What's new

Who Are You Looking To Main So Far?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm surprised there aren't gonna be more Scorpion players. He is overused but his character breakdown made him look awesome. Scorpion Ninjutsu in MKX and MK11 Scorpion were really satisfying to play and rewarded learning the game heavily.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I'm surprised there aren't gonna be more Scorpion players. He is overused but his character breakdown made him look awesome. Scorpion Ninjutsu in MKX and MK11 Scorpion were really satisfying to play and rewarded learning the game heavily.
He is definitely gonna be one of my picks.

So far, my list is

1. Reptile
  2. Smoke
  3. Baraka
  4. Scorpion
  5. Probably Mileena
  6. Ashrah
  7. Tanya
  8. Rain
  9. Havik
Insane that so many characters all seem fun to me.

ImpostorOak

Goro is a Pokémon
I really hope that some lore logical Main/Kameo pairings have synergy.

Personally, I'd like:
Liu/Lao
Smoke/Scorpion

But Li Mei looks interesting, I'm on the fence with Reptile, I wanna see more Havik, and I'm still waiting for Nitara.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
For context, my mains in previous NRS MKs:

MK9 : Smoke and Kitana. But I also played Scorpion, Sub, Reptile, Ermac, Rain, and Noob decently.
MKX: Scorpion, D'Vorah, and Jacqui.
MK11: Scorpion. (I didn't like mk11...)

MK1: Smoke FOR SURE. But probably Li Mei secondary. I love playing female kombatants, but they seem to always end up my secondary. Also looking at all the rest of the ninjas, Reiko, and Havik.

I adored all the ninjas as a 6 year old playing MK '92, and 35-year-old me has not changed :laughing:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Kenshi is gonna be the main, alongside Kitana and Sub. But legit want to try out everyone so far, especially Ashrah, Smoke, Rain, and Li Mei.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I don’t know. And honestly I don’t believe most people who say they know. Especially if their “main” turns out to be low tier.

Juxtapose

Warrior
I don’t know. And honestly I don’t believe most people who say they know. Especially if their “main” turns out to be low tier.
I always main Mileena and Kitana in every NetherRealm Studios Mortal Kombat game, regardless of tier placement. Unless I truly can't stand how Mileena plays (I already enjoyed Kitana via the Stress Test), my character loyalty will continue.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I always main Mileena and Kitana in every NetherRealm Studios Mortal Kombat game, regardless of tier placement. Unless I truly can't stand how Mileena plays (I already enjoyed Kitana via the Stress Test), my character loyalty will continue.
Why do you play them?

Juxtapose

Warrior
Why do you play them?
Love of the characters.

I used to play Scorpion mostly in the original trilogy, and when I picked up Mortal Kombat (2011) at first. After a bit I found I was Scorpion-ed out, and needed someone new. Mileena had a fast and aggressive play style and she was top tier in Mortal Kombat II, so I gave her a try and loved her.

A few months later, I was watching tournaments and was absolutely blown away by what @16 Bit was doing with Kitana, and decided to pick her up too.

Ive stuck with both for every game since.

Plop

Kombatant
I usually main Baraka in any game he's in and, although I'll more than likely main him in this one too, Reptile, Havik and Smoke are looking pretty tasty.
Reptile usually ends up being my 2nd or 3rd in most games, but depending on his gameplay he might knock Baraka off the top spot this time. Havik too tbh, but Smoke will more than likely be a third.

Plop

Kombatant
What I'm more indecisive about is which kameo I'm gonna main. So many baddass options and we haven't even seen them all

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Honestly easier to say what characters I'm not gonna play. My problem is always that I want to play everything, and in this game everyone looks just incredible so far.

My main picks are probably Ashrah, Tanya and Mileena (we didn't see a lot of her but she does look flashy), I'm probably gonna play some Smoke, Rain, Kitana, Reptile, Baraka and Li Mei, too. And at least two of the characters who haven't been announced yet are in my list for sure. (I always at least end up trying to play every single female character, so...)

kabelfritz

Warrior
thats because this is tym and the hardcore fans have developed a differentiated character taste.
just wait for month one, when 4/5 online players are scorpion. but actually i expect a lot of liu kang too.

Zviko

Warrior
Not many commit to Scorpion because like you said, he's overused and usually quite basic but don't worry. 90% of the scrubs you will face are gonna be Sub Zeros, Liu Kangs but mostly Scorpions just like in every game.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
ERMACCCC

Smoke or Liu Kang as secondary because they look sick. But fuck Reptile looks sick also. So many options.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I won't be playing the game for a while because I don't have a PS5 and won't be buying it just for it. When I do get one, probably sometime during next year, I'll definitely use Bi Han, he is my favorite MK character and I've been waiting for decades for him to be human again, I literally thought it would never happen, so I don't care how he plays, I'll be using him 100%.
With the rest I have no idea yet, and I won't until I actually play them.
With the Kameos I will definitely be using Motaro, he is just too awesome, and Darrius, because I find the fact that he is in so surprisingly dumb that I can't help but want to play him, it's just so amusing. Besides those I'll have to wait to see how they mix with whatever characters I use, but those two I know I'll use 100%.

The Hex Man

Dojo Trainee
Havik gonna have so much tech for him. Second favorite mk character nex to scorp. Maybe geras and some raka on the side prolly. Now watch when the game release it's gonna be somebody else except havik. Hea gonna be my main if he trash or not. Lol

Johnny cage easily. While gonna take some time to get his cancels and pressure down, genuinely love johnny feeling like an in your face pressure/mix character. Throw in a kameo to cover projectiles and hes gonna be scary.

ItsYaBoi

Warrior
My boi Reptile, Sub is gonna be in the top rotation too. Really curious how Reiko will play, may chuck him if he's cool. Hyped for Ermac's gameplay possibilities (regardless of his look lol)

Tempted to chuck Mileena in too, I loved Kitana in the stress test but I've always preferred Mileena's gameplay.