What's new

Question Who was the MOST Overrated character to get nerfed?

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
What wasn't dumb about him? His attacks took priority over everything and it was easy to keep him safe. His learning curve made you put some time in to get him down, but once you put the time in - and if you understood how to play him - it was like performing a martial arts form where you were always on the offensive making what your opponent did matter much less. Downplayers make him sound like Erron Black, but anyone that knows can see right through that bullshit. The smartest of us said nothing and just learned him to perform his dance of death flawlessly. Others, could see it - but were too hard-headed to take advantage.

If you're asking me who I think who was overly nerfed - its MOS. He could have used some toning back, but what they did to him practically forced MOS players in other directions if they wanted to remain relevant.
Basically the only argument I got was "he was safe" lol and he still is to this day and hes still only a solid character. I'm not sure what you mean by "his attacks took priority" his dive kick doesn't take priority over much and F2 isn't a true mid lol

Reactions: GAV

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Spec Ops Cassie Cage deserves a mention. 10/10 job NRS, nerfing her universal tools and not giving anything back in return.

But overall as a character it has to go to Erron Black. It'll never be high noon again.

TheGangstaFace

Spec Ops Cassie Cage deserves a mention. 10/10 job NRS, nerfing her universal tools and not giving anything back in return.

But overall as a character it has to go to Erron Black. It'll never be high noon again.
Spec ops was overrated? I just think Hollywood has been so good that Spec Ops was collateral damage

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Basically the only argument I got was "he was safe" lol and he still is to this day and hes still only a solid character. I'm not sure what you mean by "his attacks took priority" his dive kick doesn't take priority over much and F2 isn't a true mid lol
Priority is which attack wins out when performed at the same time. He always had an option to take priority. Arguing that he wasn't stupid at this point is just stoo-pid stupid because he isn't going to change now and it makes you seem either unknowing or disingenuous.

TheGangstaFace

Priority is which attack wins out when performed at the same time. He always had an option to take priority. Arguing that he wasn't stupid at this point is just stoo-pid stupid because he isn't going to change now and it makes you seem either unknowing or disingenuous.
Dude what? If attacks are performed at the same time they trade. Whoever has the most hit advantage is at the advantage.

This thread is just for fun discussion, I obviously know nothing will change now. I didn't think Tempest was dumb back then and I still don't think at that time he was dumb back then. How else did he go from "top 5" to average af? Lol. They nerfed his plus frames, his ji2, made it to where spin sucks you in, and I thiiink that's it. But they also buffed hit advantage on Ex hat and made it to where a jump punch combos into a tele grab

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Dvorah got hit pretty hard in sq

Warlock Quan Chi is basically useless.

Kenjutsu was Kenshi's best and is now his worst

Kotal Kahn got hit pretty bad.

And course, CSZ.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I feel like Warlock was an oversight, you only picked that variation for the scoop and he lost the scoop's main utility. It still serves for counterzoning, but he can kinda do that in other variations too. MB DF2 doesn't even count as a reversal IMO, it's garbage.

Big one for me was Erron Black though. No idea why he got nerfed every patch.

TheGangstaFace

Dvorah got hit pretty hard in sq

Warlock Quan Chi is basically useless.

Kenjutsu was Kenshi's best and is now his worst

Kotal Kahn got hit pretty bad.

And course, CSZ.
Kenjtusu definitely wasn't overrated though. Do you feel SQ was overrated or just overnerfed?

TheGangstaFace

I feel like Warlock was an oversight, you only picked that variation for the scoop and he lost the scoop's main utility. It still serves for counterzoning, but he can kinda do that in other variations too. MB DF2 doesn't even count as a reversal IMO, it's garbage.

Big one for me was Erron Black though. No idea why he got nerfed every patch.
Yeah Quan wasn't really overrated, he was damn good but definitely got fucked over by changes. Wouldn't be the first time he was overlooked. Like the nerf to trance and how it hurt Warlock the most

TheGangstaFace

Erron seems to be the most common choice between everyone. I felt like Gunslinger was good as hell pre patch but I wouldn't say he was TOO good. Mid gunshots made me salty though lol

Edit: I know he still has them but Erron in general is a lot easier to deal with

True but IA Kano Ball is high risk low reward
If it was safe or substantial in damage, Cyber would be hella dumb in the corner. Condition with a few overheads, hit a low hit confirm for a 1 bar 50% into splat or remain plus 1 with a 7 frame poke (with a special cancel mind game). Not saying it would be broken, but unfavorable for general balance (since this basically describes a perfect DF Liu lol).

