What's new

Who are the biggest winners and losers of the patch?

Very hot take. Like piping hot, drunken hot take (i don't even have these characters):

-Robocop top 5 or top 3 best zoner in the game. Tier placement to be determined. Patch winner.

-Sheeva best anti zoner FREE. Hovers outside the top 5 even, maybe...??? Patch winner.

-Shao Kahn can compete but still bottom 5. Patch loser :'(. But V3 now has potential and is slept on.

-Johnny still very good and best whiff punisher in game BUT no longer top 5 with loss of super plus frames. Tier placement to be determined but still I would have to say patch loser.

-NRS wants the face of the MK11 tournament scene to be Joker and Jacqui. Top 8 of any tourny will never not have them. They duck major nerfs and are designed from ground up to be top 3 or top 5. Both patch winners. Cassie can potentially be included here but i'm talking out of my ass because I know almost nothing about her. Lui and Geras could be included here too.

-NRS DLC will (almost) always be viable. Important men wearing suits in skyscrapers decided these things while Boon and Paublo wait outside the door like expectant mothers. I have no idea where im going with this but I'm angry.

These are my (way too early and huge chance of being wrong) predictions.

Last edited:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Cetrion born again might be worth looking at now . Been labbing her and her tornado move now does 2 hits. First one starts pretty fast and on block its wow ...:D You can do it after every string without a gap . Its safe at -4 and the pushback is insane , it pushes you more than mb wall or lightning . So this move is like free mb wall. On hit it does nice domg and restands . +3 non mb +10 mb nad leaves you very close to her so strike throw mix . and remember cetrion have 10 fr low starter . this starter into tornado if it hits ur safe and massive pushback , if hits some nice dmg and another guessing . Btw nado on block leaves you and perfect distance for far wall . So he cant move lol ... Combo dmg is shit but better than force of nature and a bit lower than spring cleaning . Man if this var had tele ..... :/ But still i think its now her second best var :)

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Scratch that. My mistake. You do end up being safe tho.
Well they can just watch for anything other than boot before breaking.

Also, you (general) land the massive counter hit and then consider your own safety. Cool.

i think the biggest loser is the breakway armor system. doesnt even work on fast breakaway for 90% of the cast. some character doesnt have any beside 1 variation. some are god like and some are complete trash. Should had been on normals and not specials. but thats my take.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
some are god like and some are complete trash.
Just add that to the list of horribly balanced mechanics in the game.

• Krushing Blows
  • Fatal Blows
  • Armor Breaks
Some characters have such garbage versions of one or all of the above that the mechanic might as well not exist at all for them.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I've played so many angry wifi scorpions with their mics popped on to trash talk after a WIN that angry scorpion mains are like a meme to me at this point. Reaction to patch: OUTRAGE. Mood before patch: OUTRAGE. Emotional state after a win or loss: OUTRAGE.
Well I mean... Scorpion's whole thing is outrage lol. They're doing that couch cosplay

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
Biggest winner: Shang Tsung

This guy defeated Nightwolf, Fujin, Raiden, Shao Kahn, Sindel and Kronika.

Here is Shang Tsung refusing to be a lackey for Shao Kahn and Sindel like he was in MK9 and taking them down: