What's new

Question Who was the MOST Overrated character to get nerfed?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Also, K-Top has consistently been performing with Thunder God in @PND_Ketchup and @PND_Mustard 's ESL Cup stuff for a good amount of time. He's shown that the character is TERRIFYING in the right hands. Goes head to head with Murko's Hellfire all the time.

Can we as a community actually decide whether we're going to use tournament results for our tier arguments or not? Because hearing this shit and then hearing "Tournament results don't matter" is really starting to piss me off.
You must have not read the part where I put that I wasn't saying that TG was unplayable,I was just pointing out that saying that a character is good because a competitor plays well with the character is a shitty argument. Reo got multiple 9th places at majors with vanilla Slasher Jason but that character was absolute garbage.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
You must have not read the part where I put that I wasn't saying that TG was unplayable,I was just pointing out that saying that a character is good because a competitor plays well with the character is a shitty argument. Reo got multiple 9th places at majors with vanilla Slasher Jason but that character was absolute garbage.
True true. Just saying the other guy was acting like Nivek and Digit were the end all be all of Raiden which is just straight up not true.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Come on man...

That move is overrated. You can bait it and it's his & cmd go to.

Nah.

@TheGangstaFace knows what's up.

High risk low reward useless overrated move that leads kano exactly where he started.

Begging to get in.

Overrated.
Do I even need to reply to this? Do you want Kano to have high damage safe 50/50s across all variations? If you do you're a complete idiot.

I really don't know what you're trying to get at.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Also, K-Top has consistently been performing with Thunder God in @PND_Ketchup and @PND_Mustard 's ESL Cup stuff for a good amount of time. He's shown that the character is TERRIFYING in the right hands. Goes head to head with Murko's Hellfire all the time.
TG is super underrated imo. Builds meter like a champ, has top tier armor (can even get a combo off it under certain antiair situations) can break most if not all double armor wakeups in the game...

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I'm not saying TG is unplayable but what TG players are you referring to,because no TG player has even made it out of pools in this version of the game unless you consider playing well in online casuals as showing that the character is far from unplayable.
TG is solid up close and he's decent from range, but he has nothing outside his neutral game for his opponents to deal with at midrange. Against good players, midrange feels like being in the corner.

Wigy

There it is...
Can we as a community actually decide whether we're going to use tournament results for our tier arguments or not? Because hearing this shit and then hearing "Tournament results don't matter" is really starting to piss me off.
If tournament results become the standard of tiers, johnny cage downplay squad guna have a field day.

Dude was apparently top 5 yet like no tournament placings at majors after fisti nerfs
:DOGE

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Then I don't understand what you are asking.
Who was a character that was SO hyped up but now we look back on them and during the patch they got nerfed (any time during the games life) and say to ourselves "okay we might have overreacted." Which was my example with Lao. Pre-XL he was supposedly "top 5" and he didn't have anything dumb about him except the range of his jump 2. Half the damn cast has a stupid ass jump 2 lol. Then. XL came out and he was nerfed for pretty much no reason. At this point in the game there were Straight busted characters (and probably just as many when the XL patch came out in March).

Reactions: GAV

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Do I even need to reply to this? Do you want Kano to have high damage safe 50/50s across all variations? If you do you're a complete idiot.

I really don't know what you're trying to get at.
Ok. Before reply with something rude I'll just say lab Cybernetic dawg. Then lab commando. Then touch cutthroat.

Then come at me brh.

Wigy

There it is...
Are folks saying cyb and commando should have an oh?

What would be the point in CT?

Tbh i have no issues with moves like scorpion and kotals f2 that are OH where if you block its your turn, but jasons and liu kangs can gtf.

Lius might be -11 but its usually used at max range and then they backdash and punish you. Infuriating.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Not saying they were the most hurted, but definitely remarkable examples:

Balanced Kenshi, nerfed even before the game came out, and indirectly nerfed in every patch by not getting more than shit buffs, or even a nerf in last patch that went against his identity as a variation.

Fisticuffs Cage june 2015 nerf to speedbag was overkill being a triple nerf: startup, block adv and general poke buff. No compensation for nerfing his main tool either, was left like that for almost a year.
I mean that wasnt really the question. Those characters have never been overrated. :p

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I mean that wasnt really the question. Those characters have never been overrated. :p
People telling they are fine and in no need of buffs, when it was actually the opposite, fits the definition of overrated lol.

After more than a year most people backed up from that and now Balanced is seen as bad or at most (by the optimistics) as a mediocre character with lots of holes.

About Fisticuffs, it took almost a year for some to see and admit that he was trash since june 2015 nerf. Partially fixed in xl patch, and last october patch.

GAV

Who was a character that was SO hyped up but now we look back on them and during the patch they got nerfed (any time during the games life) and say to ourselves "okay we might have overreacted." Which was my example with Lao. Pre-XL he was supposedly "top 5" and he didn't have anything dumb about him except the range of his jump 2. Half the damn cast has a stupid ass jump 2 lol. Then. XL came out and he was nerfed for pretty much no reason. At this point in the game there were Straight busted characters (and probably just as many when the XL patch came out in March).
I disagree that there was nothing dumb about Tempest. Tempest was pretty dumb, IMO. Every patch made the game better, IMO. I don't agree with every change, but with every patch - the game improved. This is just my opinion.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I disagree that there was nothing dumb about Tempest. Tempest was pretty dumb, IMO. Every patch made the game better, IMO. I don't agree with every change, but with every patch - the game improved. This is just my opinion.
From September to XL what was dumb about Lao? You had characters with safe armored launchers and insane jailing pressure into more jailing pressure with 50/50's or good mixups. He didn't have that and he only jailed D4 at the time

Reactions: GAV

GAV

From September to XL what was dumb about Lao? You had characters with safe armored launchers and insane jailing pressure into more jailing pressure with 50/50's or good mixups. He didn't have that and he only jailed D4 at the time
What wasn't dumb about him? His attacks took priority over everything and it was easy to keep him safe. His learning curve made you put some time in to get him down, but once you put the time in - and if you understood how to play him - it was like performing a martial arts form where you were always on the offensive making what your opponent did matter much less. Downplayers make him sound like Erron Black, but anyone that knows can see right through that bullshit. The smartest of us said nothing and just learned him to perform his dance of death flawlessly. Others, could see it - but were too hard-headed to take advantage.

If you're asking me who I think who was overly nerfed - its MOS. He could have used some toning back, but what they did to him practically forced MOS players in other directions if they wanted to remain relevant.