What's new

Who was mystery Sponsor of the 1K

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Reo is 100% correct in this case.

Far to often people in this community want to coast by on their previous accomplishments (I am probably the worst offender in this). It is time that we put up or shut the fuck up.

Also, this isn't my battle, but recently a pretty highly touted Canadian player challenged a certain "Big Wig" to a ft10 session/money match Jade vs Kit.

The players response? Play it out in tournament.

Why are players afraid of playing other players? Will their epeens and credibility be ruined if they lose?

We are all playing a game. We are not A list celebrities. If I travelled for a tournament and no one wanted to play casuals or money match, I would feel gipped out of the experience. Thats ME! When a recognized top player does something like this and gets turned down by another recognized top player, the only real conclusion that can be drawn is that they are ducking the opponent.

It's sad.

This never happened. It's completely made up. I was told @neorussel wanted to play me and contacted him about what possible tournaments I'd be at. I never told him to "play it out in tournament".

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This is why we can't have nice things :(
I wouldn't say that... it's just a big misunderstanding IMO.

Stuff like this is all part of being in a community IMO. As long as we discuss it, sort it out and learn from it... we're still growing. We make mistakes in the FGC just as commonly or as easily as we do in real life.

Yes, I know... I'm being very optimistic, but, you have to be sometimes.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This never happened. It's completely made up. I was told @neorussel wanted to play me and contacted him about what possible tournaments I'd be at. I never told him to "play it out in tournament".
Unless I am reading this very real facebook post (which may have been edited now) it happened. I am sorry if I misinterpreted something, I will be the first person to admit my faults, but don't act like you have never refused a money match or ft anything.

Actually, to get directly to the point, you have gone Hollywood. :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
- The last time 16bit has played me in a major tournament was eight months ago. 16bit brags about it every chance he gets to pump himself up and try and keep it relevant. 16bit has avoided every money match I've issued with him since that time eight months ago. 16bit has told others my success at recent tournaments such as Ralaigh was only because I didn't have to go through him. I've also been told by close friends of mine from the community that when there are discussions where my name is mentioned, 16bit will sometimes say "LBSH, little Giuseppe has his problems. I've bodied him and I got his number".

Little Giuseppe part is true and awesome. I do not recall ever saying that about Raleigh, I might have though. In the summer I did have your number. After two convincing tournament wins that's fair to say. I don't know now though. I have been saying I don't know for a while, ask your close friends. Regardless, I don't regret the blowups. At least when I'm talking shit in private I don't go around talking about how I threw MLG matches on purpose to get out of contracts.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Little Giuseppe part is true and awesome. I do not recall ever saying that about Raleigh, I might have though. In the summer I did have your number. After two convincing tournament wins that's fair to say. I don't know now though. I have been saying I don't know for a while, ask your close friends. Regardless, I don't regret the blowups. At least when I'm talking shit in private I don't go around talking about how I threw MLG matches on purpose to get out of contracts.
Holy shit.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Unless I am reading this very real facebook post (which may have been edited now) it happened. I am sorry if I misinterpreted something, I will be the first person to admit my faults, but don't act like you have never refused a money match or ft anything.

Actually, to get directly to the point, you have gone Hollywood. :)

I have said nothing about this on FB. Some random guy said I said that and you and the rest started blowing me up before hearing anything from me. Then NR came in and said I contacted him. So thanks for blowing me up for no reason.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I have said nothing about this on FB. Some random guy said I said that and you and the rest started blowing me up before hearing anything from me. Then NR came in and said I contacted him. So thanks for blowing me up for no reason.
Lol, as someone who constantly blows anyone and everything up for no fucking reason, are you seriously going to try to guilt trip me? GTFO.