Are folks saying cyb and commando should have an oh?

What would be the point in CT?

Tbh i have no issues with moves like scorpion and kotals f2 that are OH where if you block its your turn, but jasons and liu kangs can gtf.

Lius might be -11 but its usually used at max range and then they backdash and punish you. Infuriating.
I got it, Kano gets a new input diagonal 4. Replicates the 4 in 2f4 and is plus 4 on block, overhead, hard knockdown and 10 recovery. Make it happen.
:DOGE

TheGangstaFace

If it was safe or substantial in damage, Cyber would be hella dumb in the corner. Condition with a few overheads, hit a low hit confirm for a 1 bar 50% into splat or remain plus 1 with a 7 frame poke (with a special cancel mind game). Not saying it would be broken, but unfavorable for general balance (since this basically describes a perfect DF Liu lol).
I agree

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Dude what? If attacks are performed at the same time they trade. Whoever has the most hit advantage is at the advantage.

This thread is just for fun discussion, I obviously know nothing will change now. I didn't think Tempest was dumb back then and I still don't think at that time he was dumb back then. How else did he go from "top 5" to average af? Lol. They nerfed his plus frames, his ji2, made it to where spin sucks you in, and I thiiink that's it. But they also buffed hit advantage on Ex hat and made it to where a jump punch combos into a tele grab
Then we simply disagree.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm aware what the characters can do.

So you want more 50/50s in the game do you? Why not try to help variations in literally any other way possible, except for slapping 50/50s all over the place.
What 50/50's? You putting words in my mouth now? Oh and help how? Did I make the character or variation? Me saying the fact the he still needs help aint enough? By me maining this variation aint enough?

How bout that fact that every single character in this bloody game has an OH already. That people bitched & whined and cried tears that Kitana needs that overhead. Or the clone aint working or some other shit but far be it from me to say anything. The lowly pleb who actually gave a shit abour this variation but yea IA kano ball b top teir. Ok.

That overhead is a gift. Just like his 7 frame up laser that wiffs on more then half the cast when pulling it of mid combo from b1,3 or b2, 3 or f33. Not even 112 gets anything good to start from that nice 7 frame move. Great move aswell. I'll just hard read my opponent and maybe f4 into ball won't wiff this time. Or rn b1,X2 into ball if it'll actually come out if the frames allowed it. Online of course. But no worries tho because I got IA kano ball to the rescue.

Before XL. Vanilla mkx yeah. Go ahead and put your argument there. Because I did. That's why I mentened him in this thread in the first place and now. After umpteen patches and hot fixes he is still middle of the pack. At best.

Cool. Thanks bro. Appreciate 50/50 wait I mean the late OH instant air ball a year after vanilla release.

Sure I'll hold that.

Now can I get a bit more damage on his knives now?

What 50/50's? You putting words in my mouth now? Oh and help how? Did I make the character or variation? Me saying the fact the he still needs help aint enough? By me maining this variation aint enough?

How bout that fact that every single character in this bloody game has an OH already. That people bitched & whined and cried tears that Kitana needs that overhead. Or the clone aint working or some other shit but far be it from me to say anything. The lowly pleb who actually gave a shit abour this variation but yea IA kano ball b top teir. Ok.

That overhead is a gift. Just like his 7 frame up laser that wiffs on more then half the cast when pulling it of mid combo from b1,3 or b2, 3 or f33. Not even 112 gets anything good to start from that nice 7 frame move. Great move aswell. I'll just hard read my opponent and maybe f4 into ball won't wiff this time. Or rn b1,X2 into ball if it'll actually come out if the frames allowed it. Online of course. But no worries tho because I got IA kano ball to the rescue.

Before XL. Vanilla mkx yeah. Go ahead and put your argument there. Because I did. That's why I mentened him in this thread in the first place and now. After umpteen patches and hot fixes he is still middle of the pack. At best.

Cool. Thanks bro. Appreciate 50/50 wait I mean the late OH instant air ball a year after vanilla release.

Sure I'll hold that.

NO

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

Sure I'll hold that.

I'll sum this post up in one word for anyone who can't be arsed reading it:

lol