What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
A lot of people here might be upset but the casuals are going crazy on youtube. NRS is going to get exactly what they want from this. If you guys are lucky you might be getting that strictly story characters pack, or not so lucky a third combat pack with 2 more guests.

1).. who ever posted this has no sense of style.. putting the reveal in the title is kinda a dick move.. just saying... @aieches Though "Tri-Borg" made me think there was a Star Trek inclusion! lol

2) There was talk of the 3 in one cybers... I honestly thought it was bull, but I have to say that is super awesome. I am really hyped for that. Dose anyone know if it is Cyber Zero or Smoke? Either way there is no way around the fact that this alone will probably be the most loved edition of the old guard. In pretty much every thread I have seen about new fighters, the Cybers get a strong mention form all involved in the chat. i expect many MK fans are currently fist pumping the air and woohooo'ing in happiness.

3) The Alien.. was a no brainier. I am actually anti-guest... but having a fighting game with Predator would be just such a missed opportunity if the Alien was not in it. It was almost a "must include". Also, on a side note, I have often wanted MK to spread into supernatural monsters a little more. I mean we have had a few Vamps and Demons or w/e... but I really like the idea of a more "animal" type fighter. This could lead to other types of cool monsters in the future.

4) Go Go Bo Rai Cho!!! This is probably the one I am excited for the most. I can understand peoples having some reservation about it, but I really hope they pull back the crazy stuff from his last appearance. That being said, a fighter aint a fighter with out a drunken master. The drunken fighting stance thing is a staple of martial arts films, really really good ones, as well as a common aspect in all fighting games.. so it is such great news to me that MK is finally getting its drink on. This is just a mega win on all levels and I hope I can gel with it as I really want to rock this one in comps, as they always look so cool. The tone of MKx should mean his kinda stupid side will be pulled back (I hope) leaving just the fact he is a drunken master, which is all awesome.

5) Leatherface... this is defiantly the most "meh" thing in the reveal. Guest characters can just fook off. The MK lore is so rich, that there is a list as long as my arm of actual legit MK characters that people are dying to see. Alien I can give a pass for as the combo with Predator is to legit to pass up... still we all are in agreement I think.. we just wanted legit official MK ones. I would have even prefered a "brand new" MK character or one that has never been playable.. like they did with The Blood Bitch - Scarlet... (man that character was just cool to the bone!). In my mind this is a totally wasted slot.

6) Who did I personally want? Well I wanted Alien (which I got) / Bo Rai Cho (which I got) / Sareena / The last slot was up in the air. I would have loved Scarlet again or Sindel, but knew that would never happen so ended up voting for Meat. I thought he would have been a cool fun edition and not something you could have in the serious game so perfect for DLC. So I got 2 out of my wants... can not complain about that!

All in all great stuff NRS... very cool pack and I just can not wait for it.. release it NOW!!

Also start planning KP3 right now. We will all buy it, even the people bitching in this thread are going ot buy 2... lets not make us wait for so long between packs next time! Still 8/10... awesome stuff!!!

RemainSolid

It don’t always be like it is... but it do.
Got that Lin Kuei pack like I wanted. No Noob unfortunately, but it is what it is.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
MKX has been uninstalled, looks like I'm going back to Injustice til SFV comes out. Playing Raven is so comfy. Probably forgot all her BNBs.

Nice wide stages, plenty of relevant DLC characters, I miss it already tbh fam.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
They should just announce the skin packs. If I like them enough I'll do the math and see if I'll bother with KP2, if not I'll just get XenoBaraka and Triborg

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I wonder if the Triple Cyborg Character will have the same normals for all variations with just changing to SeKtor, Cyrax or Smoke's special moves or if they will have a whole bunch of variation specific strings to make Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke all feel more like their own unique character. I'm hoping it's the latter.
we should take bets on which will be the only viable one. Chances are the normals will only complement 1 of the variations

