What's new

Who would dominate? If Kabal and Kenshi were gone.

Who would dominate? If Kabal and Kenshi were gone.

• Kung Lao

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Cyrax

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • Skarlet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jax

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Freddy

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Johnny Cage

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Kitana

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Sektor

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Sonya

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters
Liu's low fireballs duck unlike saw. That's what I meant by kounter zoning. Anyway, my main point is that Liu Kang would be the runner up "Kabal" with Kenshi and Kabal gone. He goes even or better with the rest of the kast with the exception of Freddy (which may be arguable).

Even if Freddy does win against Liu Kang, he still has more bad match ups than Liu does. Both Smoke and Cyrax, beat Freddy. Plus maybe some others I'm forgetting about.
liu also loses to sonya and possibly kung lao and noob saibot and reptile and sektor and smoke and johnny cage are all questionable.

freddy beats the SHIT out of cyrax thats 6-4 freddy imo and he freddy annihaltes liu kang and more than half the cast his only losing matchups would be smoke and kl and just about everybody else he would beat bad.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
liu also loses to sonya and possibly kung lao and noob saibot and reptile and sektor and smoke and johnny cage are all questionable.

freddy beats the SHIT out of cyrax thats 6-4 freddy imo and he freddy annihaltes liu kang and more than half the cast his only losing matchups would be smoke and kl and just about everybody else he would beat bad.
Liu kan outzone Sonya and mix up his footsie game, same with Johnny. Everyone else you mentioned seems 5-5 if not in his favor.

In the Cyrax match, th Huge Hit box means frame advantage against freddy with 334.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
But that implies that Liu's problems now are strictly Kabal and Kenshi. He's a solid characters, who has no absolutely horrible match-ups or anything beyond Kenshi. I'd also point that Liu Kang most likely loses to Kung Lao. Liu's problems won't change that much, due to his hitbox, poor D1, etc...
D1's aren't really that important in this game. I value D3 much higher than D1 and Liu Kang has a good one.

Liu's main problem is Kenshi, and what you said is my point. He's like the fair Kabal of the game. He just obviously gets outclassed by Kabal, but with him gone he's the runner up.

I don't think Liu Kang loses to Kung Lao. He has more than enough tools to deal with him.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Sonya, Cyrax and Cage all benefit the most imo. Cage isn't on the same level of BS as Sonya and Cyrax though imo.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Would Sonya have any losing match ups?
Freddy. Thats it. Freddy has ass footsies compared to Sonya and no armor though. Basically Freddy has to keep her the hell out, the second she gets in it's over. He fairs better than Smoke in this MU because his projectiles do chip, control space, and frame trap, also his Ex Tele has invincibility, so he will be much more successful at keeping her the hell away which most characters in this game want to do.

Kabal isn't horrible for her but it's a bit struggle i guess, Kenshi is probably her worst MU because he can actually space, zone, and advantageously armor her.

Cyrax imo goes even because he can get easy resets for damage, control space with bombs + net, and if need be even drain her Ex Kartwheel meter with Ex Net (nothing huge but something nice to have I suppose). He has no real useful armor though, and AA grab wake up (which is amazing and Cyrax players love to use due to it's safeness) is checked up by the D4.

Phanatic

RM Phanatic
Sonya, Cyrax and Cage all benefit the most imo. Cage isn't on the same level of BS as Sonya and Cyrax though imo.
Anyone what can end a combo with a nut punch by punching literally the air will always be on the same level of bs.