What's new

Who are the biggest winners and losers of the patch?

Feels like the mechanic is for very specific instances. Also doesnt help some characters get better usage like kotal
From what i can tell it feels like they were very worried about anyone who could restand into a combo.

It makes some sense, as if you've got an actual mixup on the breaker it means you get a one chance break before being grounded and combo'd, but I still think that'd be fine if they're giving up damage (which I'm pretty sure they would be). With that in mind I don't hate everything about the air to air example in the video (gamble btween the low damage armor break, or just spearing them for a combo i guess). Still hate most of it though. The overhead flat out whiffing on an uppercut is just....fucking what?

On the brighter side it does look like dvorah might be getting some teeth finally. Armor break on the bug restand is pretty great and it's not a terrible ender even if they don't.

What are you talking about he got a KB on his back throw, his throw game got a lot scarier. But his armor break... I feel like at first glance its garbage but if you look a little deeper it can be really good.
Think about it if he hits an air to air and the opponent breaks away, he has time to use it and get good damage, maybe not every armorr break was made to be used the same way. I could be wrong tho...
from me just playing with it I was able to do some stuff with the armor break but honestly scorpion got placebo buffs. He got nothing he needed and while getting a kb on back throw is nice I would actually like hitbox changes for my mids bc as of now my mids are getting low profiled by certain normals, and to have my d4 back it was a dumb nerf and should be reverted

Sonzai

Noob
Every patch where buzzed d'vorah her overhead jumps over crouching opponents is a patch where she is a loser
The fact that the damage got buffed but the whiff issue still remains somehow makes it even worse

Arachnaphobia got some nice damage buffs en the restand armor break is better then i first thought though so our favorite insect queen can't really complain

Sazbak

Noob
People will surely go out of their way to please you when you called them "fucking idiots".
They ARE a fucking idiots though since they didn't even test what they released. Scorp's armor break is near useless.
People paid for MK11 so that should be enough motivation for NRS to test their stuff before release.
It doesn't matter how offended they are because someone called them idiots(which they are...or more like incompetent)
they should do their job properly.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
It's weird, it feels like some characters "won" by basically not being tweaked at all, rather than by actually being buffed. I think Cassie is great, and I'm amazed they made her better.

Biggest loser is anyone with a wired connection still seeing dat lag. Mind-blown that there's still no filter.

MuMuGuy

Noob
Aftermath Prom King and Queen: Raiden and Jacqui (by virtue of remaining unscathed)

Went to Aftermath Prom stag: Johnny and Sindel

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Apologize.

What about the additional krushing blow on the back throw, though?
Yeah that was a nice buff for Scorpion. Unfortunately his b3 armor breaker is terrible. So compared to the rest of the cast, he’s more than likely worse in comparison than he was before this patch. But I wouldn’t say he’s the biggest loser at all. Gaining an additional throw KB is definitely not nothing.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This guy hates nrs soo bad I dont understand
Is he wrong, though? He showed every example of why it doesn't work. I feel the same can be said for many characters, including Shao Kahn, who I tested last night. NRS introduced a new shitty mechanic to counteract an old shitty mechanic.

Also, I don't think Chernyy hates NRS. It's clear that he loves MK and is frustrated with NRS' decisions when it comes to this game. Yeah, he come off as a bit of a dick when he calls NRS out on shit, but I appreciate his honesty when it comes to how he feels about the game. I feel like there's way too many streamers and content creators who just act like they love MK11 because it generates money. Having said that, I can't blame them for doing so.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Seems like everyone focused so much on breakaways and completely forgot that these armor breaking moves also work as meaty against Fatal Blow wake up.
That's probably the only real practical use for some characters. Normal meaty and block also works.

NHDR

Noob
Its clear Johnny got nerfed, but are the nerfs that bad? He's still + on block it looks like.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Winners: Spellmaster Shang, Raiden and people who like the game

Losers: Liu, Johnny and random variations that weren't changed while everyone else got buff