TheRFG

Noob
I feel like lantern is like Ermac from MK9. Most people hate his lifts, and he gave me that same impression when I first saw his play stile. I will say he's better than Ermac, and still fun to play. BTW if you are getting hate mail, it's because they don't know the matchup, and are probably poor players. I get a lot of hate mail playing him or batgirl (hate mail claiming she's broken). Play on though, let the mail come

zak123

XBL: Phish Head PSN: zak123
I played a guy who spammed Lanterns Might while was stuck in the corner with Harley.
That shit was a nightmare ._.
Got out of it but holy hell this guy was trying to win by all means possible

You can punish lanterns might from any range with harley. If you're close enough, b22, if you're not in range for b22, just raw tantrum as a reversal, hit's him at any range.

1) He's a popular character. Even though he's pretty well balanced, people generally don't like seeing the same character over and over and over, and they'll often assume the reason so many people choose to play him is he's overpowered or something- even though that isn't the case.

2) He destroys jumpers. I mean, people shouldn't be jumping as much as they do online, but the lack of decent AA in the game almost makes it a shock to the system when you go against GL and find it's easier than ever to get grabbed out of the air.

3) His combos are long. His damage is scaled so they don't add up to too much even on his biggest ones, but dam. Once your caught in Lantern's Might, might as well put down the controller, go make a cup of coffee, catch up on the news, then return to the game once the combo is almost over. Even in game's I've won against Lanterns, I'm pretty sure the majority of it was spent with me being helplessly tossed around after a Lantern's Might connects....

Wigy

There it is...
You can spam those missles and get a full combo pretty much full screen, and his combo starter that slide tackle thing is crazy good and very spamable. YOLO ring is annoying too.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
You can punish lanterns might from any range with harley. If you're close enough, b22, if you're not in range for b22, just raw tantrum as a reversal, hit's him at any range.
I havent used her so much at the time so I didnt know that.
Thats some good info to have. I need to go look at the match up chart.