What's new

Who do you main, and how do you feel about them currently?

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
No commentary on other characters, just who you main and how you feel about them in their current form.

I main Cetrion and I feel that she has very strong tools, but nothing that can be thoughtlessly thrown out or abused. As of right now I don't think this character needs any tweaking, but I also know that sometimes I get away with murder, because my opponents don't know the following; f2,3,4 is mid, low, overhead, and the last hit cannot be canceled into anything that creates a mix up. If you block High-low-high, the only thing I can do is start doing f2,3 and then throw. Her animation is misleading, all of her specials start very slow and take a long time to recover, she appears to have recovered on screen a good bit faster than she actually has. Lastly, none of her strings are plus on block. Her only plus on block normals are highs. You can also beat/trade with amplified wall on block. Some people are putting her on the S-Tier but as this information becomes more widespread I think those perceptions of her will drop. I thin she's in the middle of the A-tier.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I don't think I've ever had a more potent love-hate relationship with any other previous main like the one I have with Johnny in this game. I don't know what's going on mentally for me, but I straight up don't have much fun with this game playing anyone else other than Johnny, and when he works, he's an absolute blast to play. Some of the most fun I've ever had in a fighting game...

When he works.

But someone completely fucked his hitboxes, so he is disgustingly inconsistent when it comes to the scenarios in which some of his most important tools whiff, particularly when the opponent is crouch blocking. This makes him basically unplayable against damn near every female character in the roster, as well as a few small hitbox male characters like Raiden, Kano, and Kabal. Bad matchups, I can handle. Working hitboxes won't make the Jade MU any less difficult, but losing simply because my most crucial tools are rendered completely useless just by crouch blocking has got to be one of the most infuriating things I've ever experienced in a fighter.

Were his tools to work consistently across the cast, I can see Johnny being a very solid character. He can already hold his own, imo, against some of the upper tiers like Jax, Baraka, Scorpion, and Geras. I think we'd be able to add the likes of Jacqui and Cassie to that list if he functioned properly against them. If/When these issues are addressed and fixed, I'll dive back into the game good and proper, but I've definitely not been playing anywhere near as much lately as more and more people realize just how easily they can render Johnny's gameplan useless. It sucks, but all I can do is wait and see what the future holds at this point because like I said, when he works, he's so much fun to play. I just want him to work consistently.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
No commentary on other characters, just who you main and how you feel about them in their current form.

I main Cetrion and I feel that she has very strong tools, but nothing that can be thoughtlessly thrown out or abused. As of right now I don't think this character needs any tweaking, but I also know that sometimes I get away with murder, because my opponents don't know the following; f2,3,4 is mid, low, overhead, and the last hit cannot be canceled into anything that creates a mix up. If you block High-low-high, the only thing I can do is start doing f2,3 and then throw. Her animation is misleading, all of her specials start very slow and take a long time to recover, she appears to have recovered on screen a good bit faster than she actually has. Lastly, none of her strings are plus on block. Her only plus on block normals are highs. You can also beat/trade with amplified wall on block. Some people are putting her on the S-Tier but as this information becomes more widespread I think those perceptions of her will drop. I thin she's in the middle of the A-tier.
Bro... Lmao. Do you play on PS4? I’d love to run a set with you, because Cetrion is dumb. She is one of the many characters I’ve played extensively. F234 is godlike. Stagger f2 alone, f23 wall, f23 amp wall, f2 beam, f2 grab, f2 f2, keep the opponent guessing and you’re golden. Also, B3 is great. Is it 10 or 11f? A zoner with a fast enough mid. She can not be cornered. She has full screen block strings. Boulder into geyser. She dictates matchups. Her 11 string is fantastic for literally everything. 21 is also great. Her throws are great. Literally only her uppercut and damage are even excusably criticized. I see you downplay her pretty often, and let me tell ya, you gotta be on some crazy stuff to not see her in the top ten in this game. Maybe Shang gives her a run for her money as best zoner, but to me, her teleport and pushback on blocked boulders makes her uncontested best Zoner.

