What's new

Who is the most down played character?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Mother of all that is holy where do all you people come from?
Is NRS hiring you to spread all this crap arround confusing people?

Did you even look at the tweets you linked? It's literally just Rye talking about how he personally gets tilted by situations where people mash and he needs a dumb fast mid to stuff it. That's why he plays Liu, with a 9-frame mid.

Johnny has one of the easiest hit-confirmable strings in the game in f3,4,4 which is his higher-damage 14-frame combo starter, and this string is -2 on block. -2. Johnny's f4,4 is a 14-frame startup double mid string, far reaching, and -5 on on block. b3,4 is 18 frames but it's a low,low string, also easy to hit confirm into a full combo, it covers all of mid range, and it is -7 on block. Literally gets standing plus frames on a couple strings that end on highs, 1,2,3 and 3,4,u3. This of course in addition to his bf2, which jails on block against MOST of the cast, which is only -10 in itself even being a ridiculously fast projectile but can be EX'd in pressure to make him +3 on block. He is BEYOND safe and advantageous if you just play with the slightest consideration for it.

If you can't make anything happen with those frames, then I'd hate to see you pick up someone "low tier," you'd cry.
The tweets said exactly what you said but apparently you can't comprehend it. Also as replies to Rye there are the two most known Cage mains that agree.
That people mash and shit on Cage.
Which directly shits on your post entirely, but let's continue just for the sake of it.

Let's see what you said, OMFG -2 on block HOW OP. OMFG 14 frame mid and 18 frame low HOW OP.

-2 on block. Yes.
14 frame startup - GAP OF 16 frames
18 frames from -2 - GAP of 20 frames

Have you ever actually PLAYED mk11? I think not, because you'd know that you will literally get vaporized into oblivion in a 16 frame gap by 90% of the cast.

-5 on block omfg. -7 on block OMGGG. -10 on block OMFFFggg.

You have no clue, but let me tell you that a -5 string that leaves you in the face of a 9 frame mid character with staggers and mixups means you just signed your own death warrant.

Forceballs hit on MOST of the cast? MOST? Have you even watched the whiff thread on Cage?
Do you even math?

And these are your arguments that he is top tier? This is the most utter bullshit I have ever seen in my entire life on this site.

I can't make anything happen?? Can you? ROFL. If those top tier players can't , i'm pretty sure we are all clueless of the SSSS+ tier that is Cage.

No one cares about "but meter" dude, it comes back for FREE in this game

You also seem to be implying his plus frames "arent real plus frames" just because he cannot jail after them as if he is not still the one controlling the pace and able to frame trap still. Do you really need MKX Lao plus 27 to think its viable?

Remember what game you are playing. Only Geras and now Jade have MB plus frame specials and guess what, they dont jail either. You are lucky to have plus frames at all

I change my answer to Johnny
Yes they aren't plus frames because he can't jail. It's because of these plus frames that he can actually EXIST in this game, having a 9/10 frame window to actually use his crap buttons. That is the only reason he is not literally F tier, but just mid.

He is NOT controlling the pace, and he has NO frame trap except d4. I suggest you go re-learn what controlling the pace and frame trapping means, then play the actual game so you can realize how much fake crap you just wrote.

Nobody wants for him to jail. Nobody wants for him to have +2 on block with a 9 frame mid.

Everyone just wants the forceballs NOT TO WHIFF AS IT IS A BUG and literally argumenting against this is imbecilic.
And most of all, everyone wants the up-play to stop.

This kind of BULLSHIT that is going arround is the problem. Cage is not the most downplayed char, he's the most upplayed one by literally clueless people that should shut up and actually play the game.

Some clueless afirmations that need to stop"

"incredible mids"
"omfg that cage pressure"
"those cage jails omg"
"BEYOND safe"
"he's just plus on everything"
"OMFG HE HAS A +6 STRING"

GET

A

CLUE

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

The tweets said exactly what you said but apparently you can't comprehend it. Also as replies to Rye there are the two most known Cage mains that agree.
Which directly shits on your post entirely, but let's continue just for the sake of it.

Let's see what you said, OMFG -2 on block HOW OP. OMFG 14 frame mid and 18 frame low HOW OP.

-2 on block. Yes.

Have you ever actually PLAYED mk11? I think not, because you'd know that you will literally get vaporized into oblivion in a 16 frame gap by 90% of the cast.

You have no clue, but let me tell you that a -5 string that leaves you in the face of a 9 frame mid character with staggers and mixups means you just signed your own death warrant.

Forceballs hit on MOST of the cast? MOST? Have you even watched the whiff thread on Cage?
Do you even math?

And these are your arguments that he is top tier? This is the most utter bullshit I have ever seen in my entire life on this site.