You're welcome.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
ok, I will GTOH. In the future do not send me PMs asking for my help in your shows either. Peace.
Wow, asking for "your help" really? I asked you and the entire KTP cast to do a Life on Boon Street together. 2 out of the 3 members agreed, you were always the stick in the mud who didn't. I never held that against you, never haggled you, never harassed you. I never said shit about it. If you ever thought for one solitary second that I asked the almighty 16 Bit for help with ANYTHING you got another thing coming. When you did Mortal Monday commentary I never asked you like this: "Please oh almighty 16 bit please help my show. It will die without you doing commentary". I asked because I thought the community would like that, and they did.

That's usually my motivation behind any of my endeavours. "Would the community appreciate this work?" "This sounds like a really good idea for the community". You on the other hand, I do not see thinking with those same aspirations in mind. You know when you were cool? When you were a fucking nobody on GameFAQS. Remember that? Remember how we were ALL there. We appreciated you for your knowledge, not how much a blow hard, shit stirring, egotistical, fat head prick that you have become. Enjoy testing Injustice, I am sure we will never hear the end of it when it comes out. It will be the next thing you use to somehow define yourself.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wow, asking for "your help" really? I asked you and the entire KTP cast to do a Life on Boon Street together. 2 out of the 3 members agreed, you were always the stick in the mud who didn't. I never held that against you, never haggled you, never harassed you. I never said shit about it. If you ever thought for one solitary second that I asked the almighty 16 Bit for help with ANYTHING you got another thing coming. When you did Mortal Monday commentary I never asked you like this: "Please oh almighty 16 bit please help my show. It will die without you doing commentary". I asked because I thought the community would like that, and they did.

That's usually my motivation behind any of my endeavours. "Would the community appreciate this work?" "This sounds like a really good idea for the community". You on the other hand, I do not see thinking with those same aspirations in mind. You know when you were cool? When you were a fucking nobody on GameFAQS. Remember that? Remember how we were ALL there. We appreciated you for your knowledge, not how much a blow hard, shit stirring, egotistical, fat head prick that you have become. Enjoy testing Injustice.

You were just asking for my input on something else like a month ago. You don't know me or my motivations. As we saw when you blew me up because some guy on facebook said I said something I didn't. At least blow me up when I'm actually hollywood not because a random guy said I was hollywood.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You were just asking for my input on something else like a month ago. You don't know me or my motivations. As we saw when you blew me up because some guy on facebook said I said something I didn't. At least blow me up when I'm actually hollywood not because a random guy said I was hollywood.
I didn't ask for "your" input. I asked for EVERYONE's input. Are you that god damn egocentric? If you didn't notice, everyone that was involved in that session was some sort of media mogul.

You cannot go around putting people on blast constantly, and then feign and bitch and moan when anyone calls you out on anything. Like James said, The shit goes both ways.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I didn't ask for "your" input. I asked for EVERYONE's input. Are you that god damn egocentric? If you didn't notice, everyone that was involved in that session was some sort of media mogul.

You cannot go around putting people on blast constantly, and then feign and bitch and moan when anyone calls you out on anything. Like James said, The shit goes both ways.

Agreed, I always take my blowups. I blow myself up a lot when I get blown up. What's a problem is being blown up over something I didn't even do this time.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Agreed, I always take my blowups. I blow myself up a lot when I get blown up. What's a problem is being blown up over something I didn't even do this time.
Alright, Lets level the playing field then.

If I misinterpreted the thing with NeoRussel...I completely 100% appologize. I mean that, I will swallow my lumps. I should have checked my facts better. That aside...

Here is what I am blowing you up for:

1. Thinking you are the life and death in certain aspects of the community.
2. Scared to lose.
3. The creator of arguments that you will never truly defend.
4. Saying things, and trying to make them fact just because you believe them and arguing AGAINST anyone who disagrees.
5. Truly 100% giving the impression that if it aint 100% 16 Bit favoured, it aint going to fly.

Among other things...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This is why we can't have nice things :(
Exactly, Goldy.

And why is is that EVERY TIME something happens as of late, it turns into a fucking rage-out fight?
Jesus H. Christ, you guys...

