What's new

Question Why are all GL players hated?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I see the same ass GL combos ALL the time.
Its like Batman Superman and GL only need one combo and you master them ._.

Everytime i fight a Green Lantern they always choose "Joker's Asylum" whats with that level and green lantern players?

187x

Noob
his biggest downfall is his mobility, he's slow as dirt. His ghetto resets are all techable. You can wakeup from the f3/b13 gimicks, and is all just a guessing game noting is guarantee. His b1 is interruptable if some of you don't know that. His damage isn't that great it scales alot.

he has great spacing control indeed

GL is fine

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I certainly don't "hate" the players...but yes, I absolutley loathe playing good GL's. He can zone, has amazing footsies, that damn B1, reset/vortex, can control the air and that stupid ass ring/lift move. He is top 5 EASILY.

Because most people spam that sons-a-bitching Lantern's Might , that move is broken !!!!!
Also I once fought someone on XBL who did LM 12 times in row I was there just blocking them it was ridiculus he was in the perfect range to do all his ''yolo stuff'' and he was just trolling me. 12 TIMES

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
They hate me cause they ain't me, I haven't used GL on ranked in a while cause everyone's free when I use him.

ZalliX

Noob
I see the same ass GL combos ALL the time.
Its like Batman Superman and GL only need one combo and you master them ._.
^ I don't enjoy playing agaisnt GL because he has any moves, but they're so effective, and used in most situations. His Low Slide move is one of the most annoying moves in the game because it will hit you even though the animation is no where close to you. Very mindless.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Lol i used to hate LM but i picked him up, learned how people approach situations with him and now i body him free. But yeah at first he seems cheap as hell with LM and b1's range.

Gotta love those defensive Lanterns tho!:D

Mt Mutombo

Banned
I certainly don't "hate" the players...but yes, I absolutley loathe playing good GL's. He can zone, has amazing footsies, that damn B1, reset/vortex, can control the air and that stupid ass ring/lift move. He is top 5 EASILY.
Yes, definitely.... he's better than Batman, WW, Supes, Black Adam, Aquaman, KF and Batgirl.

Just cause he's good against your main doesn't mean he's top 5. His reset/vortex is ass, other than that i agree with your post

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
^ I don't enjoy playing agaisnt GL because he has any moves, but they're so effective, and used in most situations. His Low Slide move is one of the most annoying moves in the game because it will hit you even though the animation is no where close to you. Very mindless.
Thats true. Ive been hit low on wakeup when I seen it coming. Problem was my character was in hitstun for some reason when I was blocking low :\

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Ever since I picked up GL I've been receiving hate-mail from players online and my XBL friends don't want to play me when I'm GL. I pretty good with him yet I still receive hate-mail. I feel like this is a problem with all good GLs and I want to know why. What's your thoughts TYM?
I pretty much only play him online so I know what you're talking about. Lift pisses people off because they're bad at spacing and footsies so they just wanna jump in. His combos are easy enough that they're possible online so people get pissed that they're getting combo'd. And a lot of people try to duck air rocket and get pissed that they're taking it to the face.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Yes, definitely.... he's better than Batman, WW, Supes, Black Adam, Aquaman, KF and Batgirl.

Just cause he's good against your main doesn't mean he's top 5. His reset/vortex is ass, other than that i agree with your post
I never mentioned him "being better than my main", regardless of mains...his tools are still top notch. I stand by my assessment.

Espio

Kokomo
I like fighting Green Lantern players, really helps with my spacing and reads and he has awesome clash dialogue with Hawkgirl.

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
You wanna see real hate then pick up supes. I feel more hated than lebron james :(
I co-main both. The hate levels I get are fulfilling, enjoyable and quite frankly delightful. My favourite comic book characters are 2 of the best characters in the game. As far as I'm concerned hate mail away, I'll be raking up wins in the meantime

Lol while it is debatable whether or not g.l is top 5, he does very well against black adam, and does fine against batman and ww and kf. 3 bad matchups, two being arguable in supes and aqua man is not bad at all.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
green lanterns b13 xx gatling gun > super mans f23 xx breath

low starter that can be hit confirmed into a combo easily which leads into an ambiguous cross up/50-50. If he pushes you out with gatling gun you eat a good amount of chip and are now at that mid range where jump is threatened by lift and approaching from the ground might get you scooped off of your feet.

I honestly believe GL is better than superman.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
green lanterns b13 xx gatling gun > super mans f23 xx breath

I honestly believe GL is better than superman.
Lantern is less consistent less well rounded than supes. Superman has tools to deal with everything and great speed to match, allowing him to play any character in almost any way he sees fit.

Lantern gets straight bodied by some characters because he has to chase them down and he's so fucking slow. Conversely he bodies some characters simply because they have no answer for air rocket

b13 chain gun is not as good as f23 breath because tit for tat they are almost exactly the same except one is -8 and the other 0, not to mention that superman has the speed to make you do a painful guess if you want to try and get away. After a blocked chain gun any character with an advancing string gets free pressure.

Not to mention when people start being able to back dash the string (which will happen because its his only option on the ground) life in the corps will be much harder. F23 breath has no weakness at all

BigC

I'm great in my world.
I think its cause the FGC remembers Green Lantern of MKvsDC.

All that salt.