What's new

Question - Kenshi Who is worse than Kenshi?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
People will continue overestimating Kenshi until this game dies, so why bother.
The only one in this thread that seems to be overestimating Kenshi is M.D. and he's the biggest troll on TYM besides maybe Dave. Ken-, I'm sorry Balanced, is called out to be bad about twice per day, more depending on whether there is a thread about Balanced active on TYM. No one is overestimating Kenshi besides those that don't know bf3 is a high.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
The only one in this thread that seems to be overestimating Kenshi is M.D. and he's the biggest troll on TYM besides maybe Dave. Ken-, I'm sorry Balanced, is called out to be bad about twice per day, more depending on whether there is a thread about Balanced active on TYM. No one is overestimating Kenshi besides those that don't know bf3 is a high.
You forget about nrs guys, which from what we can see in the patches, seem to think that Balanced is "fine" xD

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Is TF being a high that critical? Would the character be good if it was a mid? Genuine musing, no right or wrong answer as we won't know without playing it, just wondering opinions what DDutch and Ismael (and whoever else) think?

ismael4790

Is TF being a high that critical? Would the character be good if it was a mid? Genuine musing, no right or wrong answer as we won't know without playing it, just wondering opinions what DDutch and Ismael (and whoever else) think?
Teleflurry being a mid in balanced, with his actual frames on startup (14f) and block (-9), would be broke shit.
The problem with teleflurry now is that it is -43 on whiff, which is utter trash. It should be around -35 or better.

But TF is only one of the problems of the variation. Push is too negative, EX push should be at least +2, overhead slash has too slow startup and it's -1 on hit (yes, on hit...), almost every string canceled into overhead slash is armor interruptible, exteleflurry has absolutely no purpose, same as exoverhead slash...

thlityoursloat

kick kick
He'd be a top 5 zoner if it was a mid, TF in general is extremely good save for its whiff recovery and maybe damage, it's good on block, has really good tracking and knocks them full screen.

DDutchguy

If Balanced's Tele flurry were a mid, Balanced could easily rise way up in the tier list. Let's say he does a tele flurry and you block it, Kenshi can now do two things. One, just do another tele flurry to pseudo-frame trap you if you dare press a button. Admittedly, trades wouldn't always be in his favor because there is like a 19-20 frame gap in-between the two, but even then his fullscreen game would be extremely dominant.

The other option is to wait for a moment to bait out a jump. The opponent gets pretty much forced to jump, otherwise they'll be eating tele flurries and reflects all day. If the opponent jumps, Kenshi can use tele flurry as an anti-air. Basically, it could demolish certain characters in the fullscreen. Imagine the Bartitsu v Balanced matchup, could be an 8-2.

Another thing Kenshi could do is use his overhead slash, which is I believe -2 or -3 on block. He could then basically frame trap you with tele flurry if you ever block it. Hell, he would do so on hit as well. For the entirety of the match you would be forced to always hold tele flurries.

TL;DR it would be very dumb.

ismael4790

If Balanced's Tele flurry were a mid, Balanced could easily rise way up in the tier list. Let's say he does a tele flurry and you block it, Kenshi can now do two things. One, just do another tele flurry to pseudo-frame trap you if you dare press a button. Admittedly, trades wouldn't always be in his favor because there is like a 19-20 frame gap in-between the two, but even then his fullscreen game would be extremely dominant.

The other option is to wait for a moment to bait out a jump. The opponent gets pretty much forced to jump, otherwise they'll be eating tele flurries and reflects all day. If the opponent jumps, Kenshi can use tele flurry as an anti-air. Basically, it could demolish certain characters in the fullscreen. Imagine the Bartitsu v Balanced matchup, could be an 8-2.

Another thing Kenshi could do is use his overhead slash, which is I believe -2 or -3 on block. He could then basically frame trap you with tele flurry if you ever block it. Hell, he would do so on hit as well. For the entirety of the match you would be forced to always hold tele flurries.