Good shit, jamessmk. This is why you'll always have my undivided respect.
Coliseum Fight = $$$ gimmick title. Hope to see it unfold someday soon/be worthy of my own one day.

Mountain Dew Voltage is delicious.

Yes, I know... I'm being very optimistic, but, you have to be sometimes.
Also true. We need all the positivity we can get, no?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Alright, Lets level the playing field then.

If I misinterpreted the thing with NeoRussel...I completely 100% appologize. I mean that, I will swallow my lumps. I should have checked my facts better. That aside...

Here is what I am blowing you up for:

1. Thinking you are the life and death in certain aspects of the community.
2. Scared to lose.
3. The creator of arguments that you will never truly defend.
4. Saying things, and trying to make them fact just because you believe them and arguing AGAINST anyone who disagrees.
5. Truly 100% giving the impression that if it aint 100% 16 Bit favoured, it aint going to fly.

Among other things...

Other than Tom Brady I am probably the most well traveled tournament player in the scene. I play everywhere, against everyone, when it matters the most. Yet because I don't MM(with ONE possible exception in 2 years) I am now afraid to lose. That's cool.

The rest of these make no sense to me.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Other than Tom Brady I am probably the most well traveled tournament player in the scene. I play everywhere, against everyone, when it matters the most. Yet because I don't MM(with ONE possible exception in 2 years) I am now afraid to lose. That's cool.

The rest of these make no sense to me.

Are you going to play Russel?

How about Reo?

I really think you should play Reo. Give him a shot at his revenge. Will you do this Bit? Will you have it recorded?

You used your show, and got 100% free reign to spout out anything that you wanted. Blew up anyone, the almighty 16 Bit's opinions were heard. It must have been really nice to have gotten to hide behind the format of your show and not allow a retort because in my personal experience, anytime you have been called out on any of it, you flee.

Hey bit, XSmokeX is the best smoke.

coolwhip

Noob
Isn't that what you're doing when you claim that 16 bit is afraid to lose?

Newsflash, if these players were truly that afraid to lose (not to be confused with hating to lose) they wouldn't travel to tournaments, where only one guy wins. It really surprises me how naive people are about this. It's just like that post the other day talking about PL being a bit cold on the $5,000 offer because he apparently wants to "preserve his legacy as a Mortal Kombat champion." Yeah, because PL is stupid enough to think that potentially losing one match to REO will ruin his entire legacy...two EVO titles be damned.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Anyways, Whatever. James I applaud you on your constant work for this community. You truly are the man and I wish some others could be as selfless as you have always shown yourself to be. Sorry for hijacking your thread. I said my piece.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Common logic, backed up by countless top 8's and wins over top players. That's who knows.
not everyone can travel to 80% of all tournaments,

we all know who the best Tournament placing Kitana is, that doesn't mean he is the best Kitana player out there. Stuff like that will never be known and is all personal opinion because everyone has different people that they play with.

Get off Bits nuts Fan boy lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Are you going to play Russel?

How about Reo?

I really think you should play Reo. Give him a shot at his revenge. Will you do this Bit? Will you have it recorded?

You used your show, and got 100% free reign to spout out anything that you want. Blow up anyone, the almighty 16 Bit's opinion was heard. It must have been really nice to have gotten to hide behind a show and not allow a retort.

Hey bit, XSmokeX is the best smoke.

I do not know which tournaments I'll be at. Russel wants to play at WB and I'm not going to that one.

I already made REO an offer.

This last part makes no sense. How do I "not allow a retort"? There's like a million ways people can retort about what's said on KTP.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Common logic, backed up by countless top 8's and wins over top players. That's who knows.
Right, but does that mean he plays Kitanna the best? Or does that mean he simply placed with Kitanna the most?

I am not saying Bit isn't the best Kitanna. I am infact 90% sure that he is. I have not called out Bit's playing ability at all. Never have actually. I think he is a phenominal player.

As it stands with current tournament records, yes. 16 Bit is the best Kitana.