What's new

Question - A-List Who is still playing Cage?

shura30

Shura
I've lost count of how many times I do dash cancels and the opponent lets me press buttons after for free. That stuff shouldn't exist.
I shouldn't, true but it's still hard to spot (beside a hard read ofc) whether jc will press another poke/string followup or dash/run cancel
especially off 11 or 12
the stamina bar could use some colors tbh

in this patch, jc suffers because the one distinctive trait has been removed while other cancel characters, hellfire, swarmqueen, dragon'sfire, always had other tools to handle a matchup

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
You're overthinking this... It's purely hypothetical. However I disagree with a few of your points.

1) Tournament vigour can have something to do with it, but Irish has a pretty flawless record when it comes to beating Happypow online and when they played the day after, he just wanted to see if offline was the same. Same result. Keep in mind, Happypow also played the rest of us (including Crathen iirc) and beat us just like he did in tournament lol. There's a key difference between us and Irish though; he knows how to deal with the gimmicks really well, which gives him the edge, eventhough Happypow thinks Reptile wins the match up.

2) Being native to any console isn't a big deal at all. He's been playing on PS4 for weeks, if not months. It really doesn't take THAT long to get used to another pad. Having played on PS4/Xbox pads and Hitbox, I can tell you the difference isn't that big.

3) Yes you can always mention this argument, but if you consistently beat someone in casuals, it's a fair assumption that you will win in tournament if you're used to tournament pressure. Of course this isn't true 100% of the time, but winning in tournament when you usually lose any other time is not as common.
Playing in tournament is a lot different than casuals though. For example I've lost to sacky every single time I've played him casually. But I've eliminated him from two tournaments. Just throwing in my two cents :)

To stay on topic sweet Neptune won the community cup with johnny cage and I know kompetitor is still playing him too

Wigy

There it is...
The difference with cage compared to others is up close he has no mid staggerable string.

F112(dvora)
F213(liu)
F212(jax)
B124(cassie)

He has no fucking decent mid pressure without stamina.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
The difference with cage compared to others is up close he has no mid staggerable string.

F112(dvora)
F213(liu)
F212(jax)
B124(cassie)

He has no fucking decent mid pressure without stamina.
Not only that but he is forced to use stamina to even be safe after f3 which is on its own level of stupidity considering how much worse his offense got.

Wigy

There it is...
Not only that but he is forced to use stamina to even be safe after f3 which is on its own level of stupidity considering how much worse his offense got.
Not to mention no decent close up pokes and no fast highs. 9frames is distinctly average. Yey.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Playing in tournament is a lot different than casuals though. For example I've lost to sacky every single time I've played him casually. But I've eliminated him from two tournaments. Just throwing in my two cents :)

To stay on topic sweet Neptune won the community cup with johnny cage and I know kompetitor is still playing him too
Yes tournament is definitely a different situation. I agree on that, however how used you are to that setting has a lot to do with that as well. It's hard to say, but that was just the feeling I had. If those two had faced off, I think Irish would've won.

Tweedy

Noob
I think a portion of the EU community thinks I hate them.

That R1D1 dude banned me from RZA's stream because I said that I think Hayatei is better than Dock, and that Black is better than EU Hellfires.

I'm just brutally honest when it comes to my opinion of players. I've been brutally honest in favor of EU players as well. It just is what it is, don't stereotype me. The real heads know that I stick up for and follow EU guys, more than 95% of the NA guys.

I've said in the past that Mantis is a better Cage than Vendetta, that Madzin is better than Ricans and Tom with Sub, that Foxy is the best Lao ever, etc. I'd say right now that AppyPoe(as RZA calls him), is the best Reptile.

All of it is just opinion. If you don't like my opinion, that's cool.

My rebeloing record is also probably the nicest in the community. Everyone made jokes about how I said Shaolin is the best Kang. What happened at SCR, huh? I play these people, as a result I have a decent idea of what i'm talking about.

