What's new

Who do you main, and how do you feel about them currently?

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I’d say at this point I play Cetrion more than Sonya because Sonya gives me guilt so.

I think Cetrion is fantastic. She has amazing AAs in s1 and wall which is crazy for someone with zoning as good as hers.

Her poke game is pretty strong because her d1 is solid, d3 low profiles everything, and d4 has crazy reach. D4 into wall is also insanely good in general because if wall hits they have to guess between f2 series and throw.

Wall is such a strong tool in general but in some MUs it’s extremely oppressive if they can’t challenge a far wall AMP on flawless block.

F2 series, s1 series, and s2 series are all very good buttons, the opponent usually respects what you do with f2 because of all the different types of staggers and cancels it has. S11 also has no hurtbox which makes it amazing for challenging advancing buttons.

Her zoning is pretty potent, boulder forces your opponent to react or they get jailed unless they start flawless blocking. Beam on hit forces your opponent to respect your next options. Geyser can lead to 20% from almost anywhere on the screen which is crazy for a projectile. Vine grab can duck under high projectiles which is useful in zoning wars against characters who use highs frequently. Teleport is obviously insanely good since it can be done in air and get you out of the corner freely and reposition when you want to.

I guess her damage is just average but that’s not a bad con to have at all. She’s more difficult to make work than some other top tier characters but no one in MK11 is rocket science.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Kung Lao

He's got a bit more to him than most characters in this game but Z-Hat into 50/50 is pretty much the way to play him. I think his neutral is underrated and he can be super oppressive and some of the anti poke war paths and okizeme options are solid.
After playing only zhat, lotus fist is refreshing to play for a change, lots of swag. :)

Matix218

Get over here!
Scorpion (reborn).

He is good but not as stupid good as the teleport complaint threads on TYM would have you believe. Needs nothing buff wise. Should have his teleport amp on block removed just so people will stop complaining. Good mid range mids. Good pokes. Mediocre anti air normals. Great jump kick. Decent combo damage. Very usable krushing blows. Good mindgames when using teleport cancel in pressure. Obviously his best specials are super punishable as they should be. Super solid character. No need to have an alt character as i dont personally think any matchup is bad enough to require a counterpick.

kcd117

Noob
Kano: when a character’s D1 is his best button you know he is low tier. The good thing is, I think he is pretty easy to fix and I expect him to be a lot better with the next patch. Simple stuff like making his B3 + on block amd his F4 poke immune would already do him wonders.

Jade: she does ridiculously low dmg, and I don’t think that is changing. She is good but punishing people for 15% BnBs is not really punishing, and for that reason I think she’ll always be a character that can be abused by unsafe stuff and needs to work hard to win against good players.

Shang: he is perfect, I don’t think he’ll get anything other than a D3 nerf that is really needed.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I didn't play MKX much, but when I did it was 90% Erron. After just playing RDR2, picking him up when this dropped seemed natural.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Johnny: Hitbox issues aside, I just can't help but really like Johnny's playstyle. Making hard reads, having proper spacing, punishing mistakes, you're gonna work for your win and you're gonna be a better player for it. He's a surprisingly good counter pick for Geras, at least Infinite Warden. In his current form, he's not for the faint of heart.

Cassie: The Neutral Queen, can play at pretty much any distance, and has an answer for pretty much anything. Not the best damage, but that's to be expected when the rest of her toolset is so good.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Scorpion.
Bottom tier.
Needs an overhead starter, his b1 to be 9f startup and you shouldn't have to amplify spear to get a combo, it's unsafe enough as it is.
Also his f34 shouldn't have a gap and f3 needs to be 0 on block.
A 6f jab wouldn't hurt but the above changes alone should make him more competitive.
Respect for playing such a trash ass character

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Shao Kahn is really fun and it always feels like an uphill battle. When I do win I feel like I earned it. If I cared about winning like that I wouldn’t still be playing him though, for sure lol. He just needs some quicker moves and universal KBs then I’d be happy.

I’m in the process of learning Shang but I haven’t taken him online much yet.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Kitana, and Jade if I had to pick. I enjoy Shang and Skarlet too. Definitely, plan on playing as Sindel and Nightwolf. I play as others too though but these are all my favs. I wish Kitana's hair though was more of a fancy updo instead of a bun. I cannot stand buns on men and women. But she pulls it off, however it would be nice to have a skin with MK2 hair. I guess as far as how I play them I mix it up and keep them off balance. really, you somewhat have to do this with all characters I think.

Kaballin and nike ermacking since mk3 and i did not spend hours learning his cancels in mk9 to ever drop him lol. But i am having an affair with cassie since mkx if i feel bored playing the same character for hours and hours.

Raider

Noob
My main is Jade and 2nd main is Skarlet but i am struggling with her, especially against some characters. But if i am being honest there is no character that blew me away and really impressed me in MK11, sadly.

I never planned to main Jade. Before the game was released i wanted to play D'Vorah, Skarlet and Kitana.

Kitana really disappointed me in this game, i find her very boring compared to MKX.

D'Vorah... do i need to say anything?? I tried, but for now it's just not working. Makes me so sad, because her design in this game is fucking impressive. But she is just too slow and i feel like they overdid with "gimmicks".

Skarlet ended being my 2nd main. I find her interesting in this game but like i said i can't be constantly good with her for some reason.

I don't know what can i say about Jade, both her and Skarlet are mid tier and their damage is not really great but i ended up liking her gameplay the most. She is much more interesting than i thought she will be.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
Johnny, I mained him because he was considered low tier for a while, in reality he's middish.
The only other reason I main him is so I can constantly flip off people in ranked.

Gaxkang

Banned
I been playing Kano a lot. When I win fights I pretty much don't use any combos (which probably annoys people who got and know combos). It's a lot of b4 and f4, and D1 throw mixup's, and timed/random kano balls (risky, mostly to get knockdowns than big damage so). And hopefully a krushing blow sometimes.

I think getting combos going with Kano is limited anyways, and kinda limited in damage anyways.

All his strings start with highs....which is really eh.

He has to rely on D1 a lot....and can't do anything guaranteed off it. I don't even think you can combo kano ball off a d3.

He feels like he should have more moves part of his base roster. His tournament versions are so-so.

Kano just doesn't have cheap stuff other characters have, and meta in this is cheap stuff really heh.

Last edited:

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Sonya Blade. She's so easy to use and her powerful moveset makes mincemeat out of my opponents! I'm not surprised she is proving so massively popular with fans online.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I main cetrion and I think she's top 5. Also her s1 is the best normal in the game