TL;DR it would be very dumb.
Exactly, it would be super dumb. Also, for a mid TF, Possessed variation is there. And bf3 in possessed is more negative on block, which makes sense.

Overhead slash is -10 on block, but anyway, mid tf would be stupid, tf into tf would be like an armor breaking frame trap, cause tf can break certain armors.

And Bartitsu vs Balanced would easily be a 10-0 matchup, i think now it's actually an 8-2 xD

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yeah he'd be fckin ridiculous, you guys are right

How bout the other kenjutsu with mid tfs?

DDutchguy

Exactly, it would be super dumb. Also, for a mid TF, Possessed variation is there. And bf3 in possessed is more negative on block, which makes sense.

Overhead slash is -10 on block, but anyway, mid tf would be stupid, tf into tf would be like an armor breaking frame trap, cause tf can break certain armors.

And Bartitsu vs Balanced would easily be a 10-0 matchup, i think now it's actually an 8-2 xD
You sure you're not confusing the clash with rising karma? RK is -10, I'm 90% sure the OH-slash is at least safe.

ismael4790

You sure you're not confusing the clash with rising karma? RK is -10, I'm 90% sure the OH-slash is at least safe.
Risking Karma is -12, Overhead slash is -10. But Overhead slash done after, for example, 421, is practically safe due to the pushback of the string.

EX OH slash (aka I fucking hate my meter and want to waste it) is still -10.
LOL xD

DDutchguy

Yeah he'd be fckin ridiculous, you guys are right

How bout the other kenjutsu with mid tfs?
Possessed's is already a mid, but it is a lot more acceptable because it's -23 on block and his low stomp can't catch airborne opponents unlike the overhead slash. The scenario in balanced would make AA'ing off of OH slash a lot less important because you can pseudo-frame trap them all game with the -9 flurry.

ismael4790

Possessed's is already a mid, but it is a lot more acceptable because it's -23 on block and his low stomp can't catch airborne opponents unlike the overhead slash. The scenario in balanced would make AA'ing off of OH slash a lot less important because you can pseudo-frame trap them all game with the -9 flurry.
I personally wouldn't like Balanced tf becoming a mid at the cost of losing frames on block, because Possessed is there for those who want mid tf (although its tracking SUCKS).

What I think Balanced tf needs is better whiff recovery, just that. And well, all his other specials also need love.

SwegZero

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO
I think Li Mei is worse in this game. She's so stale it's almost like she isn't playable. Actually, maybe Barake is the worst. I mean, 21% max damage?!

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Wasn't Kenjutsu's teletoss already a mid at some point? It was a lot more -ve on block though (something like -20), and was still -56 on whiff.

DDutchguy

I personally wouldn't like Balanced tf becoming a mid at the cost of losing frames on block, because Possessed is there for those who want mid tf (although its tracking SUCKS).

What I think Balanced tf needs is better whiff recovery, just that. And well, all his other specials also need love.
The thing with tele flurry is that I feel like it should be just - enough to not be punishable, but make it so that most characters can make it to sweep distance where Kenshi will have to use either push or a D4 to keep the opponent back out. Push should also be like -12, maybe -11. That alone would likely help to a decent extent.

DDutchguy

Wasn't Kenjutsu's teletoss already a mid at some point? It was a lot more -ve on block though (something like -20), and was still -56 on whiff.
It used to be a mid yes, but it did not reach fullscreen. As such if you were to miscalculate the range of your toss, you would be trance levels of - on whiff.

Edit: If current Kenjutsu would have a mid toss he would be really dumb as well. A fullscreen 13% attack that puts your opponent at a far distance, allowing you to get 13% frame traps off of every button press? No thanks.

SwegZero

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO
Quiet guys, Kenshi is the best character in the game, 100% better than Alien, especially in no variation. Top 1 100000%.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'd legit take Kenjutsu over Cyber Sub-Zero. I think they both are pretty bleh but CSZ is the worst variation in the game imo.