I can't make anything happen?? Can you? ROFL. If those top tier players can't , i'm pretty sure we are all clueless of the SSSS+ tier that is Cage.

Yes they aren't plus frames because he can't jail. It's because of these plus frames that he can actually EXIST in this game, having a 9/10 frame window to actually use his crap buttons. That is the only reason he is not literally F tier, but just mid.

He is NOT controlling the pace, and he has NO frame trap except d4. I suggest you go re-learn what controlling the pace and frame trapping means, then play the actual game so you can realize how much fake crap you just wrote.

Nobody wants for him to jail. Nobody wants for him to have +2 on block with a 9 frame mid.

Everyone just wants the forceballs NOT TO WHIFF AS IT IS A BUG and literally argumenting against this is imbecilic.

This kind of BULLSHIT that is going arround is the problem. Cage is not the most downplayed char, he's the most upplayed one by literally clueless people that should shut up and actually play the game.

"incredible mids"
"those cage jails omg"
"BEYOND safe"

GET

A

CLUE
BTW guys.... I rushed MD to the hospital for the aneurysm he had here.

Also, went to Kinko's to print out all your funeral invitations.

MD is fine btw.

I might. ;)

My experience against him is barely being to punish him after I block his stuff, when he hits he always seem to juggle and combo, and his zoning seems like the standard fast NRS zoning.
Maybe I am doing it all wrong, but I tried a variety of things.

I had heard advice to not fight him up close...but I just wanna fight... :D

Mentioning Johnny Cage should not be taken to mean letting off the characters like Sub Zero or Erron Black. But those are givens heh.
Ok, but I'm not saying he's a bad character. I'm simply pointing out that complaining about hitboxes and crushing blows isn't downplaying. They're problems that shouldn't be there.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

-2 on block. Yes.

Do you even math?

"incredible mids"
"those cage jails omg"
"BEYOND safe"

GET

A

CLUE

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It's ok.
It doesn't matter clueless people like this Quack28 person have me on ignore, what is important is that I have nobody on ignore so I can see when they spew ignorant crap about cage so I can prove it's bullshit to the rest of the world.

It's actually good they can't see my posts, otherwise who knows what kind of asinine stuff they might barf out, such as "cage insane pressure" or the likes.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
@M.D. Do you have any match footage of your Johnny by any chance? There’s players like IrishMantis and a training partner that Qwark has that make Johnny seem at least above the level that in your opinion he’s at. If there’s footage earlier in this thread then I apologise, should’ve looked through the previous messages.

you guys made a mistake not having md and half the cage community in your ignore list
He lets his anger get the best of him sometimes, but I've yet to see somebody refute his points.
In my opinion, everybody on this site should be forced to link their gamertag or PSN with their records exposed. That way everybody is out in the open and we can see who exactly is spewing "lol get good" or "the game is balanced" comments. They do this on Waypoint which is great. And lo and behold, it's always the bad the players arguing for broken mechanics and defending bad game design.
The only characters I saw at EVO were the same 4 characters I fight on a daily basis.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
He lets his anger get the best of him sometimes, but I've yet to see somebody refute his points.
In my opinion, everybody on this site should be forced to link their gamertag or PSN with their records exposed. That way everybody is out in the open and we can see who exactly is spewing "lol get good" or "the game is balanced" comments. They do this on Waypoint which is great. And lo and behold, it's always the bad the players arguing for broken mechanics and defending bad game design.
The only characters I saw at EVO were the same 4 characters I fight on a daily basis.
Even though the forceball whiffing is a legit issue, he seems to act as if that's the only thing that Cage can do. He's got the tools to be a great whiff punisher with his advancing normals and a fast backdash.

Even though the forceball whiffing is a legit issue, he seems to act as if that's the only thing that Cage can do. He's got the tools to be a great whiff punisher with his advancing normals and a fast backdash.
Well I thought that way too until I kept grinding out matches with him. He's supposed to be at mid range with fisticuffs, then dash cancelling his normals. I win way more than I lose nowadays since I've been playing back. He's not supposed to be constantly in your face like Jacqui like others have said. Almost every character in the game can't challenge him at mid range.
Still a major pain in ass when you can't land that second force ball though. I don't know how good he is with Cage. I wish more guys here would friend each other so we could learn. I know most of you have Ps4 though. I'm getting one soon. I just hope it's not too much of a difference since the controllers are a lot different.

Wigy

There it is...
I mean just to shovel more shit on the pile.

All the tier lists from top players had cage real low before the patch and he totally vanished from the pro scene so he is hardly secret high tier.

The Johnny community from what I've seen never had him bottom 5, we are all just infuriated that we have no krushing blows, have matchups determined by hitbox bugs and have no decent mids in the most poke mashy nrs game ever.