What's new

"Who's Next?" What does it mean? Discuss!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Lets see...MK9 endings had:

Havik
King Jerrod possessed Ermac
Shinnok
God Liu Kang
Bo Rai Cho
Fujin
Cyber Shao Kahn (lol)
Kano 2.0 controlling armies
Werewolf Nightwolf
Kabal 2.0
Lin Kuei leader Sektor

Maybe a few other weird things.

Can't believe after reading through this thread no one thought of this yet...well here's my theory on the "who's next?" Slogan.

Liu Kang: Villian/New Fire God?

Liu Kang is in fact not dead, nearly killed by Raiden, everything that he believed in and entrusted in as the former champion of Mortal Kombat was thrown out the window after he was thought to be betrayed by the god of thunder, he followed and believed in raidens teachings, until he begun to notice everyone he cared about was dying all because of Raidens weird visions, towards the end of MK9 Liu seen Raiden as a mad man, and the reason for his death along with kitana and others...my theory is Kang will return and his main target will be to kill Raiden, and anyone who stands in his way will be targeted as well.

Who's Next?:

Well all these years Liu Kang was regarded as the champion of Mortal Kombat, but seeing to the recent events unfolding in MK9 Liu Kang has gone rogue, so a new champion will have to come forth and take his spot. A majority of the cast was killed off towards the end of MK9, So this gives NRS good room to work with for introducing new, as well as former characters to the series, something that I'm pretty excited for. We have gone almost 2 decades with the same faces returning to the series, its time for a change...time for a new generation of Mortal Kombat!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Can't believe after reading through this thread no one thought of this yet...well here's my theory on the "who's next?" Slogan.

Liu Kang is in fact not dead, nearly killed by Raiden, everything that he believed in and entrusted in as the former champion of Mortal Kombat was thrown out the window after he was thought to be betrayed by the god of thunder, he followed and believed in raidens teachings, until he begun to notice everyone he cared about was dying all because of Raidens weird visions, towards the end of MK9 Liu seen Raiden as a mad man, and the reason for his death along with kitana and others...my theory is Kang will return and his main target will be to kill Raiden, and anyone who stands in his way will be targeted as well.

Who's Next?:

Well all these years Liu Kang was regarded as the champion of Mortal Kombat, but seeing to the recent events unfolding in MK9 Liu Kang has gone rogue, so a new champion will have to come forth and take his spot. A majority of the cast was killed off towards the end of MK9, So this gives NRS good room to work with for introducing new, as well as former characters to the series, something that I'm pretty excited for. We have gone almost 2 decades with the same faces returning to the series, its time for a change...time for a new generation of Mortal Kombat!
I really REALLY dig this potential plot. If this is how it plays out I wonder if they'll keep the Shang ending and have us actually rooting for him to drop Liu Kang into a grave. Wouldn't that mean Outworld gains Earthrealm if Shang succeeds and uses Bo Rai Cho's teachings to defeat the threat of God Liu Kang? Wouldn't that entail folks possibly backing Shinnok instead so we dont lose the realm?

Lots of twists and potential in that. I dig it. Speaking of dig....Tremor needs to come in. I forgot to mention him since he was in the tower and not any endings.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
"Who's next?"

=

Who's going to be the next OP character people bitch about to get nerfed in the latest installment of Mortal Kombat?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26

Who's Next?:

this theory makes sense...