I’m maiming Liu now, and he’s fantastic. I hope he stays the exact same for this games life.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Kano. He's a mess. In MKX he could play a game of spacing and go in at times. Loved that style. In MK11 he's limited to risky rushdown with little reward. It's not my style. I like safety and outsmarting my opponent and now he's all about guessing. When I switch to baraka (I even play bone picker) it's much easier and I can squeeze out wins with less effort.

But I'm sticking with him. Loyalty has rewarded me before and it makes any tech you find more likely to be unknown, which satisfies the lab rat in me.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Kitana is absolutely fucking boring in this game and i hate the fact i'm loyalist and i'm absolutely disappointed with the character.
She has a sub-par projectile, she's literally just one string which is b+2.

In other games i had such fun learning different conversions and strings but now it's just really sad.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I ple sub zero an eror balck
sory for bed spel, i hav bren disese

Seriously though, they both suck.
Johnny.. well enough's been said.
Scarlet is a walking gimmick, why pick her over Cetrion? or Kabal?

Thingy

Retired account
I have been "maining" Sonya. She is crazy good online. She has the mix, the damage, and an amazing projectile. When NRS nerfs her, it would 100% be warranted for the online community. Offline, playing against Sonya is not as much of a challenge compared to online, in my opinion. Hopefully NRS doesn't go too crazy with nerfing her.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Raiden

Fun shenanigans (especially with teleport) but I already feel like I'm outgrowing him. He kind of falls apart against good players that know the match up. In KL I won most matches purely by jailing people (who didn't realize they were in jail) and were pressing buttons, and using Stormcell against people who didn't know it was full combo punishable. Bonus points for abusing teleport, even though it is full combo punishable, albeit hard to do online.

His main solid offense is whiff punishing (great range and a combo extender in his main variation with Storm Cell). Against a patient opponent, Raiden is relegated to a strike/throw mix up on offense around F3 (-7) which is not hit confirmable, or B1 string which is jab combo punishable (or you can make it safe, but it costs a bar.) From a block, Raiden is in the unenviable position of either yoloing a special to surprise someone, or blowing a bar if it's available (still punishable by some chrs).

Raiden's zoning tools are really quite bad. His main projectile is around 28 frames on start up, I think? On amp it doesn't KB. Compare to Zonya's 12f projectile. His directed lightning is -29 on block anywhere on the screen, which is begging for a punish. It also still counts as a projectile for things like Jade's purple stuff.

Raijin's discharge is interesting, but that variation lacks a combo extender and the other two moves are junk. You also lose teleport, which hurts his fun factor immensely.

Thematically, I love the God of Thunder. Gameplay wise? I feel like he's a noob killer and I want a more solid character to grow into. I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Skarlet is more fun than i expected, she’s my main but as an ex kitana main i am sad that my character feels butchered and unlike herself

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Kotal Kahn so I'm forced to play others until he gets some help, Shang Tsung since he is awesome but can't wait for Sindel, Nightwolf and Spawn

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Kotal Kahn so I'm forced to play others until he gets some help, Shang Tsung since he is awesome but can't wait for Sindel, Nightwolf and Spawn

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Picking up lui kang he’s really fun right now but jade overall . Jade damage doesn’t compare to lui kang damage . She doesn’t have his KB punish kick . She doesn’t have 359 KB . Overall lui kang is top tier charcter for me

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I'm head over heels in love with MK11 D'vorah, buzzed variation. It's a love I haven't felt since MK9 Quan and all my rune meter math forumals. She has that kind of depth and I'm finally inspired again. Some say she's bottom tier. Some mid. She's probably the very bottom of mid tier. She's weak and needs help, but she has come awesome dirt and is super fun to play and requires a lot of thought.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I play Skarlet, i like her a lot, but i'm currently not satisfied the way some of her design took direction.

