What's new

Question - Kenshi Who is worse than Kenshi?

A bunch of people tell me kenshi isn't bad, that he is at least mid tier and us kenshi players just need to play him correctly. Please discuss who is worse then Kenshi AS A WHOLE (not just a single worse variation) because I can't think of anyone and I would love to hear what others thoughts are on this.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
At this point, if someone dares to tell you that Kenshi isn't bad (specially Balanced, time will tell if the buffs/fixes that the other two variations received are enough, I honestly think they still don't even reach mid tier) it just means that this person either has absolutely no idea about MKX or is trolling you.

Probably master of storms raiden, unbreakable sub, and fisticuffs cage are close to the level of trash Balanced Kenshi is.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
step 1. stop playing balanced, 2/3rds of the character can be competitive
Lol. Kenjutsu and possessed still have trash zoning and they need meter to get damage. You actually really need 2 bars in kenjutsu to get damage. And possessed has some useless tools. Such as bf3 and his tele which you can literally react to every time. This isn't imposter shinnok with a god like njk. Also a character playing competitively and a character being bottom 3 is completely different

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Lol. Kenjutsu and possessed still have trash zoning and they need meter to get damage. You actually really need 2 bars in kenjutsu to get damage. And possessed has some useless tools. Such as bf3 and his tele which you can literally react to every time. This isn't imposter shinnok with a god like njk. Also a character playing competitively and a character being bottom 3 is completely different
oh no you need to use meter and you can't mindlessly zone

sorry you might have to outplay your opponents man. That sucks

TheGangstaFace

Explain....
99% of the time youre gonna get a 30-34% for 1 bar, not too bad right? but then you compare him to the rest of the cast and you also have to take into consideration that most of these times this is you canceling off his overhead or low normal (no hit confirming, you have to commit to the combo). So anyways if you want good damage you spend 2 bars for I believe 41-43%. Now all of this wouldn't be so bad if all of kenshis normals weren't slow, bad zoning (this variation isn't meant for zoning purposes but the base character IS according to his frames). And you know what? I'd be fine with ALL of this. But the ex overhead sword doesn't restand lol. So if you're in the air at any point when I hit you with this, no combo for me. ggs

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It's like they think that they're the only character with one awful variation. Raiden, Johnny, Sub, Scorpion and the list goes on.
And those ones you mentioned should also get help, of course.
I always said it. People should stop thinking about variations as part of the same character, in most cases they only share the name. Fisticuffs Cage for example, has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with A-List. So saying, "hey, you have other variations that are good, play them", adds nothing, it's a nonsense way to comfort people and try to make them forget the reality, which is that a bad job has been done with some variations.

So even if Kenjutsu and Possessed were very good (which is not the case), that wouldn't be an excuse for Balanced to be that bad as he is now.

All variations should be viable, those extreme differences are annoying and prevent the game from being fully balanced.

Last edited:

TheGangstaFace

As your character and profile pic probably indicate. You're drunk. Stop. You need to pay attention to the pro community more because some of them actually post their insight, tech, and guides on the character. Brc can get zoned out yes but once he gets in he's stupid. Drunken master is trash though lmao