What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Blowups? I wasn't even 100% he'd be in since they've avoided putting him in twice already. This is partially expected. Rain fans on the other hand, ohohohohohohohoho

God no. That's a bit of a generalization to make. We didn't ask for KP2, we asked for specific characters but knew they'd come in the form of KP2. If it were all MK characters I'd be happy because at least it'd show they remember what the game's about. I'm done with the game because I have no reason to continue playing, my favourite character is not going to be included and I will therefore not be able to play him. I don't enjoy playing anyone else the way I would playing Fujin and as much as I love MK in general it's just a slap in the face to me that they'd put in Bo Rai Cho of all characters and whoever Leatherface is over beloved fan favourite MK characters like, say, Noob or Fujin or Shang Tsung or something.

Oh look guys! Rude quoted me for having a different opinion to show his salt at the fact my opinion differs from his! Who would've guessed he'd do that? :) Maybe one day you'll actually grow as a person and move past petty grudges about nothing like I have :) I'm done with playing the game competitively, not the site. Calm your obsessive tits.

Nope. Completely done with MK competitively. I mean I'll still be on the site and I'll still lurk and post but I'm done playing the game competitively. I have nothing left to look forward to and no reason to continue playing. May as well go outside and fail to get a girlfriend instead :DOGE

So you don't know what jokes are either, huh?

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
Are people really so salty? Come on, be happy NRS is still supporting the game! We're getting 4 new characters guys!! I'm hype lol
They SHOULD be supporting the game, it's not even a year old yet! People are not going to accept just any bullshit just because they are adding content. It's not like they are giving us these characters for free... Could they not have given us characters we actually wanted? Yeah people wanted Bo' Rai Cho, but he was at the bottom of the list.

Yak

Noob
Glad the tri-borg is in it.
I'm okay with alien in it.
Couldn't care much for bo rai chu.
Definitely don't care about leather face at all.
Was kind of hoping for either rain, skarlett, sareena, shang tsung, or frost. or at least a better guest character, like any comic book character, street fighter, gears of war, or anything pretty much.
I hope they do another pack or something like people have mentioned before, a story pack.
Oh well , I'm just happy they still give a shit about their game. Hopefully I won't just see non stop Tanya in tournaments soon. So boring to watch/play/play against , at least in my opinion.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
At first I thought it was a bad move to wait this long before announcing the characters, but now I think it was a good thing.
Remember, X is the neXt gen. of fighters, which means more guests for each new installment :DOGE
You got it all wrong, friend. The "X" stands for "cross."

This is Mortal Kombat X WB. They just omitted the WB part so people wouldn't get MK vs DC flashbacks an not buy the game.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
They SHOULD be supporting the game, it's not even a year old yet! People are not going to accept just any bullshit just because they are adding content. It's not like they are giving us these characters for free... Could they not have given us characters we actually wanted? Yeah people wanted Bo' Rai Cho, but he was at the bottom of the list.
Alien and bo rai cho were highly requested, as well as the cyborgs.

Leatherface came out of nowhere, but IMO he fits mk more than alien or predator do.

They didn't wanna rehash story mode characters. Which it seems like people wanted them to do. Imagine that from the outside looking in, buying characters u can fight against in story mode. Sure I wanted rain just as much as anyone else, but I'm satisfied with the decisions.

Im actually pissed.. Im okay with Cyrborg, Boraicho but the 2 others.. who gives a shit really! I want actual MK characters back ! Wheres Rain, Fujin, Frost, Baraka, Noob, Kabal anyone but these 2!!!
if only they would've cared about mk fans they would've done that but $$$ is much more important (even tho im sure they got much more then they ever could wish for, but gread doesnt have any limits)

Matix218

Get over here!
I wonder if the Triple Cyborg Character will have the same normals for all variations with just changing to SeKtor, Cyrax or Smoke's special moves or if they will have a whole bunch of variation specific strings to make Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke all feel more like their own unique character. I'm hoping it's the latter.

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
Alien and bo rai cho were highly requested, as well as the cyborgs.

Leatherface came out of nowhere, but IMO he fits mk more than alien or predator do.

They didn't wanna rehash story mode characters. Which it seems like people wanted them to do. Imagine that from the outside looking in, buying characters u can fight against in story mode. Sure I wanted rain just as much as anyone else, but I'm satisfied with the decisions.
I kind of expected Bo' Rai Cho, a guest character (Spawn? What happened with that guy?) and a couple of popular MK characters. But they mashed up Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke, mashed up Xenomorph/Baraka... I just feel they could have done way better.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
The alien looks so sick. Not only is he the fucking xenomorph but he is the best version of baraka we have seen. Leatherface can eat a dick i hope he is jason tier. What can his variations be? Chansaw? More chansaw? Saw of chain? The cyborg looks orgasmic i wonder if he is canon that would be cool... And bo... Just why?
Lol'd at saw of chain

Is this even a Mortal Kombat game anymore?
nope money grap it is
if they ever wanted to add any of these guest characters it would be much better to add it free instead of taking slot of original casts, first those new comers then 4 guest characters
mkx has worst character selection of entire series

Matix218

Get over here!
I kind of expected Bo' Rai Cho, a guest character (Spawn? What happened with that guy?) and a couple of popular MK characters. But they mashed up Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke, mashed up Xenomorph/Baraka... I just feel they could have done way better.
So do you think that Baraka is actually going to be a playable variation for Alien or is he just part of Alien's intro?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Here is something I don't understand though:

Why are people pissed about the way the Xenomorph looks?

If I remember canon correctly, Xenomorphs take on traits of whatever creature they hatch out of.

He looks basically the way they look, he just has Baraka arms because his host was Baraka.

I'm not sure I see what the problem is.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think you are going to get many of Baraka's classic moves with Alien, perhaps even a variation specifically based around him with some Xenomorph tweaks.

I seriously hope KP2 fails. I've even started a thread on TRMK asking people to pledge to boycott KP2. This is a Category 5 insult to the very people who made Ed Boon rich for the last 23 years. From fansites to social media, we as a fanbase have made it clear that we wanted ALL returning MK characters for this one. Fujin, Sindel, Li Mei, Frost, Noob Saibot, Rain, Havik...all had major support, and THIS is what we get? Fuck KP2.

Here's a video of our reactions to KP2 trailer. let us know what you guys thought we personally cant wait besides Bo' Rai Cho... Fuck Bo' Rai Cho!!!!