What's new

Who in your opinion is the best character in the entire game ?

Who is the best character in the entire game?

• Total voters

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Dude, do you know who slips is? Did you really just ask slips if he doesn't understand frames?! wtf is going on right now...
I know who he is, do we now base statements on who it is stating them? If it is just a popularity contest then I guess I shouldn't have bothered speaking, but if not then it doesn't matter who you are if you think Kanos B1 or Scorps F2 overhead are comparing with Cassies B1 in the neutral... I'm just explaining why it's better, I didn't say he doesn't understand how frames work, take your condescending BS elsewhere

Wigy

There it is...
First of all I'm not just gonna take your word for it when the numbers are right there and could suggest otherwise. Some normals are farther reaching than Cassie's b1 but are just a few frames slower like Tanya's f2, Shinnok's f2 or Kano's Cybernetic b1. Or they are slower but also an overhead like Erron Black's overhead. Scorpion's which also crushes lows. Ermac's f4 is one frame slower than Cassie's b1 but it's also an overhead. These are all reasonable trade-offs when it comes to speed, range and utility. Not to mention all these long range normals are snuffed by d3's and d4's anyway plus you have to worry about high priority special moves before committing to normals as well.

Cassie's b1 is nothing special and shouldn't be considered why she is A tier in my opinion. She has to get through everyone's keep-out meta before even applying her pressure game. Much less applying her 50/50 which takes meter to be safe and even more meter to vortex.
You've also forgot about my boy ronins strings b112 is safe on block crazy reach 11 frame mid, oh and it launches for full combo. crazy reach +2 12 frame mid in 21 and a 15 frame overhead that probably has the best reach in the game for its speed.

All of this you can spend a bar to make +6 or something. Can't remember right now and also blade toss blows up armoured reversals, and is safe. Lol

If good mids makes you s tier ronin is #1

Im with you this one slips, cassie is the current character to hate, not s tier

Last edited:

God Confirm

Y

It's not about comparing mids. Everyone can stop these mids with quick d4's. I'm comparing she's not the only one to have quick mids that all character's have to use quick d4's to beat. The recipe to beat her b1 is the same as beating a lot of character's best tools. So why is hers such a huge deal? Makes no sense.
Because if you try to use your advancing in the neutral at the same time as she uses hers, you lose, and she goes into full combo, that extra step of range and additional frames on MOST other moves go a log way in the hands of the right player. This does an excellent job of shutting down other characters footsies in the neutral, you can't live off D4. Hell, some characters D4 are literally slower as well as shorter range. And there's also the risk reward, even if you do win with something like Scorps B2 or even Reptiles F2, there is no comparison in payoff, Cassie gets much more off hers for the same amount of bar, let alone the payoff you get for a D4.

Also, I didn't say it's a super big deal, or guaranteed to win you the neutral or something dumb like that. I just said that objectively, it's the best in comparison to other characters (I think Reptiles gives it a run for its money however) and it's just one of many reasons that she is top tier. Not off the B1 alone, I too disagree with anyone saying that.

Luckily, nobody is saying that @Wigy just seems to be yo

Wigy

There it is...
i like it when people are comparing cassies overall strengths with whole cast strengths
she has best of everything
She has no good advancing armour.
Average jip/njp
Terrible uppercut
Counterzoning is only good in one variation with very tight execution.
Less than average damage midscreen.
Is very meter reliant for damage+safety
Very stamina reliant for damage of any kind.
Only + on block frames she gets are off strings with holes.

Not to say she isn't an excellent character, she absolutely is, but 'best at everything' is a rather large stretch.

God Confirm

Average jip/njp
Terrible uppercut

Not to say she isn't an excellent character, she absolutely is, but 'best at everything' is a rather large stretch.
Gotta agree, she's a great character but let's not go crazy haha! She is definitely outclassed in a lot of areas. The overall package is top 3 IMO but she still plays MKX for the most part

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
The best part of all this is that Bo Rai Cho is probably going to be even more delusional and salt-inducing than Lao.

I can't wait to see what this debate looks like this time next year.
Something tells me Bo Rai Cho is going to be pretty set up and mix up heavy. I imagine a drunken stance w low high and grab options. As well as some tricky strings. So yeah, I see this character being a salt miner lol

Average jip/njp
Terrible uppercut

did you really think that i thought she had best of everything? i meant it overall (i dont consider her the best but S tier for sure)

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Something tells me Bo Rai Cho is going to be pretty set up and mix up heavy. I imagine a drunken stance w low high and grab options. As well as some tricky strings. So yeah, I see this character being a salt miner lol
It will have nothing on crawl cancels into Mouth command grabs made safe by option select tail whips cancelled into Baraka stabs. Don't forget the OTG ground pounce.

P.S. Oki wall cling side switch input error whiff punishs. Mark my words.

omooba

fear the moobs
Pumped up can EX gotcha grab out of any delay. Not saying that alone makes it a 5-5, but are you just saying he loses to her and Lao because they're considered top 3 by a lot of people on here?

As a Tempest player who has played the match up quite a bit, I don't understand how it isn't 5/5. Maybe i'm just being biased towards one of my characters.
i play jax and he looses to cassie bitch

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
i play jax and he looses to cassie bitch
Does he though?

I know the F2 hurtbox issue is annoying as it whiffs Cassie when your relatively close but is it enough to call it a bad MU, plus Jaxes universal projectile gives Cassie trouble

Unless I'm overlooking a few things here?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think what Slips us trying to say is she has really good tools, but she really needs to burn resources for little reward mid screen

B1 is better than most them moves but I think he's implying it's not enough to make the char drastically sky rocket pass the other chars

God Confirm

I think what Slips us trying to say is she has really good tools, but she really needs to burn resources for little reward mid screen

B1 is better than most them moves but I think he's implying it's not enough to make the char drastically sky rocket pass the other chars
I agree, it's not enough on its own, however she has the best advancing mid the best armor,and everything else that might not be the best but still downright awesome, that's what makes her better than most everyone else. Opinion.