Matix218

Get over here!
we should take bets on which will be the only viable one. Chances are the normals will only complement 1 of the variations
Yeah that's what I am worried about. I am sure that if he has universal normals/strings they will only be complimented best by 1 of the cyborg's special moves which means one will just be flat out the best variation to use. That is even more of a reason why I hope they give variation specific normals and strings to the cyborgs (or at least a few that help compliment how their speicals work)... We shall see how it pans out.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
interesting point... do you think that the Alien will have Baraka's influence as he "birthed" it?
Oh absolutely, it's got Baraka's iconic blades for starters and it's teeth are more Tarkatan than Xenomorph. We will probably see one variation dedicated to Baraka's style ala Kitana's Mournful and Triborg's literal gimmick.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
1).. who ever posted this has no sense of style.. putting the reveal in the title is kinda a dick move.. just saying... @aieches Though "Tri-Borg" made me think there was a Star Trek inclusion! lol

2) There was talk of the 3 in one cybers... I honestly thought it was bull, but I have to say that is super awesome. I am really hyped for that. Dose anyone know if it is Cyber Zero or Smoke? Either way there is no way around the fact that this alone will probably be the most loved edition of the old guard. In pretty much every thread I have seen about new fighters, the Cybers get a strong mention form all involved in the chat. i expect many MK fans are currently fist pumping the air and woohooo'ing in happiness.

3) The Alien.. was a no brainier. I am actually anti-guest... but having a fighting game with Predator would be just such a missed opportunity if the Alien was not in it. It was almost a "must include". Also, on a side note, I have often wanted MK to spread into supernatural monsters a little more. I mean we have had a few Vamps and Demons or w/e... but I really like the idea of a more "animal" type fighter. This could lead to other types of cool monsters in the future.

4) Go Go Bo Rai Cho!!! This is probably the one I am excited for the most. I can understand peoples having some reservation about it, but I really hope they pull back the crazy stuff from his last appearance. That being said, a fighter aint a fighter with out a drunken master. The drunken fighting stance thing is a staple of martial arts films, really really good ones, as well as a common aspect in all fighting games.. so it is such great news to me that MK is finally getting its drink on. This is just a mega win on all levels and I hope I can gel with it as I really want to rock this one in comps, as they always look so cool. The tone of MKx should mean his kinda stupid side will be pulled back (I hope) leaving just the fact he is a drunken master, which is all awesome.

5) Leatherface... this is defiantly the most "meh" thing in the reveal. Guest characters can just fook off. The MK lore is so rich, that there is a list as long as my arm of actual legit MK characters that people are dying to see. Alien I can give a pass for as the combo with Predator is to legit to pass up... still we all are in agreement I think.. we just wanted legit official MK ones. I would have even prefered a "brand new" MK character or one that has never been playable.. like they did with The Blood Bitch - Scarlet... (man that character was just cool to the bone!). In my mind this is a totally wasted slot.

6) Who did I personally want? Well I wanted Alien (which I got) / Bo Rai Cho (which I got) / Sareena / The last slot was up in the air. I would have loved Scarlet again or Sindel, but knew that would never happen so ended up voting for Meat. I thought he would have been a cool fun edition and not something you could have in the serious game so perfect for DLC. So I got 2 out of my wants... can not complain about that!

All in all great stuff NRS... very cool pack and I just can not wait for it.. release it NOW!!

Also start planning KP3 right now. We will all buy it, even the people bitching in this thread are going ot buy 2... lets not make us wait for so long between packs next time! Still 8/10... awesome stuff!!!

first off , the original title that I put only said kp2 trailer leaked. thats all it said .no names or anything. from there , after it started getting bigger, mods have taken over , renamed it, fixed the broken link after nrs took the original one down, made it an article , and pretty much have monitored it since jump. so I think you who me and apology for jumping to conclusions and anything after that seems like something you'd have to take up with a mod.

otherwise - good post .

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
If they release horror skins please for the love of God nrs give me zombie liu kang. Idc about the kombat pack. My more interested in the skins/ patches that are to follow.

I don't understand the Leatherface decision. Is Jason vs Leatherface a thing?

Tri-borg is perfect. Hats off to you, @PND_Ketchup and @PND_Mustard .

Bo Rai Cho is perfect.

Alien is a decent addition for the Alien vs Predator hype, but the reveal of XenoBaraka really blew my mind. Such an entertaining crossover, hats off to whoever at NRS thought that one up.

Overall, 3 for 4 is probably better than most expected. Cheer up folks!

Last edited:

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
i'm curious why none of the KP2 was discussed in the awards show tonight. i'm guessing 'cuz of the leak they scrapped it?