Skarlet used to be a very technical character, with a ninja moveset, her zoning didn't do much damage and was mostly a way to break flow of other characters so she could get in, now she is a character with 5 strings, 1 juggle combo, and her 3rd button has no command attached to it outside of a whip.
They still gave her some of the tool of MK9 but re-imagined, i'm fine with that, but what really gets me off putting are
I think her parry its slow, considering she can jab faster than she can parry, dealing with gaps in oportunities you should parry you can just jab, which makes her parry kinda redundant at times, not only that but since all her strings outside of 44 have a gap, we think the idea would be to condition players to either fb her or not, but that doesn't even work for most of the cast, because they have a better u3 which comes faster than her parry :/
I think her B1 is too slow
I think her juggle limitations could be a bit relaxed so she could sneak more hits in without them falling too quickly like 1,2 string, b1, 2 string, able to combo if she AAs with s4 into bf2 amp, i would give anything for a little combo variety and Skarlet ones are pretty dull and this is very off putting.
D1 its the only good anti pressure poke that she has, and its a 1f link for a high jail to actually get out of pressure, which makes me think all her other pokes are mostly useless upclose.
Too much restriction on bf2amp recovery makes her most optimal corner combos excessively difficult to do, besides it launches them all the way back to fullscreen.
her AA's suck
Her U3 can be low profiled and its a mid
her U2 has no horizontal range at all.
B2 Krushing Blow its her weakest KB and doesn't really feel that practical
her this attached special shouldn't just exist, not only its slow to start, its slow to recover, Skarlet actually takes more damage than the opponent while at it, its not like it matters as much, but any other move in her list would be much better than this one, not that they're good or anything, i find most of her moveset outside of the universal ones and the tournament equipped pretty unispiring.

Maybe i just need my 3 to have more commands on it
Maybe i just need new movesets, but this one its kinda in conflict with me.

I don't think I've ever had a more potent love-hate relationship with any other previous main like the one I have with Johnny in this game. I don't know what's going on mentally for me, but I straight up don't have much fun with this game playing anyone else other than Johnny, and when he works, he's an absolute blast to play. Some of the most fun I've ever had in a fighting game...

When he works.

But someone completely fucked his hitboxes, so he is disgustingly inconsistent when it comes to the scenarios in which some of his most important tools whiff, particularly when the opponent is crouch blocking. This makes him basically unplayable against damn near every female character in the roster, as well as a few small hitbox male characters like Raiden, Kano, and Kabal. Bad matchups, I can handle. Working hitboxes won't make the Jade MU any less difficult, but losing simply because my most crucial tools are rendered completely useless just by crouch blocking has got to be one of the most infuriating things I've ever experienced in a fighter.

Were his tools to work consistently across the cast, I can see Johnny being a very solid character. He can already hold his own, imo, against some of the upper tiers like Jax, Baraka, Scorpion, and Geras. I think we'd be able to add the likes of Jacqui and Cassie to that list if he functioned properly against them. If/When these issues are addressed and fixed, I'll dive back into the game good and proper, but I've definitely not been playing anywhere near as much lately as more and more people realize just how easily they can render Johnny's gameplan useless. It sucks, but all I can do is wait and see what the future holds at this point because like I said, when he works, he's so much fun to play. I just want him to work consistently.
Johnny stays my main but he is so broken it's not even fun to play him anymore. I'm waiting for a patch to be released to play him again, they'll probably not patch the whiffing issues (I doubt they'll ever fix them) but at least we'll probably have decent Krushing Blows in the first balance patch.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassie Cage, my soulmate <3

Well considering she's the best char in the game, all that I would change is her outfits. Like plz NRS, her tux from MKX, her workout outfit with the undercut? I would buy that shit in a heartbeat. Her outfits are dull and ugly and it makes me sad.

Kano, my side bae.

Kano needs a lot of help, as most of you know. There's an issue when a character's best button is his D1 mixup into yolo ball, spine setter or ground tackle. Some of his highs gotta go, and his whiffing issues all add up to make him a really low tier character. I still have a lot of fun playing with him, more than Cassie even if she has lots of combo options. Which says a lot about how vanilla Cassie is in this game.

maining cassie and I got a feeling way too many ppl try to counterpick her online, seems like almost anyone got a pocket jade ready in case they
run into a cassie lol