Wigy

There it is...
Real talk. Make cages d3 -4

Make ex ball punch armoured version of regular and second bar launches. (Increase scaling or whatever i dont care)

Flip kick will be pretty ass for his only mid armour it has about 4 cm of range.

F34 safe on block.

llabslb

R1D1_998

That R1D1 dude banned me from RZA's stream because I said that I think Hayatei is better than Dock, and that Black is better than EU Hellfires.

I'm just brutally honest when it comes to my opinion of players. I've been brutally honest in favor of EU players as well. It just is what it is, don't stereotype me. The real heads know that I stick up for and follow EU guys, more than 95% of the NA guys.

I've said in the past that Mantis is a better Cage than Vendetta, that Madzin is better than Ricans and Tom with Sub, that Foxy is the best Lao ever, etc. I'd say right now that AppyPoe(as RZA calls him), is the best Reptile.

My rebeloing record is also probably the nicest in the community. Everyone made jokes about how I said Shaolin is the best Kang. What happened at SCR, huh? I play these people, as a result I have a decent idea of what i'm talking about.
I was just going to copy and paste your response to good dragon but I'll just get straight to the point. Often I find NA players making unfair comparisons with EU players and it pisses me off. Yeah maybe I was an asshole but I just want to say the reason why I banned you in RZAs stream. It wasn't because of the dock thing, it was PURELY for science. I needed to test my new mod powers, I saw you and... You know. Anyways, I don't hate you. Forum dwelling dungeon troll man.

Tweedy

Noob
It goes both ways, and often the EU guys are more ridiculous. Hayatei is a proven top 5 MKXL player with multiple top 3s at 10k pot bonus majors. Dock staggers B1 in 200 ping and still loses. It just is what it is.

That comparison is as ridiculous as comparing Foxy to an NA Lao. If I compared an NA Lao to Foxy, it would be shot down and i'd be laughed at. You compare Dock to Hayatei, and i'm a bad guy who should be banned for sticking up for the NA guy.

Please. One time I got DMed praise because I defended VSFighting as a legitimate tournament on Red Hot Sundays. Somehow i'm an EU hater for shooting down the equivalent of comparing an NA Lao to Foxy?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Real talk. Make cages d3 -4

Make ex ball punch armoured version of regular and second bar launches. (Increase scaling or whatever i dont care)

Flip kick will be pretty ass for his only mid armour it has about 4 cm of range.

F34 safe on block.
No low poke thats 7frames or less should be -4 (-5 at least)

ex ball punch should be armored on wake-up but not be launched for another bar, stuff like that should be rare.

His F3 needs to be -5, F34 can stay minus in a-list if this is the case.

flipkick should have no armor but launch (even if its only corner or a shadow kick midscreen) so he can have meterless combos of some degree from his standing 1

Last edited:

YUZU_RZA

Aftershock | Crystalline | Metallic

OmG you forgot my Tremor Jeezzz !!

anyway, about Johnny Cage !

he's still very solid, I played a lot with asodimazze & mantis since 2015 ! A-list is definitely tournament viable and got the juice. You just have to put in work !!

it's remind me when EVERYBODY said that tremor was trash and "not viable" in the MKXL Patch and I just proved that people are wrong by putting a lot of work in the lab/match up etc with the 3 variations ( but mostly Aftershock & Crystalline ) !

I think people should spend more time practicing than crying on forums ....

Rza out, Peace.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
No low poke thats 7frames or less should be -4 (-5 at least)

ex ball punch should be armored on wake-up but not be launched for another bar, stuff like that should be rare.

His F3 needs to be -5, F34 can stay minus in a-list if this is the case.

flipkick should have no armor but launch (even if its only corner or a shadow kick midscreen) so he can have meterless combos of some degree from his standing 1
I agree with the d3 thing but unfortunately half the cast does, u tried playing footsies with kano, couldnt get a poke in edgeways vs jupe.

Played cassies/laos/kano's that poke bait into combos, its a thing. You have a rushdown character that gets punished for using his only fast poke, makes no sense.

Last edited: